IGNORED

Chord Mojo Version 2?

Is anyone aware of a revised Mojo shipping from Chord? I was checking pricing online where I live, and some sellers are listing the Mojo as a V2. I suspect this is a fabrication only to sell at a higher price point. I sent inquiry to Chord directly and on their Facebook support page, but have yet to receive a reply.

TIA

No Disc

HD-PLEX LPS > SLK (Chinese) DC Power Cable > Mac Mini 2012 (Uptone MMK / SnakeOil OS) > LPS-1 > UpTone ISO Regen > USPCB > Chord Mojo > WireWorld Nano-Silver Eclipse > AudioEngine A2+

This was the reply from Chord.

"Nothing in the pipeline which I can confirm. The mojo will be current for the foreseeable future."

HD-PLEX LPS > SLK (Chinese) DC Power Cable > Mac Mini 2012 (Uptone MMK / SnakeOil OS) > LPS-1 > UpTone ISO Regen > USPCB > Chord Mojo > WireWorld Nano-Silver Eclipse > AudioEngine A2+

They supposedly have a pipeline of add on products to the Mojo one having already been released but one that looks pretty cool that will have a snap-on adapter for SD cards that you can just load up some music. I assume they will be releasing these before any new mods.

Too bad, I already sold my mojo. Very convenient to be able to play music from an SD card.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Is the SD card adapter confirmed or just speculation? That would be a feature I would want. Will this be a add on product for all Mojos?

They supposedly have a pipeline of add on products to the Mojo one having already been released but one that looks pretty cool that will have a snap-on adapter for SD cards that you can just load up some music. I assume they will be releasing these before any new mods.

Is the SD card adapter confirmed or just speculation? That would be a feature I would want. Will this be a add on product for all Mojos?

This has been something talked about for 9 months already..

See here

http://www.digiBringing extra length to the Mojo is Chord’s soon-to-released and as-yet-unnamed extension kit:talaudioreview.net/2016/03/chord-electronics-extend-mojo-at-canjam-socal-2016/

where it says

"....Bringing extra length to the Mojo is Chord’s soon-to-released and as-yet-unnamed extension kit......Not quite. The Mojo extender’s physical form sets the tone for a second forthcoming module that promises a whole lot more functionality, which Franks detailed at length over his CanJam table before telling yours truly that said info wasn’t yet fit for publishing...."

I have been patiently waiting since, but nothing happened so far.... I'm sort of giving up....

I take that as something that will add-on functionality, so it sounds as it would not require a specific version of mojo, but a kit to add functionality to existing mojos. Is that how everyone is taking it?

It's probably about time for Chord to release something new. Dac technology is moving so fast

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

In what way is technology moving fast?

The only major difference I see is that DACs are becoming more affordable. You can by a good DAC without spending a small fortune whereas before there were only companies like dCS and Wadia selling separate DACs.

I haven't tested it myself but I wouldn't be surprised if DACs like Wadia 27 (GNC) is still a capable DAC.

[br]