IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Now that email would be very interesting to see. Not a smoking gun because nobody has been shot, but very interesting with respect to honesty and what most people feel is within/outside of the boundaries of good taste. 

Why would anyone be surprised? MQA launched with a laundry list of lies...

When trying to sell vaporware, no tactic is off the table.

2 minutes ago, Norton said:

And what are your motives?  You joined on October 5th, you've made 40 posts so far, 37 of which are overtly critical  of MQA.  Why are you on this forum and what are you adding positively to the Computer Audiophile community?

My positive addition is ridding the "Computer Audiophile" community of the cancer known as MQA.. fake format

marketed on numerous lies. Oh yeh, and it is lossy.

17 minutes ago, Fair Hedon said:

My positive addition is ridding the "Computer Audiophile" community of the cancer known as MQA.. fake format

marketed on numerous lies. Oh yeh, and it is lossy.

Looks like you've lost all perspective and sense of proportion, this  is domestic music replay we are talking about, not a world war...

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

If you truly wanted to see MQA fail, a different tact would get you much further. 

sorry, disagree. with so many ignorant shills recruited for MQA,, and with members of the press

floating the most absurd, dishonest notions about MQA freely, being nice gets zilch.

that being said..I am all ears.

Voting with the wallet is how I have always approached such topics. 

I boycotted Sony for years after the rootkit mess. I now have a living room full of Sony shit. I don’t have brand loyalty, I only support companies who aren’t out to shaft people. 

I do agree on the general premise that MQA is not a company that has the listeners’ best interest at heart. My wallet will vote accordingly.

1 hour ago, Lee Scoggins said:

At an audio show, the financial stake is to sell gear.  Peter and Sunny are selling Wilson speakers and ARC/T+A gear.  They don't have a stake in selling MQA.  Peter is world famous in many circles for the quality of his recordings.  Wilson Alexx speakers are known for their resolution and overall quality.  Bob probably figured this would make for some good demo sound.  

Your post reminds me of a great scene:

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

18 minutes ago, Fair Hedon said:

Hey, enjoy your "MQA Ready" DAC. It's your right. x-D

An illumined MQA light is certainly the best cure for audiophile nervosa ever conceived :P

Meanwhile, I found that John Atkinson DID send his raw files plus impulse response to MQA :o

Why on Earth would he do that?

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

4 hours ago, mansr said:

The older ones (Micro, Nano, iDAC2) use the built-in filters of the TI DSD1973 DAC chip. I don't know if the newer (black) models do things differently.

iDSD Micro Black Label is same as the non-BL in that respect. It has the same firmware and DAC, but improved analog section. Now especially DSD512 gives better performance than before.

I think the new Nano Black is quite a bit different in this respect from the other models. Probably uses same XMOS code from MQA as the Pro-Ject DAC does.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

27 minutes ago, Fair Hedon said:

Hey, enjoy your "MQA Ready" DAC. It's your right. x-D

Is that the best reply you can muster? 

So you join this forum pretty much exclusively to slag off MQA, clearly  hold audiophiles in contempt and don't appear to have anything positive to contribute to the field of computer audio.  If anything you are making me think maybe there's something in this MQA after all....

8 minutes ago, Fair Hedon said:

that is your opinion. in my view, my message is clear as day, and to the point.

audiophiles blather on about being True To The Source.

and MQA spits right in the face of that premise.

I basically agree with this, but I think it unpacks a little more.  Ultimately, the record companies, not the artists, are The Source (apologies to LRH :)), so MQA is really saying "True To The Record Companies".  When viewed through this lens, MQA's story isn't quite so disingenuous.  "Master Quality" is what the record companies want you to hear, without regard for the artists' wishes.  As Spencer Chrislu from MQA has stated, "naked" high resolution PCM files are the record companies' crown jewels and should not be directly accessible by consumers.