IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

On 7/30/2018 at 5:13 PM, Rt66indierock said:

I’ll know the book value when they post the financial statements in September. 

Hopefully it's akin to a house of cards with a lit match in dangerously close proximity.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

Anyone notices the handful of album's on Tidal that are MQA only (no 16/44 version)?  The latest I have found is the new Charles Lloyd & the Marvels + Lucinda Williams album titled "Vanished Gardens" (Blue Note).

Also, with the latest update I have noticed that the Tidal desktop app won't let you see or otherwise get to 16/44 versions of albums that have an MQA version, this is so even when I change my highest playback level in settings down from "master" to "hi fi".  Anyone know of a way around this?

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

1 minute ago, crenca said:

Anyone notices the handful of album's on Tidal that are MQA only (no 16/44 version)?  The latest I have found is the new Charles Lloyd & the Marvels + Lucinda Williams album titled "Vanished Gardens" (Blue Note).

Also, with the latest update I have noticed that the Tidal desktop app won't let you see or otherwise get to 16/44 versions of albums that have an MQA version, this is so even when I change my highest playback level in settings down from "master" to "hi fi".  Anyone know of a way around this?

I noticed it with that album as well, so I opened Qobuz and got what I needed. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

I noticed it with that album as well, so I opened Qobuz and got what I needed. 

Qobuz is not official in the US right, so you are VPNing and/or grandfathered in when they were taking US accounts?

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

It'll be here this fall. I got an advanced account. I'm working on a write up comparing all the streaming services.

Nice.  I won't like losing the Tidal/Roon synergy but with them both "all in" on MQA they have lost much of their value for me...

13 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You'll be fine :~)

I don't know, I have these funny colored unicorns under my bed that are giving me false negatives...'

How's the Audiophile community relations going for you, I bet the heat is approaching "high" right now ?

1 minute ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If you only knew. 

The old guard isn't happy with me and has been making up stuff left and right. Because this is the MQA thread, I'll say that @Wavelength is publicly saying the people here on CA aren't experts and have no idea how MQA works, and are animals without a zoo keeper. It's a crazy thing for manufacturers now to be denigrating potential customers in service of MQA or some other goal. Perhaps when @mansr called him out he wasn't happy - 

I have found Gordon Rankin over the years to be comically out of touch and extremely unpleasant.

5 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If you only knew. 

The old guard isn't happy with me and has been making up stuff left and right. Because this is the MQA thread, I'll say that @Wavelength is publicly saying the people here on CA aren't experts and have no idea how MQA works, and are animals without a zoo keeper. It's a crazy thing for manufacturers now to be denigrating potential customers in service of MQA or some other goal. Perhaps when @mansr called him out he wasn't happy - 

I still find it amusing that he claimed Ethernet was unfit for audio and that networked systems would never take off and that streamers were a joke. He just tossed off "get a Mac Mini and plug it into one of my DACs"...at every turn.

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If you only knew. 

I find it amusing that people in high end audio can't come to grips with a fairly simple idea. That someone like me can't build a team of people outside high end audio that know more than they do. A simple concept called information asymmetry in the financial world. 

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Yes, their use of facts has been quite Presidential lately. 

Don't get me wrong though, I love many parts of this industry and what this hobby does for people's wellbeing. I've met so many people who find solace in listening to music through their HiFi systems and so many people who get home after stressful days and get lost in the music. It's a great escape and I want to do my part to make sure all of this remains an available choice for people and to help them get what they want out of the hobby, not what I want or what I think they need. 

I'm really trying to push the focus to be on consumers. Consumers are the one's who sign my paycheck. Sure the advertisers send money, but without consumers none of this exists. If people can't step outside of their bubble and realize they are consumers as well and view this from their own perspective outside of the industry, the future isn't bright for them. Ministers of Information are no longer.

So how about some interesting visitor numbers per month courtesy  of SimilarWeb. 

Computer Audiophile 664k

The Absolute Sound 540k

Darko Audio 329k

Analog Planet 265k

Audiostream 264k

Audiophile Review 123k

Tone 121k

Should answer any questions people have about why Chris is being attacked.

MQA Ltdyou ask sure. Their site crossed 40,000 views in June but I think since January of 2017 this thread has more views.

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If you only knew. 

Reliving this made my day...seeing Rankin get schooled and embarrassed was simply priceless thank you  @mansr

4 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

So how about some interesting visitor numbers per month courtesy  of SimilarWeb. 

Computer Audiophile 664k

The Absolute Sound 540k

Darko Audio 329k

Analog Planet 265k

Audiostream 264k

Audiophile Review 123k

Tone 121k

Should answer any questions people have about why Chris is being attacked.

MQA Ltdyou ask sure. Their site crossed 40,000 views in June but I think since January of 2017 this thread has more views.

Stereophile????