Don't laugh, here is my latest RJ45 edition with black/green tourmaline sand inside the plug plus a natural quartz stone outside. Also there are a dual twisted copper wire that ends up with a bag with "bluetac" (but beige) "stone" filled with black/green tormaline sand and clear quartz sand.

Unfortunately I will have to put you on halster with my impressions. There is VM in London on the TV and I am not allowed to play music until late tonight. It looks pretty freaky though! ?

IMG_6498.thumb.JPG.eb61a07a8efdc68689a9a295c97649b7.JPG

🎛️  Audio System  

Inspired by the Entreq Atlantis Minimus I removed yet another device from my B setup. I simply installed the Aucharm grounding box in series with my Entreq Minimus grounding box (which is still the only grounding box connected to the grounding point), so it could act as a "booster" by simply adding more weight of tourmaline stones to the mix.

IMG_6500.thumb.JPG.55d2b31f0c6730761627fb9b2a59a14c.JPGIMG_6499.thumb.JPG.c200697046fa67c5e50953c648b6be69.JPG

Still, the only device grounded are my Aqvox switch-8.

IMG_6501.thumb.JPG.4dc17901b7d3f7bebd0415d3acc845c5.JPG

Did it improve SQ? Well, yes it did! No huge difference by any means, but I can clearly hear more weight in the instruments and a touch more 3D sence/air. The improvement is not worth the additional cost, but if you have one or several Aucharm boxes laying around doing nothing I can recommend you to atleast give it a try! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

Above said, here is the final position of the Aucharm box. Sounds slightly better better than as a booster for Entreq Minimus connected to the Aqvox switch-8. It will stay connected to the Brooklyn DACs clock output until I finally order a Entreq Minimus Silver. 

IMG_6502.thumb.JPG.25ee066c08d42f8d58e62f767b91b0c7.JPGIMG_6503.thumb.JPG.11d953c6e0ac6faf6a09e0be2693045d.JPG

Unfortunately I have run out of silver wires. Optimal position is elevated but close to the floor. This will have to do until new wires arrive.

🎛️  Audio System  

I wonder if there is a correlation between lower voltage and SQ? Earlier I have noticed that the Regen Amber and Aries Mini sounded better powered with lower voltage than it did with higher voltage. Today I also tried powering the Aqvox switch-8 with 4,5v/5,1A max instead of 5v/5,1A max and it surely sounded sweeter to these ears.

I think I will try to squeeze the Regen Amber down to 5,5v/5,1A max and see if it improves upon 6v/5,1A max? ?

I wonder if Aries Mini could run on 13,5v/5,1A max too? Auralic is very specific with their 14v minimum voltage requirements.

🎛️  Audio System  

I have been interested in the Acoustic Revive RR-888 Schumann pulse generator before, but thought it was too pricy to just try for the fun of it.

acoustic-revive-rr888.thumb.jpg.0a7c9ccf4813f410045cb77914f9c3f1.jpg

Well, this morning I found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/V1-21-7-83HZ-Schumann-wave-Ultra-low-Frequency-Pulse-Generator-Reference-RR-888/122502233070?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.3c3f39f01a3b6e6c366966081399acfd.jpg

It is not nearly as nice looking, but it is suppose to use the same circuit design and is a lot cheaper, so I just might give it a try in my B setup together with my ionizer! :)

🎛️  Audio System  

8 minutes ago, Cornan said:

I have been interested in the Acoustic Revive RR-888 Schumann pulse generator before, but thought it was too pricy to just try for the fun of it.

acoustic-revive-rr888.thumb.jpg.0a7c9ccf4813f410045cb77914f9c3f1.jpg

Well, this morning I found this http://www.ebay.com/itm/V1-21-7-83HZ-Schumann-wave-Ultra-low-Frequency-Pulse-Generator-Reference-RR-888/122502233070?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.3c3f39f01a3b6e6c366966081399acfd.jpg

It is not nearly as nice looking, but it is suppose to use the same circuit design and is a lot cheaper, so I just might give it a try in my B setup together with my ionizer! :)

You are not missing much. I had the R-888 for a home audition over 4 days. The improvement was subtle at best so not worth the cost. Uprading a fuse gives a bigger gain for 1/10 of the price.

10 minutes ago, mozes said:

You are not missing much. I had the R-888 for a home audition over 4 days. The improvement was subtle at best so not worth the cost. Uprading a fuse gives a bigger gain for 1/10 of the price.

Thanks for your first hand impression Moussa! I suppose it is like my air ionizer then. Mediocre at best! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

On 2017-08-14 at 9:34 PM, Cornan said:

I wonder if Aries Mini could run on 13,5v/5,1A max too? Auralic is very specific with their 14v minimum voltage requirements.

If someone is wondering the Aries Mini is now running on 13,5v/5,1A max without issues. As I did a lot of small additions at the same time it is difficullt to say if it made a clear improvement.

Anyway, now my Aries Mini is on 13,5v, Regen Amber on 5,5v and Aqvox switch-8 on 4,5v. 

