IGNORED

Question about USB power for a DAC

Okay here is my question. I have a HDPlex 100W linear power supply and a SOtM sMS-200 on the way. I will power the sMS with the linear power. My DAC is powered by USB and also receives digital signal over the same cable from the sMs. I am wandering, because I am supplying the sMS-200 with clean linear power, will the DAC will benefit as well or if I need to get an adapter like the UpTone Audio USB Regen to split the power off from the usb out on the sMS-200 and add back in power from my HDPlex supply? So firstly would it be beneficial to power the DAC separately versus off of the sMS (powered from a 100W linear supply)?

Secondly, if it is beneficial to power the DAC separately, instead of an expensive USB Regen and more high quality cables, could I not just order a high quality USB-Y cable and remove the ground and 5v connections from the first male end that goes into the sMS-200 and then just plug the other male end directly into my linear power supply so that data is received from one male tip in the sMS and power is received from the other male tip in the linear supply?

Ethernet Direct > Passively Cooled, Fanless, Motionless HDPLEX H1.S w/ MSI H110i Pro, i5-6400T, 16GB DDR4 (powered by HDPlex 100W Linear PS > HDPlex 300W DC-ATX HIFI PS) Asynchronous USB Out > Uptone Audio Regen USB > Resonessence Labs Concero HD

Happy Listening!