IGNORED

Article: What A Long Strange Trip It's Been

Wow, Chris, can't believe you would make that drive in the winter time. I would never drive at that time of the year from AZ to MN. That is a long hard drive even in good conditions.

I like your writing skills much better in this short story. Sorry to hear of your friends/mother untimely death.

Your story started me thinking of my own demise, in which, before, I was sure that Big Blue in Costa Rica would be a part of. But maybe something less grandiose would be more befitting in MN.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

Chris, you can tell a story! You're obviously a really good-hearted guy. I've also met some pit bulls who were sweet dogs that readily responded to kindness even after suffering abuse. Very sorry to hear about your friend's tragic loss.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Nice job Chris. My daughter is living in St. Paul now, doing grad work at UMN. I have lived on the Gulf Coast all my life, and would not have been able to do that drive.

Well done, and Smokey is one lucky dog.

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

In his previous article, Chris was nice enough to say he could talk to me for hours.

But he never explained why I feel the same way about talking to him.

Read this article and you'll know the reason.

One of the truly good guys in this (or any) industry.

Joel

You shouldn't have paid the cabbie $50. The extra he caused should be on him.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Gee Chris you certainly have plenty of empathy installed. Well done. Couldn't the world do with more of that.

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

Good you made it through unscathed. Think many of us older folks have had at least a few harrowing road trips with and or without incliment weather. One of my memorable ones was when my late wife and I headed up to Big Sur when a semi blew some tires right next to us. Had an old favorite playing on the CD player at the time, Brent Lewis' Earth Tribe Rhythms which is rather hypnotic, but be assured the trance ended as abruptly as those tires blew up. Music played when we are living through some of our most important life moments is music that will hold a special place within our memories. (:

“Lenin wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Steve Bannon

Chief Strategist for President Trump and attendee on United States National Security Council.

Smokey will always remember you. Good on you for stepping in to help a creature who couldn't do for himself. I've done rescue relays (dogs rescued from a state with an excess, transported through a series of drivers in a relay to a state where they're needed) and every one of them has been excellent, and seeing the faces of the adopting families (sometimes I'm the last relay) is a huge reward.

You've got a hell of an incredible odyssey story... no cyclops or sirens (well, OK, sirens, but a different kind) but an odyssey nevertheless. Think how dull the week would have been otherwise.

Well Done- you are a real Mensch!

Best Stereo System: Wired Sonos Connect -> AQ Cinammon Digital Coax -> Marantz SA-8005 -> AA Black Momba 2 interconnects -> Marantz PM-15S2 -> Kimber 8TC speaker Cables -> Zu Soul Superfly speakers.

Ingest> NAS> Distribution: Sony Vaio Laptop ripping via ITunes to Apple Lossless, manually synced to WD Mycloud NAS, Linksys 1900AC Router, Netgear Gig E switch, generic Ethernet cables, TPLinc ethernet power line extenders.