IGNORED

Apple Airpods Outer-Ear Bluetooth Earbuds review

The new Apple Airpods sound about the same as the Lightning Earpods, but are Bluetooth. I don't know how many outer-ear Bluetooth earbuds are available today, but this is the first I've encountered. The bad news, if it's taken that way, is having the Earpod sound for $160 USD, albeit it's wireless. The good news, for those who have an equalizer, is that the EQ'd sound is as good as any other Bluetooth headphone that I've optimally EQ'd. But it gets better - much better for me at least. It's like wearing nothing - no headphone on the head, and no eartips in the ear canals. It's very stable, and in this review I describe an out-of-head sensation that I don't get with any of my headphones.

Apple Airpods Outer-Ear Bluetooth Earbuds review | Headphones Hangout Forum

The biggest problem with the AirPods right now is that they are unobtainium. I bought a pair for the kid for Christmas; he'll get them (in-store pickup at the Apple Store closest to his school) on or about February 9.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

The biggest problem with the AirPods right now is that they are unobtainium. I bought a pair for the kid for Christmas; he'll get them (in-store pickup at the Apple Store closest to his school) on or about February 9.

I got a tip from an employee, to check in person every day (since I'm close to the store), and I got one on the third try. They're not making that public.