IGNORED

The Most Expensive Vinyl Records in the World..

..according to loveantiques.com

They say:

Have you ever wondered what the most expensive vinyl records in the world are? In case you are curious, we’ve compiled a list of the twenty most valuable records and how much they are worth. We partnered with an expert to bring you this list as well as a set of guidelines for prospective vinyl investors.

The 20 most valuable vinyl records in the world is as follows:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 1. ‘White Album’ by The Beatles originally owned by Ringo Starr - £730,876.

Ringo Starr sold his copy of the ‘White Album’, last year at auction for $910,000, which was the first ever to be created - the other Beatles members had the second, third and fourth pressings.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 20%]Beatles%20-%20White%20Album.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 2. “That’ll Be The Day/In Spite Of All The Danger” by The Quarrymen - £100,000

The 1958 original is the only known copy of the pre-Beatles disc recorded at a local electrical shop by McCartney, Lennon and Harrison with drummer Colin Hanton and pianist John Duff Lowe.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 20%]The%20Quarrymen%20At%20Home.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 3. "Love Me Do" by The Beatles - £80,500.

There is only one known pressing of the one-sided acetate, unedited version with count-in hence the huge price tag.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 20%]IMG-20161121-WA0000.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 4. “Music For Supermarkets” by Jean Michel Jarre - £10,000 - £30,000.

In 1983 Jarre made 1 copy of this album and then destroyed the master tapes, which is why the price is so high for this record.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 20%]Michael%20Jarre%20-%20Music%20For%20Supermarkets.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 5. “Do I Love You (Indeed I Do) by Frank Wilson - £25,000.

Only 2 originals have ever surfaced on the Motown label offshoot Soul.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 20%]Frank%20Wilson%20-%20Do%20I%20Love%20You.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 6. “God Save The Queen” by Sex Pistols - £12,000.

Before they were kicked off the A&M label about 300 of these were pressed making this record very rare.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 20%]Sex%20Pistols%20-%20God%20Save%20The%20Queen.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 7. “Would You Believe” by Billy Nicholls - £10,000.

Only 100 copies of this 60's psych/folk/rock album, pressed in its original guise, were manufactured.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 20%]Billy%20Nicholls%20-%20Would%20You%20Believe.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 8. “Please Please Me” by The Beatles - £7,500

It’s important when buying Beatles albums to check the matrix numbers that are cut into the run off groove. These numbers will allow you to work out which pressing you have. As Beatles albums were made by the million it is often these numbers that make the difference between a £10 vinyl and a £1000 treasure

[/TD]

[TD=width: 20%]please%20please%20me.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 9. “Kind Hearted Woman Blues” by Robert Johnson - £7,000.

Only two photographs of him exist and his 78's records are just as rare, especially those released on the Vocalion label.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 20%]kind%20hearted%20woman%20blues%20robert%20johnson.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 10. “Bohemian Rhapsody/I’m In Love With My Car” by Queen - £5,000.

The EMI special edition of the single was also an invite to a company event. For this reason, the 7” record came with matches, a pen, a ticket, a menu, an outer card sleeve, a scarf and an EMI goblet. If you have a complete collection with all of the different items, then this is extremely valuable.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 20%]bohemian%20rapsody%20Im%20in%20love%20queen.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 11. “Pride” by U2 - £5,000.

It was originally pressed in Australia on clear vinyl, coloured vinyl is extremely collectible especially when only 5 copies were made, like with this U2 album.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 20%]U2%20-%20Pride.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 12. “Midsummer Night’s Scene/Sara Crazy Child” by John’s Children - £4,000.

The single was pressed on 7” vinyl but for some reason was never released.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 20%]Midsummer%20nights%20scene.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 13. “Latch On/Only A Daydream” by Ron Hargrave - £3,000.

There are only six UK copies known to exist hence the high valuation.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 20%]latch%20on%20only%20a%20daydream.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 14. Led Zeppelin’s 1969 first album - £3,000.

Led Zeppelin’s first vinyl album is very common, however the initial pressing had turquoise lettering of the band’s name on the front cover. It was swiftly replaced with the now familiar orange lettering.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 20%]led%20zepplin%201969.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 15. “Love Me Do/PS I Love You” by The Beatles - £3,000

250 demo copies of this 1962 7” single contained the misspelling, ‘McArtney’.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 20%]love%20me%20do%20the%20beatles.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 16. “Space Oddity/Wild Eyed Boy From Freecloud” by David Bowie - £3,000

Only a couple of copies of the 7” single with an unreleased picture sleeve are known to exist.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 20%]space%20oddity%20wild%20eyed%20boy%20david%20bowie.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 17. “Tinkerbells Fairydust LP” by Tinkerbells Fairydust - £3,000

A slightly obscure British pop group, Tinkerbells Fairydust recorded this bubblegum psych album for Decca, but it was never released. It had extremely unusual packaging and a laminated front sleeve with a mono stereo ‘peephole’ on the back.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 20%]tinkerbells%20fairydust.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 18. “Erotica” by Madonna - £2,000.

Picture discs are also very collectible and when Madonna released this album in 1992, it was quickly withdrawn from sale because the toe-sucking image on the cover coincided with similar stories involving Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York. Consequently not many were sold so it’s a rare find.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 20%]Madonna%20-%20Erotica.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 19. “Love is Strange” by Wings - £1,500-£2,000.

