IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

2 minutes ago, Brian Lucey said:

MIC not mike, there are no Mikes in a recording you arrogant fool.

You seem even to be unraveling a lot faster this time around. Over under on the next forum goodbye, anyone?

in between your busy record making time, maybe you could try learning English the Queen’s way before calling others names

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/mike

see, now that is what one would call “Ignorance “.

47 minutes ago, synn said:

Yes, that would be correct.

Interesting, it's available in 352k MQA as well on Tidal. But Audirvana only plays it at 88k for me (first unfold only), to my Hugo2 non-MQA DAC.

What are your thoughts on the MQA version?

Since it's at 352k, is it a fair assumption that the the same DXD version that can be purchased, was used to make the MQA version? Seems like a reasonable assumption but hard to know I guess unless 2L is asked.

Needs an MQA DAC that unfolds up to 352k at least, for a proper comparison I guess?

9 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Interesting, it's available in 352k MQA as well on Tidal. But Audirvana only plays it at 88k for me (first unfold only), to my Hugo2 non-MQA DAC.

What are your thoughts with the MQA version?

To be fair, I don’t yet have any MQA capable hardware or software at my disposal. I tried a demo of Amarra and it was crashing every 10 seconds, so I gave up on that.

my initial feeling, which I may reconsider now is that the MQA Version(non unfolded) sounded a bit reverbey and the 192khz version sounded better.

next week, I will be getting a DAP which does MQA, PCM and DSD, after which I will be able to evaluate things more evenly.

1 hour ago, synn said:

You seem even to be unraveling a lot faster this time around. Over under on the next forum goodbye, anyone?

in between your busy record making time, maybe you could try learning English the Queen’s way before calling others names

No one who makes music uses that spelling, it's stupid.   Microphone.  Mic.  The end.

1 hour ago, synn said:

You see, this is exactly when I know you have lost the argument. Because every time you do, you pull out the busy famous professional card.

A busy professional who has a suspiciously large amount of free time to go foruming, by the way.

I post while I work, as a form of distraction.  Working now.  Printing a pass on in the background. It helps the focus to stay on principle with people who want to make things worse not better.

Very busy, 50 clients a month, I can't do more.

25 minutes ago, Brian Lucey said:

I post while I work, as a form of distraction.  Working now.  Printing a pass on in the background. It helps the focus to stay on principle with people who want to make things worse not better.

Very busy, 50 clients a month, I can't do more.

Some might mention quality over quantity.  Whores have a different idea.  One oriented toward servicing the most clients.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

19 minutes ago, Brian Lucey said:

No wonder there are no pros here.

Anyone else want to post something personal and have it be allowed by the moderator?

Hey, @Brian Lucey!

One thing you will notice here is that a certain subset of individuals think they talk for everyone and that they are special in some way. They can't handle the truth from someone that actually knows what the hell is talking about. They can't handle the brutal honesty that you provide. I find it refreshing! Keep up the good work both here and in the mixing room!!

3 minutes ago, synn said:

He doesn’t need to.

you have given enough evidence that you operate the McDonalds drive thru equivalent of music mastering and are ill equipped to objectively take part in any discussions that revolve around high quality music production, the likes of which audiophiles have an affinity to.

If I ever wanted advice on how to batch normalize tracks and set volume to 11, you’ll be the first to be contacted.

So rude.  I do the best work in the world according to many, and it's nothing you would understand.  Armchair nobody.

At the least have the balls to back up your insults with a definition.  What is "cookie cutter" music? 

44 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

Hey, @Brian Lucey!

One thing you will notice here is that a certain subset of individuals think they talk for everyone and that they are special in some way. They can't handle the truth from someone that actually knows what the hell is talking about. They can't handle the brutal honesty that you provide. I find it refreshing! Keep up the good work both here and in the mixing room!!

Some very real sense of false authority in people who are consumers, first, second and third.

3 minutes ago, Brian Lucey said:

Some very real sense of false authority in people who are consumers, first, second and third.

Hey Brian, who’s your favorite sports team?

are you devoid of opinions on how they perform? Or should I say, armchair opinions?

11 hours ago, #Yoda# said:

Maybe, I'm observing the HiRes download market for some years now. After a very sluggish start with facile first trials of the labels and several simple upsamples from redbook masters, the market gained momentum in 2015, maybe partially forced by the publicity of Neil Youngs Pono Kickstarter campaign. Gradually more and more new albums has been released in 24/88.2 or better resolutions.

Since MQA is available on Tidal and as download primarily at onkyomusic.com there is a significant change noticeable in the usual and average resolution in HiRes downloads. Today, the very most new albums, primarily in the top-selling Pop/Rock genre, but others as well, are released only in 24/44.1 or 24/48, the minimal requirements for HiRes music and not nearly in the real master quality. Simply a coincidence? 

How do you know whether or not 22/44.1 or 24/48 isn't THE real master quality for that particular file?

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

4 hours ago, synn said:

Not really. Did you not notice that even on the page you linked to it has "mic"" as an alternative spelling?

So  maybe you shouldn't rush to call others names......

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)