IGNORED

Another victim of LW - Rolling Stones latest album

Hello,

Here is have another victim of loudness wars after latest releases of Metallica and Sting - Rolling Stones:

Rolling Stones Blue and Lonesome vinyl or cd? | Page 6 | Steve Hoffman Music Forums

Screen%20Shot%202016-12-01%20at%2010.10.33%20PM.png

foobar2000 1.3.13 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analyzed: The Rolling Stones / Blue & Lonesome

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track

DR8 0.00 dB -8.58 dB 2:16 01-Just Your Fool

DR6 0.00 dB -7.64 dB 3:38 02-Commit a Crime

DR6 0.00 dB -8.16 dB 3:07 03-Blue and Lonesome

DR7 0.00 dB -7.90 dB 4:47 04-All of Your Love

DR5 0.00 dB -6.39 dB 3:26 05-I Gotta Go

DR7 0.00 dB -8.42 dB 4:31 06-Everybody Knows About My Good Thing

DR6 0.00 dB -7.06 dB 2:49 07-Ride ’em on Down

DR7 0.00 dB -8.04 dB 3:21 08-Hate to See You Go

DR7 0.00 dB -8.39 dB 2:37 09-Hoo Doo Blues

DR9 0.00 dB -10.32 dB 3:32 10-Little Rain

DR6 0.00 dB -7.14 dB 3:25 11-Just Like I Treat You

DR7 0.00 dB -8.13 dB 5:13 12-I Can’t Quit You Baby

Number of tracks: 12

Official DR value: DR7

Samplerate: 44100 Hz

Channels: 2

Bits per sample: 16

Bitrate: 883 kbps

Codec: FLAC

================================================================================

Again, peak levels!!!!

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

Yep, found the DR info at the dr-loudnesswar.info site. That's why I didn't order the 24/88 download that's available.

Another one for the Tidal Library.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Yep, found the DR info at the dr-loudnesswar.info site. That's why I didn't order the 24/88 download that's available.

Another one for the Tidal Library.

It's a shame, because music if fine on this album! Vinyl should be a bit better, but it also depends on pressing quality. That might be their last album, so they should care about the quality, but again, they are like money machine similar to Metallica, so who cares - own money during concerts.

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

I was the person who posted that Audacity graphic on the Hoffman forum. It's disgusting. I listened to the album on my headphones. Could not turn the volume past "2" (normal listening level is 4-7). And, even after that, I had a headache.

To be honest, the music is forgettable. It's time for the Stones to retire. I say that as a big fan of their older work.

Everyone's raving about their choice of blues covers, Jagger's harp work, etc. To me, it sounds like Pat Boone covering Little Richard. If you want to hear this material, listen to the originals.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...