IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

4 hours ago, Lee Scoggins said:

Not trying for either.  Just thought some here would find my setup interesting.  It's been a long journey to assemble so I am a bit proud of it.

How is that even remotely topical for this thread? Are you trying to deliberately derail it, or do you genuinely not understand the concept of a thread topic?

Actually, I do find your "setup interesting" Lee.  While you have obviously spent a lot of money on it (even considering promotional considerations), it is out of all proportion to the room.  I am also not seeing much in the way of acoustic tmts. either.

But this all belongs in a different thread.

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Only for those of you who prejudge an entire site based on comments of a few. 

A few? If you’re not on the “MQA is the crappiest sound to come out of a stereo in history” bandwagon when posting on this site you can expect to get piled on by a horde of anti-MQA vigilantes. Ralf even found it necessary to take a dig at MQA in a comment on your post about the new McIntosh gear. Mustn’t let any thread go by without at least one mention of how bad MQA is apparently. 

2 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

A few? If you’re not on the “MQA is the crappiest sound to come out of a stereo in history” bandwagon when posting on this site you can expect to get piled on by a horde of anti-MQA vigilantes. Ralf even found it necessary to take a dig at MQA in a comment on your post about the new McIntosh gear. Mustn’t let any thread go by without at least one mention of how bad MQA is apparently. 

Of the million visitors this year to CA, what percentage are in that anti MQA vigilante group?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, Lee Scoggins said:

So I guess CA has reached a point in the MQA debate where a dissenting opinion is labelled propaganda.

We can certainly leave the pejoratives out of it. So I will just say your experience is at variance with mine.

@Rt66indierock's recent comment about changing the sound of the master might be a key here: I have heard MQA sound better than Redbook or hi res, but only where the master was obviously different.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

5 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Of the million visitors this year to CA, what percentage are in that anti MQA vigilante group?

Are you saying that you have a million unique visitors to your site? In any event, you maybe have thousands of people actually participating in the forums by posting which is the figure that’s relevant. You may or may not have that information, I certainly don’t. 

2 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

Actually, I do find your "setup interesting" Lee.  While you have obviously spent a lot of money on it (even considering promotional considerations), it is out of all proportion to the room.  I am also not seeing much in the way of acoustic tmts. either.

But this all belongs in a different thread.

Ralf, I use the Synergistic Research HFTs for room acoustics and it works well.  If you look closely, you will see them properly place in a grid patter on the walls, ceiling, and equipment & record racks.

I'm not sure what you are basing the "out of all proportion" comment on.  Peter said it was one of the better rooms had heard recently.  He is not one to make such comments lightly.

3 minutes ago, Jud said:

We can certainly leave the pejoratives out of it. So I will just say your experience is at variance with mine.

@Rt66indierock's recent comment about changing the sound of the master might be a key here: I have heard MQA sound better than Redbook or hi res, but only where the master was obviously different.

But in my last two demos, there were no mastering differences and I heard a clear improvement.

1 minute ago, Lee Scoggins said:

But in my last two demos, there were no mastering differences and I heard a clear improvement.

Yes, that's the part of your experience that's at variance with mine.  ?

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Just now, Lee Scoggins said:

Come visit in Atlanta and I can demo some clean tracks for an A/B.

Will be pleased to if I'm ever in the vicinity.