“Love is Strange” was due to be released as a 7” from the Wildlife album, however Paul McCartney changed his mind at the last minute, however a few copies leaked out onto the market and are now valuable records.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 20%]Wings%20-%20Love%20Is%20Strange.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD] 20. “Tudor Lodge” by Tudors Lodges - £1200.

This is their one and only album and was released on the legendary Vertigo label.

[/TD]

[TD=width: 20%]Tudor%20Lodge.jpg[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

http://www.loveantiques.com/blog/2016/11/The-most-expensive-vinyl-records-in-the-world

What about the Butcher cover Beatles album with a nice peel?

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

Any of what? Quote the post to which you are responding, please!

You want me to quote the whole of the op again, what's the point of that, surely saying I wouldn't want any of them meant all that went before lol

Some people eh?

Or were you just miffed that I didn't like your choice either, so what, we don't all like the same things, lighten up lol

You want me to quote the whole of the op again, what's the point of that, surely saying I wouldn't want any of them meant all that went before lol

Some people eh?

Or were you just miffed that I didn't like your choice either, so what, we don't all like the same things, lighten up lol

Lighten up guys.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Not necessary. Just enough to let other posters know to which poster you are replying will suffice.

Some people eh?

I guess....

It would be very difficult for me to get miffed at you over this post since I had absolutely no idea what you were talking about!

I'll Lighten-up if you try to show just a little more posting etiquette to the rest of us and quote enough of you source so that we know to what and to whom you are referring. OK?

George

Ok I'll try again, of all the artists, tracks, albums, singles, etc. mentioned in all the posts above "I wouldn't want to own any them."

( Please note this is only MY opinion and might not be in agreement with yours lol )

My tone is fine it was you who put the ! at the end of your first reply to me and then ended with shouting OK at the end of the second one, and now you're writing in bold too, which to me reflects someone raising their voice. Now you no doubt don't mean the way there are written by that's the trouble with posting on the internet it's sometimes difficult to get across what your mean.

You took my reply completely wrong as it was meant as a joke, I don't and will never requote large posts like the one in the OP because I think it's wasteful and unnecessary, like many I see on photography forums of photos repeated multiple times for no reason.

Much the same as you prefer quotes, each to their own.

I'm sorry if you didn't know what I was talking about.

Have a Merry Xmas

This really isn't the issue.

Proper use of the quote feature makes it easier for us to understand who you are talking to and allows others to easily return to the original post by clicking on the little arrows after the name in the quoted text.

Also, as you can see here, there is no need to quote the entire post. Just delete the unnecessary words, sentences, or paragraphs.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

This really isn't the issue.

Proper use of the quote feature makes it easier for others to understand who you are talking to and allows others to easily return to the original post by clicking on the little arrows beside their name in the quoted text.

Also, as you can see here, there is no need to quote the entire post. Just delete the unnecessary words, sentences, or paragraphs.

I agree, but in this instance I felt a quote was unnecessary/irrelevant. Surely that decision is up to the person posting?

There were only two posts prior that mentioned artists and their work and .....

"I wouldn't want to own any of them lol"

I thought I made it clear enough (Note the lol)

As freely admitted by G he/she's the one who will need to lighten up, me I'm cool with it all, don't care either way, I've said sorry that he/she misunderstood my reply, can't do any more than that :shrug:

PS: not everyone is using a PC, have you tried editing a huge quote on a phone using Tapatalk? It's a pain.

Ok I'll try again, of all the artists, tracks, albums, singles, etc. mentioned in all the posts above "I wouldn't want to own any them."

OK. I agree with you! This stuff is the realm of "collectors". Those people who's sense of the worth of some object is in merely possessing it. If one had any of these aforementioned records, they couldn't actually play them - part of their value is in being "mint". All one could do is look at the record cover, and never touch the record inside the sleeve. What good is that? It's the same with any valuable collectible: Rare cars that you dare not drive, rare books that you dare not read. Some people find this sort of thing exciting, but I'm not one of them.A 1950's Jaguar "D-Type" might be worth millions, but I'd sooner have one of the New Zealand made replicas. They're exact down to the last rivet and screw, and it costs 1/10th of an original, and I could drive it anytime and anywhere I wish! I want LPs and CDs I can hear for the music that's on them. What other value do they have?

( Please note this is only MY opinion and might not be in agreement with yours lol )

But it is!

My tone is fine it was you who put the ! at the end of your first reply to me and then ended with shouting OK at the end of the second one, and now you're writing in bold too, which to me reflects someone raising their voice. Now you no doubt don't mean the way there are written by that's the trouble with posting on the internet it's sometimes difficult to get across what your mean.

No, the bolding was for emphasis, not meant as shouting or yelling. I never get upset about any post I read here. Frustrated, perhaps, but never angry. Certainly not angry enough to want to yell at anybody. If you took it that way, you have my apologies.

You took my reply completely wrong as it was meant as a joke, I don't and will never requote large posts like the one in the OP because I think it's wasteful and unnecessary, like many I see on photography forums of photos repeated multiple times for no reason.

I'm sorry if you didn't know what I was talking about.

Have a Merry Xmas

Understood. Just a small part (like the opening phrase) generally would be enough. WE are all capable of going back and reading the OP, if we know which post it is. Or, you could just quote the number of the post, and others could find it that way. For instance the post I'm referring to now is #15. Anyone can go back and find #15 and read it before reading your reply.

Cheers and Happy Holidays to you and yours.

George