IGNORED

CARY AUDIO INTRODUCES THE AiOS ALL-IN-ONE-SYSTEM

This looks pretty neat.

Press Release:

RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA

NOVEMBER 15, 2016

Cary Audio would like to introduce the first product of the new Lifestyle Series, the AiOS (All-in-One-System).

unnamed.jpg

AiOS is a new kind of music system for a new generation. What does that mean? Simply put, music lovers and audiophiles alike have many more choices today when it comes to how they listen to music. As a music system with 150 watts of Class AB power, AiOS combines sources and inputs designed around this new age. Connect AiOS to your home network (Wi-Fi or Ethernet) and stream all of your digital music stored on your networked computer(s) or NAS drive(s) with simple plug N play UPnP, DLNA, and SMB connectivity. Also, available through your home network connection are integrated internet music streaming services, Spotify, TIDAL, and others being added. For those that may find a home network connection too intimidating, AiOS allows you to insert a SD Card into the front SD Slot. You can also use a USB flash drive or USB hard drive loaded with digital music files directly to AiOS’ three USB-A inputs, all without a computer or network connection for direct playback! How about Bluetooth? Today, Bluetooth is ubiquitous and AiOS can certainly connect to your smartphone or tablet using the latest Qualcomm aptX© Bluetooth technology. However, AiOS has an extra trick up its sleeve. AiOS can SEND any of its selected sources to Bluetooth enabled headphones or speakers for a completely wireless music system. Place AiOS anywhere to add beauty and elegance to any room or décor and don’t fuss over unsightly wires when paired to a set of Bluetooth enabled speakers.

Speaking of beauty and elegance, AiOS is visually transformative. With the touch of a button, AiOS can change its backlit keys/buttons and center LCD display (together or individually) to six different preset colors including one custom color preset, or adjust any color as you see fit within the entire color spectrum. As if the all-aluminum Gunmetal Gray chassis and side panels (standard) weren’t handsome enough, AiOS offers five additional side panel color options to ensure AiOS can create the perfect blend of sight and sound to match both your lifestyle and décor choices within any setting.

Finally, AiOS includes multiple analog and digital inputs and outputs, including subwoofer output, preamplifier output, and more! Whether using AiOS as a secondary music system, or as the centerpiece of your home entertainment system, AiOS is right at home within a metropolitan condominium setting, office, bedroom, game room, dormitory, or any room or setting for the design conscience music lover.

The AiOS comes with standard Gunmetal Gray side panels. Spring Green, Deep Plum, Cary Blue, Candy Red, and Champagne Gold side panels are sold separately.

Weight: 15 lbs.

Dimensions: 3.0" H x 14.2" W x 11.0" D

Retail Price: $2,995

The AiOS is now available for preorder. Special presale price on CaryDirect!

About Cary Audio

A manufacturer of high-end audio and video electronics, Cary Audio is known for delivering innovative, no-compromise high-end audio and audio video designs to owners worldwide. Cary Audio’s award winning product lines have received accolades from many influential audio enthusiast magazines. Visit www.caryaudio.com or www.carydirect.com for complete product specifications and additional information.

gray_back_1.jpg

purple_black_1.jpg

red_lifestyle.jpg

close-up.jpg

side-panels_blue.jpg

blue_black_1.jpg

gold_black_1.jpg

gold_lifestyle.jpg

gray_black_1.jpg

gray_front_1.jpg

gray_left_1.jpg

gray_right_1.jpg

green_black_1.jpg

red_black_1.jpg

side-panels_gold.jpg

side-panels_green.jpg

side-panels_purple.jpg

side-panels_red.jpg

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Wow. A lot of capability. About time (although I just remembered the Naim box). A similar product without the amps to use active speakers would be really cool.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

If you like the features but don't need the amp, check out the DMS-500. Very high performance with variable output to for use with active speakers. Just missing the beautiful lifestyle look.

That looks impressive but no analog inputs. I would have to get one of those USB out turntables. I like the ritual of vinyl and do not want to rip all my vinyl.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

If you like the features but don't need the amp, check out the DMS-500. Very high performance with variable output to for use with active speakers. Just missing the beautiful lifestyle look.

I honestly find it pretty ugly and "plasticky" ! not beautiful at all. But it must be just me and my all subjective personal taste.

Both functionally and price-wyse I'm far MORE attracted by Kef Ls-50 wireless. But again, that's me. YMMV.

Looks to have 2 or 3 line inputs to me (check out the 4th photo on Chris' first post)

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

This is the 21st century. If a company like Cary can't figure out how to stick the functionality of a rack of $$$ components into a box the size of a cigar box with out much loss of SQ who can? The "stack in a rack" will be eventually replaced by far cheaper, far better, all in one solutions such as this.

Well Naim and Linn both manage it.

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

That looks impressive but no analog inputs. I would have to get one of those USB out turntables. I like the ritual of vinyl and do not want to rip all my vinyl.

If analog input is a must you should probably look at active speakers providing both digital and analog input....

Just to make a couple of examples

1) Audio Engine HD6: 750$

However you would still be missing an external player streamer

2) Kef LS-50 Wirelesee: 2200$, they should go on sale in December

Here you really have everything IMO: optical, USB, Rj45 and analog inputs

AFAIK, but I could be wrong, while you can find a so called "streaming dac" (eg Auralic Altair) but no analog, nobody is producing a "streaming pre" (a good analog pre + digital inputs + streaming ability) to be used in the minimalist way you suggest.

---- Edit Post----

I stay corrected, the Naim Nac-n-172-xs would....

If analog input is a must you should probably look at active speakers providing both digital and analog input....

Just to make a couple of examples

1) Audio Engine HD6: 750$

However you would still be missing an external player streamer

2) Kef LS-50 Wirelesee: 2200$, they should go on sale in December

Here you really have everything IMO: optical, USB, Rj45 and analog inputs

AFAIK, but I could be wrong, while you can find a so called "streaming dac" (eg Auralic Altair) but no analog, nobody is producing a "streaming pre" (a good analog pre + digital inputs + streaming ability) to be used in the minimalist way you suggest.

---- Edit Post----

I stay corrected, the Naim Nac-n-172-xs would....

or these powered kipsch speakers that also include a phono input:

Klipsch Reference R-15PM Powered bookshelf speakers with Bluetooth® and built-in phono preamp at Crutchfield.com

That's what I mean, this is the direction that audio is going, better, smaller, cheaper. The Naim unit looks nice too:

https://www.naimaudio.com/product/naimuniti-2

The next generation of Naim All in Ones have been announced... https://www.naimaudio.com/product/range/uniti

The UnitiStar (and UnitiAtom / UnitiNova if you attach a USB drive) will even rip to an attached USB drive, USB memory stick or SD Card. And with SDXC cards already available at 0.5TB size could be a perfect all in one solution.

Eloise

---