IGNORED

How to convert Spotify to MP3

SaulGoodman

Hello folks,

I'm finally part of the Spotify-Premium-Family. But i thought that there could might be a way to convert music from Spotify to Mp3 in order to keep the titles onmy laptop or burn music to an audio cd. Si I'm looking for a legal sofrtware which provides this service. Any advices??

Hello folks,

I'm finally part of the Spotify-Premium-Family. But i thought that there could might be a way to convert music from Spotify to Mp3 in order to keep the titles onmy laptop or burn music to an audio cd. Si I'm looking for a legal sofrtware which provides this service. Any advices??

It wouldn't be legal software as you don't have the right with Spotify to save a copy.

You can download a copy to your laptop for offline use (if you have a premium subscription), but you cannot burn that to a CD.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

However, there's also Spotify's own T&Cs to consider, which I believe are quite clear:

'The following is not permitted for any reason whatsoever:

• copying, redistributing, reproducing, “ripping”, recording, transferring,...'

https://www.spotify.com/us/legal/end-user-agreement/#s8

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Depends what you mean by 'enforceable'. You most certainly risk your Spotify account being terminated if you don't abide by the T&Cs signed up to, regardless of jurisdiction.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

That depends on your jurisdiction. In many countries, making copies for personal use is legal.

Legal by the letter of the law perhaps in some jurisdictions, but would it be moral?

You pay Spotify so the artist gets a per play fee. If you make a copy and/or write it to a CD the artist no longer gets a fee. If you're doing this why bother with Spotify, cut out the middle man and just download it from BitTorrent, the artist gets about the same rights fee!

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Legal by the letter of the law perhaps in some jurisdictions, but would it be moral?

You pay Spotify so the artist gets a per play fee. If you make a copy and/or write it to a CD the artist no longer gets a fee. If you're doing this why bother with Spotify, cut out the middle man and just download it from BitTorrent, the artist gets about the same rights fee!

I agree that extensive such copying would be unethical. Occasionally making a temporary copy for the purpose of listening, say, during a flight is a different matter.

The app probably tracks plays and reports back when next online.

You could well be right. The download for later listening feature is quite well promoted ie. is not hidden and was much appreciated when travelling from Singapore to Frankfurt!

Roon / JRiver with Audiolense XO -> Chord Hugo TT2 -> Cyrus Mono x200 Signatures -> Audiovector Si3 Avantgarde Arretes

The downloads for Spotify are encrypted.

Capturing the audio with Quicktime or Audacity or something like that is probably not legal.

Distributing those files is fairly clearly not legal or Kosher.

It is legal in some places. I'm not saying it's always ethical, but ethical and legal are not equivalent. The music industry has done a phenomenal job convincing people that its desires are equivalent to law.

The way I see things, the morality of capturing a Spotify stream depends entirely on what you then go on to do with it. I've done it myself in order to analyse the quality of the audio, and I see nothing wrong with that (I didn't keep the files).

To the OP I say, consider what you're thinking about doing and whether it seems fair. If your objective is to get music without paying the asking price, please reconsider.

Hello folks,

Well it will be difficult to find a software for free which is legal. That's not possible i guess. I was using Tunebite Premium. You will have to pay for it but it is worth its money. Just imagine it like an old school tape-recorder for your TV but just Online-Style. Unless you keep your copies for your own use it's completely legal. This software captures songs, audiobooks or radiostations with double speed and separates them into single songs or chapters. It also adds cover and lyrics. It's a good one :)

How to record Record Music Audio Streaming

Well it will be difficult to find a software for free which is legal. That's not possible i guess. I was using Tunebite Premium. You will have to pay for it but it is worth its money. Just imagine it like an old school tape-recorder for your TV but just Online-Style. Unless you keep your copies for your own use it's completely legal. This software captures songs, audiobooks or radiostations with double speed and separates them into single songs or chapters. It also adds cover and lyrics. It's a good one :)

Paying for one thing to rip off another seems like a strange thing to do.

• 7 months later...