I also added the RJ45 torumaline/quartz plug to my router, RJ45 eliminators to my main router plus Brooklyn word clock input (word clock output being grounded to the Aucharm), added quartz stones to the back of all of my seven Russ Andrews RCA noise-stoppers (Aries Mini plus Brooklyn) and lastly removed the loose tubing around my 2x4 conductor starquad Intelligent Sound Master Reference 880 ac mains cord completely and added shakti onlines at both ends to separate the two starquad cables from each other (giving more distance between them).

Overall, together with Aries Mini´s small voltage reduction, the sound became more crisp and the background clearly darker.

🎛️  Audio System  

I stumpled upon this tweak yesturday night when looking for turntable upgrades.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Room-Tuning-Resonance-Bell-Large-Ebony-African-Blackwood-Mpingo-clubWOOD/191369237989?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.1419ad0b50f87cdf9d91b6b90be9e490.jpg

I have seen similar sound tuning bells from other manufactorers. This one is very cheap in comparence to those. They are suppose to be fitted on the back wall of the speakers (roughly same hight as the tweeter) and tune the sound by playing with the music.

Anyone tried these type of resonance bells?

🎛️  Audio System  

I just robbed my B setup of my second ATL DC Blocker trap filter. It just strucked me that I never thought of adding it to my Voltcraft 1134 that is powering my main router.

I just did and Whoah! ?

Major jump in SQ with Tidal! Just about everything improved! Deeper bass, more dynamics, more air, deeper 3D image, blacker background, crispier details, more details received etc etc. I am really annoyed with myself not trying or even thinking about this before. I guess I was content with the Voltcraft being a truly floating LPS, but very apparently there was much more to gain! Yay! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

I'm stuck in my favorite chair right now. Doomed to listen to music. I cannot force myself to stop. I do not want to. After powering the main router via DC blocker trap filter>Voltcraft floating LPS it's like I have entered another dimension. A new music galaxy with brighter and more beautiful stars. Endlessly deep yet crystal clear. I am in the center of that university right now. Everything evolves around me inside my Fostex TH900. I feel totally relaxed and alone in my little bubble. Just enjoying what I really like the most. Music unchained. What a joy! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

6 hours ago, austinpop said:

Enjoy! That's what this is all about. :D

Thanks Rajiv! ?

It is a great feeling to relax and enjoy the fruits. I wonder how the coming ISORegen, USPCBs and Ghent ET02 Ethernet cables will top this? 

The increased SQ of my vinyl rig have made me aware of bits I am missing out. The true heart of the music. It puts me in the centre of all attention so to speak. The DC Blocker trap filter at the main router side did just that. Now ofcource I'll really hope that my coming upgrades will extract more of that juice. It have also maked me realize just how important the main router is for cloud content. It is the heart of the cloud content.

Unfortunately my router is one that I get from my service provider. Now I am wondering who I have to bribe to get a router upgrade? ?

🎛️  Audio System  

3 hours ago, Cornan said:

Unfortunately my router is one that I get from my service provider. Now I am wondering who I have to bribe to get a router upgrade? ?

It turns out that I did´nt need to bribe anyone! :D I just found a Compal CH7486E second hand  (used for 2 weeeks only) for roughly $35 which is clearly a better option than my current Netgear CG3700 router. I´ll guess there is some advantages having to use F-plug (coaxial satellite output) connections after all. They are very cheap second hand. :)

https://www.comhem.se/asset/rqq4gefrk8ol/oAiEAAVdAs0C2kcua4OcG/a48e9f16718b958ec6927da8c7a5f8fc/manual-compal-h7486e-data.pdf

🎛️  Audio System  

Nice try. Anything will make a change of sound. Enjoy the finding.

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

You can call me crazy, but I just ordered two of these Nepal made singing bawls to experiment with as resonance bells behind my active speakers! :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klangschale-Mini-50g-Weinrot-5083-Klangschale-mini-50-g-mit-Unterlag-NEW/362073713127?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

s-l500.thumb.jpg.08e28ed6c285ad1893b21b13b658622c.jpg

After reading a little about them it seems that they are singing with the music creating a harmonized sound. Therefore it is important with a good tuned sound from the bell/bawl. What can be better than the sounds of Nepal? ;)

If they do not work I can always use them to call on my kids, start with Yoga class etc. ^_^

Here an input from a Paul McGowan that have actually heard AHPs versions IRL http://www.psaudio.com/pauls-posts/the-strangest-tweak-ever/

Looking forward to experiment with them, where ever this ends up. :)

🎛️  Audio System  

Finally I got the change to sit down in my favourite chair again listening to music in my A setup. I went to a record store earlier today and was surprised to find that the music genius Steven Wilson has released a brand new album called "To The Bone"

Listening to it right now ofcource! ?

http://tidal.com/album/77254973

photo.thumb.jpg.c605c6b8d08032f565d80c45e78cdfc3.jpg

Great music as usual with Steven Wilson, but now my SQ just brings it to life. I am sitting in front of Steven getting a one-to-one performance. Atleast that's how it feels. Life is good! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

