IGNORED

LKS USB-100 Digital Interface

Hello everybody, looking to improve my source and saw this DDC recently. Today I play music via laptop/USB and JRiver, upsampled to DSD256 into a LKS MHDA003. Will this device further improve the sound, especially if connected by I2S? L.K.S Audio USB-100 USB Audio Interface PCM384/DSD512 - Professional Audio Store - Shenzhenaudio.com

Since your LKS limit to 256 anyway. By adding this unit will degrade your current sound quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

Since your LKS limit to 256 anyway. By adding this unit will degrade your current sound quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

Of course the the L.K.S. MHDA003 will work with the L.K.S. USB device. The benefit is, that you will be able to use the 12S interface. IMO the 12S interface sounds much better than the USB interface. That will be a huge step forward in sound quality.

The "limitation to 256" is IMO completely negligible. The change from USB to 12S you will definitely hear...the step up to DSD 512 probably not. Finally using the 12S interface with the USB L.K.S. interface will not degrade your sound quality. The statement from "ismewor" is nonsense.

I would not use the USB interface anyway...besides you will benefit not having to check the magic world of USB cables:-)

In my room the use of room correction software has next to the DAC and the software player the biggest influence on sound quality.

Its a pity that the fabulous HQ-Player has no vst-support...otherwise the HQ-player would be the Sound Quality King. The internal convolution engine is nice to have for stereo, but it can't compete with the much better sounding solution with mathaudio room eq. Besides the better sound quality that mathaudio's room eq offers compared to the convolution engine, the way to the engine via REW is difficult, lengthy and unnecessarily complicated. It would be much easier to implement the vst interface in the hq-player. For example, the Room Eq plugin from mathaudio, the measurements are much faster, easier and more precise to manufacture, even without lengthy studies of REW.So remains to be able to use the Hq player with the Room Eq only the way over the Hi-Fi cable. After all, this also works perfectly, only I am limited to the PC on upsampling up to 192.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to buying this DDC and paired it with the linear power supply LKS also makes. Running via HDMI Cable into i2S to the LKS MHDA003. Absolutely stunning. Suddenly I can hear so much more detail, more of three-dimensional images and a liquidity that wasn´t there before. Makes me realize how much noise there must be in USB implementations, compared to this. Unfortunately, from what I´ve read this DDC only seems to function with LKS own DAC:s, due to lack of standardization, but perhaps a custom can rectify that.

• 5 weeks later...
Finally got around to buying this DDC and paired it with the linear power supply LKS also makes. Running via HDMI Cable into i2S to the LKS MHDA003. Absolutely stunning. Suddenly I can hear so much more detail, more of three-dimensional images and a liquidity that wasn´t there before. Makes me realize how much noise there must be in USB implementations, compared to this. Unfortunately, from what I´ve read this DDC only seems to function with LKS own DAC:s, due to lack of standardization, but perhaps a custom can rectify that.

To tell the truth, I asked Shenzhenaudio about it, and they said that the interface is fully compatible with my Gustard x20Pro and other similar DAC.

Did you have to make special cables to work with LKS-MA-D003 dac?

My system is working fine with usb to the dac, but when I try to use this interface, I get an error code that "could not query sample rate". I am assuming that the signal is not getting from usb to i2s. I am using standard hdmi and/or straight through ethernet.

Thanks for any help.

When I cycle through the inputs the usb-100 shows dsd256 when I am on the usb input. When I select the i2se input, the usb-100 goes back to 44.1. It shows 44.1 on all the other inputs. I'm using foobar2000 and dsd native with the amanero 384 driver.

Foobar2000 is upconverting to dsd 256 for all music, so I believe that the usb-100 should be showing dsd256 across the range.

I used USBview to check on the input.

usb into the LKS MH-DA003: [Loc42] Device Connected: Amanero Technologies USB Driver 1.0.57

usb into the LKS USB-100: [Loc42] Device Failed Enumeration: Unknown USB Device ( Device Descriptor Request Failed )

This tells me that the new interface is not playing nice with my computer. Let's see what the seller says.

I also have the USB-100. I really hoped it would work with DSD512 as both my X20 and the Amanero board supports 512. Using JRiver up sample to DSDx8, both the USB-100 and X20 shows DSD512, and the sound plays but there is oscillating noises coming in and out of the left channel. DSD256 works fine. Also since this is a 5V device you can power it off a normal USB battery pack.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Ho anche l'USB-100. Ho davvero sperato che avrebbe funzionato con DSD512 come sia il mio X20 e la scheda supporta Amanero 512. Utilizzando JRiver up di esempio per DSDx8, sia l'USB-100 e X20 mostra DSD512, e la riproduzione del suono ma c'è rumori oscillanti venire dentro e fuori il canale sinistro. DSD256 funziona bene. Anche perché questo è un dispositivo 5V potete alimentare fuori di una normale batteria USB.

Hello, but what about the quality of the interface that you say? Connecting it to the X20 via I2S how it sounds? there really is this huge jump of which we speak? I ask because I have a X20Pro and are undecided whether to take the usb-LKS 100 or SU-1 Singxer.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando computer Audiophile [/ quote]