IGNORED

help: Pi3 USB out to Modi DAC

I'm trying to get the USB output of my rPi3 unit running piCorePlayer to drive my Schiit Modi 2, without success. I can drive the Modi from my laptop and can play audio directly from the Pi3 when configured for analog audio. Am I missing some setting in the piCorePlayer or is there a compatibility issue with the modi? I have the output set to USB.

Another question:

Does the piCorePlayer support input directly from a USB drive? Is another OS a better choice for both streaming and playing from a USB drive?

Thanks for any help!

volumio->RPi3->Modi 2->Quicksilver amps/ MartinLogan ESL speakers

I'm trying to get the USB output of my rPi3 unit running piCorePlayer to drive my Schiit Modi 2, without success. I can drive the Modi from my laptop and can play audio directly from the Pi3 when configured for analog audio. Am I missing some setting in the piCorePlayer or is there a compatibility issue with the modi? I have the output set to USB.

Another question:

Does the piCorePlayer support input directly from a USB drive? Is another OS a better choice for both streaming and playing from a USB drive?

Thanks for any help!

You would be better to ask on the LMS piCoreplayer thread at Slimdevices forum.

There is a new update dor pCP v3.10- audio which may well facilitae your requirement.

I am now trying Moode, which seems more promising except for the poor GUI interface. Unfortunately I get big static at low volumes on the rPi3 analog output and only crackle on the USB output.

With Moode I just set "I2s audio device=none" in the "Configure/Audio" config panel

audio.png

and "Audio device=USB audio device" in the "Configure/MPD" config panel

mpd.png

and I got music from my Chord MoJo.