IGNORED

Searching for a flexible and future proof Room Correction solution

Greetings to all, I have been following this great forum for a while now and just joined. My first post and many thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

I am looking for a solution that includes some form of Room Correction or even DSP / EQ that is both flexible and relatively future proof.

I am currently using a sonos connect feeding a Naim Dac V1 (used as dac - preamp) which in turn drives the power stage of a Rega amplifier. I recently purchased a pair of dynaudio Emit M10 speakers which are amazing. I am however encountering occasional bass boom, especially as my sofa is next to the back wall. I am not currently considering physical room treatment (I know this is the best way) and my sofa cannot be moved due to the strange shape of the living room. Sound is fine if I move around the room but I would ideally like to have a software filter that tames the bass boom for when I sit on the sofa. Ideally I can then deactivate this easily for when I move around. A few questions / thoughts:

- Are Dynaudio speakers considered in general bass boomy? I currently have them on dynaudio stands, 13inches away from the back wall. Prior to these, I tried (at home) a pair of PMC twenty5.21 and they were lovely but the bass was simply un-dynamic (to my ears). The opposite problem in fact.

- Can I perhaps find a way to plug in my sonos connect to a pc that runs DIRAC and then output digitally to the Naim Dac V1? Has anyone tried this or something similar? Quite a few unknowns with this approach.. unknown potential latency due to the PC in and then dirac (I run a few sonos speakers in sync), unknown sound quality degradation because of the PC digital in and then out, etc.

This solution might be future proof as the pc can be upgraded.

- Even though I like sonos, I am considering any other approach including replacing the streaming platform with something completely different (e.g. Chromecast, Naim streamers, etc). As long as I can achieve multiroom syncing and Room correction without loss of sound quality for the main system.

There are times like this that I bemoan the lack of tone controls on my naim dac v1 :-(...

Very grateful for any ideas

Yiannis

• 7 months later...