IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

1 minute ago, witchdoctor said:

Audioquest makes an acclaimed MQA Dac called the Dragonfly for $100, go for it :)

plus another $22,500 for MQA versions of my library, if your prediction is correct ?

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

Just now, Charente said:

plus another $22,500 for MQA versions of my library, if your prediction is correct ?

I got my libray from Tidal for $10 extra a month. Deezer will offer MQA soon and HD Tracks is starting a new MQA streaming service. Just wait for a service in your country to offer MQA and go that route. Every week I open Tidal more and more MQA content is being released. There is no way I could keep up with all the new content if I had to buy everything, hirez downloads are a little pricey at $20+ a pop.

So, just abandon my music library ?

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

13 minutes ago, witchdoctor said:

What does Mark Levinson, Krell, Aurender, dCs, Lumin, Moon and the Witchdoctor all have in common? Luxurious audio standards and a passion for the highest quality and MQA.

They manufacturer audio devices and you don't , unless you do and have an audio or web site you would like to share.

The Truth Is Out There

2 minutes ago, witchdoctor said:

Enjoy both :)

Not possible if .... ""hirez" hardware and software which is going to the bottom of the ocean next to 8 track tapes and the betamax"

14 minutes ago, Charente said:

Not possible if .... ""hirez" hardware and software which is going to the bottom of the ocean next to 8 track tapes and the betamax"

It will work fine, you will be able to play both your "hirez" software and new MQA tracks, no worries. Sadly for DSD and hirez PCM they just never got traction with the major labels and now I doubt they ever will.

Highresaudio.com (a Hi-Res download site in Germany) have abandoned MQA because they couldn't get 'traction'. They now just focus on PCM & DSD (to a lesser degree).

2 minutes ago, witchdoctor said:

I think Deezer is available in Germany and will be offering MQA, NP.

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2017/09/04/mqa-and-deezer-announce-partnership/

I would very surprised if MQA ever establishes any presence outside of streaming. No one (with a brain in their head) wants to download music in a proprietary, closed format like MQA.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

23 minutes ago, jabbr said:

You are into “immersive” multichannel but don’t grok a convolution kernel ??? — not everything is politics and marketing. 

Bruno Putzey’s or anyone else’s technical arguments stand on their own. As I said math is math. Understand?

The witchdoctor does math. Tidal offers MQA and FLAC for $20 a month. Standard streamin is $10 a month. $20 - $10= $10 extra a month for FLAC and MQA.
There are currently 7000+ MQA albums on Tidal. $10 (what I pay for MQA) divided by 7000 albums (and more being dropped all the time)= 1 tenth of 1 penny per album per month. The witchdoctor likes THAT math!!! :)

BTW, when you add all the FLAC albums (millions) I get too the math works even better.

2 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

I would very surprised if MQA ever establishes any presence outside of streaming. No one (with a brain in their head) wants to download music in a proprietary, closed format like MQA.

HDtracks allows you to buy it and very soon will allow you to stream it. Onkyo music allows you to buy it, have fun.

Where I live, internet is too slow to wholly rely on streaming services for new albums only on MQA. It affects downloads as well, but that is a one-off hit per album. I'm not prepared to move house to accommodate MQA streaming.

5 minutes ago, witchdoctor said:

HDtracks allows you to buy it and very soon will allow you to stream it. Onkyo music allows you to buy it, have fun.

Can you provide a link to the MQA albums for sale on HDTracks? A search for MQA returns five or six albums but none seem to be in MQA format.

MQA in Europe ? Qobuz in France does not offer it. The only European DAC I would consider (if I had the money) is Mytek .. way over my budget. Are there any other 'decent' and affordable European made DACs that support MQA ? 

3 minutes ago, witchdoctor said:

The witchdoctor does not work for HDTracks, please contact them directly, sorry :)

You said "HDtracks allows you to buy it" so I assumed you'd be able to answer this. Why am I not surprised that you can't?

18 minutes ago, witchdoctor said:

HDtracks allows you to buy it and very soon will allow you to stream it.

9 minutes ago, witchdoctor said:

The witchdoctor does not work for HDTracks, please contact them directly, sorry :)

I don't know what kind of troll your are. A mad one I suppose. :/

What is your urge to be all over this thread ? can you help yourself ? or is it too late for that ?

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

6 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

I don't know what kind of troll your are. A mad one I suppose. :/

What is your urge to be all over this thread ? can you help yourself ? or is it too late for that ?

We are partly to blame here as we keep feeding him.

7 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

We are partly to blame here as we keep feeding him.

After considering the costs of moving house to accommodate MQA streaming, a new DAC and likely increasing costs (little doubt) of MQA streaming I have nothing more to add.