IGNORED

do audio player under w10 better then w7?

gaia

Hi

maybe most of view are mac users , I read a lot about mac is far better for music then pc

by the way i have a pc and a laptop

about pc , i tried on different machines with a built in realteak ausus motherboard and and other with soundblaster audio card

on these machine same drivers i started to listenen music with headphone and with densen amply

i used foobar2000 and aimp to play music

and (i haven't tried windows 8.1 ) but again same hardware same ,audio settings, same audio card settings ,music under w10 sounds better then windows 7

i wanted to use the WSAPI on foobar last version and aimp 4 too

(by the way i haven't understood the different between foobar (Wsapi event vs push) but it's not relevant seeings i used aimp too

i tried asio too

the audio -> flac

but seems that w10 again sounds always better

is wrong ?

ps hope it's the right section

thanks

best regards

iMac sierra 10.12.6, mabook pro sierra 10.12.6 , iphone 6S

Hi Gala,

If you use bit-perfect playback mode (audio content of file delivered to DAC as is) no difference that system you use.

Foobar alow do it: ASIO ar WASAPI drivers of your DAC/soundcard + foobars plugins for these modes.

Best regards,

Yuri

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

Hi Gala,

If you use bit-perfect playback mode (audio content of file delivered to DAC as is) no difference that system you use.

Foobar alow do it: ASIO ar WASAPI drivers of your DAC/soundcard + foobars plugins for these modes.

Best regards,

Yuri

Hi Yuri

so my ears does lie, i have used very good grado and sennheiser headphone and my densen amply , and seems w10 has a better output

may i ask the last mac operation system has a better operation system sound engine (imac /powermac regardless the hardware) compared to windows?

thanks Yuri

may i ask the last mac operation system has a better operation system sound engine (imac /powermac regardless the hardware) compared to windows?

There no difference if used bit-perfect mode.

Audio data from file puted into DAC's buffer.

The data played back from the buffer by DAC's internal clock.

If operation system provide putting data to the buffer without changing (audio player and driver allow it), playback will similar.

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Hi Yuri

so my ears does lie, i have used very good grado and sennheiser headphone and my densen amply , and seems w10 has a better output

thanks Yuri

Trust your own ears. Your not going to get a good scientific reasoning to date because it doesn't exist. Needless to say, it seems electricity plays a huge factor in polluting the DAC and thus effecting the analog sound being streamed. How the electricity passes from the OS/streamer to the DAC is what all the latest component solutions are trying to fix, without knowing all the exact reasons, mathematically.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

How the electricity passes from the OS/streamer to the DAC is what all the latest component solutions are trying to fix, without knowing all the exact reasons, mathematically.

If Mac used with installed either OSX or Win 7 or Win 10 and single DAC, it is pure comparing of operation systems for our case.

And electrical circuits is not matter.

Otherwise (different computers and DACs) we compare hardware systems, not software operation systems.

No analog is streamed, only digital.

Thanks for correcting me Kal. But I think the point came across. What then shall we call the analog signals?

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

If Mac used with installed either OSX or Win 7 or Win 10 and single DAC, it is pure comparing of operation systems for our case.

And electrical circuits is not matter.

Otherwise (different computers and DACs) we compare hardware systems, not software operation systems.

If you spent time actually trying to explain the differences, we , the majority, hear and differentiate. I would take the time to listen to what you have to say instead of trying to only correct folks here with what is scientifically known in a smaller universe outside audio.

If you spent time actually trying to explain the differences, we , the majority, hear and differentiate.

For fixing or changing a difference (improving of audio hardware/software) easier and faster way is to know there is difference or not exactly.

This knowledge begin from hypothesis (explanation).

Further there are measurements.

There no difference if used bit-perfect mode.

Audio data from file puted into DAC's buffer.

The data played back from the buffer by DAC's internal clock.

If operation system provide putting data to the buffer without changing (audio player and driver allow it), playback will similar.

hi

in case we use a line out and analog amply , no different in operation system

it's off topic but just an example ,for printing osx is able to print @ 16bit while windows only 8 bit

so if you work on an image in 16bit when you print under windows you will have a 8 bit image, source epson

thanks

hi

in case we use a line out and analog amply , no different in operation system

it's off topic but just an example ,for printing osx is able to print @ 16bit while windows only 8 bit

so if you work on an image in 16bit when you print under windows you will have a 8 bit image, source epson

thanks

Hi Gaia,

Looks like, in your example present limitation of OS driver (or operation system).

As I remember, ASIO driver pass by audio subsystem of Windows. And ASIO allow audio software direct access to audio device.