IGNORED

Synology NAS- Best Software for FLAC + MP3 Organization and Listening

I have a Synology DS412+ unit with my music. MP3s and FLAC files and currently separated in to their own folders. I had in the past used iTunes but with zero FLAC support, and the additional fact that iTunes sucks IMHO... I'm not sure how best to organize my music.

Is there any software for the NAS that will help me catalog all these files, remove dupes, etc?

Is there software for the computer that will let me access all of these files with a user-friendly interface (like iTunes)?

I have a Synology DS412+ unit with my music. MP3s and FLAC files and currently separated in to their own folders. I had in the past used iTunes but with zero FLAC support, and the additional fact that iTunes sucks IMHO... I'm not sure how best to organize my music.

Is there any software for the NAS that will help me catalog all these files, remove dupes, etc?

Is there software for the computer that will let me access all of these files with a user-friendly interface (like iTunes)?

Search all around this website. This is a common topic. My recommendation is Jriver Music Center.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Try Jriver Music Center. You will not be dissapointed.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Jriver is darn good but what are you trying to stream to, cell phone? Laptop? Desktop? To a dac?

Den: Kef LS50 Wireless, Velodyne SPL1200, Lumin D1, Cayin SCD50T, Jolida D9, Technics 1200, Denon DL160, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 7 IC

Livingroom: T+A PA1530 r Integrated Amplifier, Innous Zen MKIII, L.K.S audio MH Da004, Tyler Acoustics Highland H2, High Fidelity Reveal IC, Wireworld Eclipse Silver 8 Speaker cable.