An agent that have worked with Audioplan for more than 25 years have just moved to Sweden. I have just ordered a Audioplan Sicomin Damp Clamp for my Ariston RD40 turntable and a Audioplan Sicomin base (15x12cm) for my Gophert tower-of-power from him.

dampclamp-820x510.thumb.jpg.ca96d15350d06e885c75a1b972008d95.jpg253284318_fb7263b3-5c8d-4cee-9381-8d04e30bd126.thumb.jpg.2d0243323e8eae5bded2abcc837964e6.jpg

The best of all is that he will try to get me a demo unit of a Audioplan PowerStar S III. This is a star wired powerstrip that have been at the top of my wish list for years. I would be over the moon if he can manage to get one for me. Wish me luck! ?

audioplan_powerstersii.thumb.jpg.4543bdb849c8adbc20751b2c74cd206c.jpg

PS. If I'm lucky and get one for sure my next step will be to save up for a Minimus Silver that will be connected to the PowerStar S III plus a <30cm ATL starquad ac mains power cable for it.

🎛️  Audio System  

Today it was time to remove my cheap & great Deltaco Cat 6a ultra flat 500mHz U/UTP cables that have served me well.

IMG_6535.thumb.JPG.45ae162d55287c09298d6ff775fe4283.JPG

I got delivery of my Ghent Audio ET02 Cat 6a with genuine Germain Metz plugs and JSSG loop.

IMG_6534.thumb.JPG.8448f4c32283efd111cc65b518a5d414.JPG

Big difference is size and flexibility. Luckily I had measured correct so everything fitted like a glove, although a tight glove! ? Anyway, it was the whole point to get those cables as short as possible.

Listening to various well known records I can clearly tell a difference for the better, but I cannot find the words for it. "Calmer" is definately a word for it that goes through all the frequencies. Especially the bass and mid-range frequencies. "Better variations in depth" is another more vague scentence that comes to mind. "More air around voices" is another tricky one to understand, but is what my ears is telling me. On the negative part voices can feel a tad more "edgy" than before, but this might be calmed down with further listening/ burn-in, so I do not take this too seriously just yet. Voices are more "dynamic" and have a little more "precence" than before. Bass is more "relaxed" and "dryer".

Considering the price difference it is hard to justify it for my B setup, but it is definately worth it for my A setup. It makes bass notes and mid-range shine brighter. I'll expect the treble will too after some time. I am happy! ?

Oh, I almost forgot. I can listen with higher volume than before without fatigue and the details seems to be more apparent (audioble) on lower volume than before as well. 

Over & out! ?

Important Edit! Funny, ten minutes ago I would have given it a maximum 7/10 rating. Listening further I'm getting more improvement by the minute. Now I will gladly give it a 9/10 rating and will consider it for my B setup as well for price vs performance. I think I'll need to come back with further impressions. It would'nt surprise me if it reaches a 10/10 rating with some more hours on them! ?

🎛️  Audio System  

39 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Today it was time to remove my cheap & great Deltaco Cat 6a ultra flat 500mHz U/UTP cables that have served me well.

IMG_6535.thumb.JPG.45ae162d55287c09298d6ff775fe4283.JPG

I got delivery of my Ghent Audio ET02 Cat 6a with genuine Germain Metz plugs and JSSG loop.

IMG_6534.thumb.JPG.8448f4c32283efd111cc65b518a5d414.JPG

Big difference is size and flexibility. Luckily I had measured correct so everything fitted like a glove, although a tight glove! ? Anyway, it was the whole point to get those cables as short as possible.

Listening to various well known records I can clearly tell a difference for the better, but I cannot find the words for it. "Calmer" is definately a word for it that goes through all the frequencies. Especially the bass and mid-range frequencies. "Better variations in depth" is another more vague scentence that comes to mind. "More air around voices" is another tricky one to understand, but is what my ears is telling me. On the negative part voices can feel a tad more "edgy" than before, but this might be calmed down with further listening/ burn-in, so I do not take this too seriously just yet. Voices are more "dynamic" and have a little more "precence" than before. Bass is more "relaxed" and "dryer".

Considering the price difference it is hard to justify it for my B setup, but it is definately worth it for my A setup. It makes bass notes and mid-range shine brighter. I'll expect the treble will too after some time. I am happy! ?

Oh, I almost forgot. I can listen with higher volume than before without fatigue and the details seems to be more apparent (audioble) on lower volume than before as well. 

Over & out! ?

Important Edit! Funny, ten minutes ago I would have given it a maximum 7/10 rating. Listening further I'm getting more improvement by the minute. Now I will gladly give it a 9/10 rating and will consider it for my B setup as well for price vs performance. I think I'll need to come back with further impressions. It would'nt surprise me if it reaches a 10/10 rating with some more hours on them! ?

Congrats! I am glad these cables work for you. I just use BJC 6a cables and I think they are great value.