IGNORED

Is MQA a Threat to American Democracy?

It's a threat to how good this place used to be.

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

After all, Meridian is a British company.

Maybe it's the UK government's way of getting back at it's former colony.

I guess MI6 would know.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

It's our revenge for being told by Obama to get to the back of the queue. Interfere in our referendum and we'll mess with your streaming services ...

If ONLY our Framers were more prescient than they were they would have added an amendment to the Constitution claiming all digital formats are NOT created equally and NOT deserving of equal treatment under the law and then Congress and the Executive branches could have spent more money on more useless hearings and debates spending tons of money calling in experts like Stewart and our own Jussi to pass some senseless bill that would ultimately cost the American tax payer more and limit what music format you ultimately had the right to listen to???

Of course part two would then be a lawsuit against the "real meaning" of the amendment to the Constitution and more money trying to overturn executive and congressional acts regarding the "Constitutionality" of these new laws and Roberts will cast the vote to overturn all forms of digital formats rendering vinyl the only legitimate music format obliterating 250 years of Constitutionality of "digital".

Now that's how things work here in America!!

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

It's a yuge threat. Yuuuge. Believe me. This is the worst format in the history of formats and I'm gonna get rid of it. Not only that, we'll make them pay for it. I know a guy that knows a guy, he's a tremendous software engineer, really great, the best. My daughter Ivanka knows him, he's super smart. Super smart. And remember: I alone can fix it.

It's a yuge threat. Yuuuge. Believe me. This is the worst format in the history of formats and I'm gonna get rid of it. Not only that, we'll make them pay for it. I know a guy that knows a guy, he's a tremendous software engineer, really great, the best. My daughter Ivanka knows him, he's super smart. Super smart. And remember: I alone can fix it.

MQA is from Mexico.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I agree! I've appealed to president Trump to put a stop to this! Hoping he'll put Putin and his Siberian teenage hackers on the job.

Don't worry, Trump will build a fire wall... And make the Brits pay for it

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

I think the bigger threats are the new President, the Congress, and a willfully uninformed public.

...oh, and I forgot - a press that only cares about ratings and eyeballs, and not about accuracy, informing the public, or challenging power.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I think the bigger threats are the new President, the Congress, and a willfully uninformed public.

...oh, and I forgot - a press that only cares about ratings and eyeballs, and not about accuracy, informing the public, or challenging power.

Did you care about the "new President" when it was Obama who carried that title? How has Israel, your homeland, fared under the "Old President".

Hate to say it BUT it seems like you may be one of those uninformed.