IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

password can't be stored in A+ (security features of Apple...)

/rant

dear Apple... even I was 12, and I am not, you are *not* my dad!!! :mad:

so, please, set stuff, by default, the way you believe is best, but give users the option of doing what the f*ck they want with their own computers!!!! :rolleyes:

/end rant :P

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

I quote from the Internet!

I'm not sure if it will get you what you want but worth a look.

An alternate way to control the volume is one from the terminal. For example:

sudo osascript -e "set Volume 3.5"

This will set the volume to 50% (the scale is 0-7 using the terminal).

You can use whole numbers or decimal numbers. A higher or lower number will make the volume go up and down in intensity (again 0-7).

This will put your volume at super quiet:

sudo osascript -e "set Volume 0.1"

This will put the volume at an even quieter setting:

sudo osascript -e "set Volume 0.01"

Using the keyboard will only give you 64 adjustments of volume control 16*4 = 64

Using the terminal you can achieve 700 options for volume control 7*100 = 700

Just released 2.6 beta 12:

• Drag iTunes synched playlist in local playlist folder to make a local copy
  • iTunes playlists browsable in A+ Remote
  • Fix albums view preferences not saved
  • Speed up and fix issues of devices changing their UUID
  • Fix multi-column filter browser open state remembered when switching back to view

Thanks for your continued feedbacks!

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

• Fix multi-column filter browser open state remembered when switching back to view

And thanks for your continued development! Apart from more urgent changes and bug fixes, do you plan any improvements of the UI, e.g., change of colours, buttons, graphics, interaction with the software? :)

And lots of respect for your continued support!!!

And please, do not release official 2.6 before fixing the year issue of "Last Played" field (A+ thinks the year is 1985).

By the way, as you have told earlier, this version could be "3.0" very easily... Thanks again!

here some more :)

Since you can do the replain gain things... is it easy the same to calculate the Dynamic Range and include it in the choices for viewing files... only that remaining for flushing JRiver :)

i have also not often the song cut off before the remaining seconds, not yet with last beta...

but mostly always the loading bar doesn't go till the end (see picture).

Also not always, but randomly some songs doesn't add the number when played... see picture of a CD played in order some missing

See picture, Should the left part be aligned ?Maybe more beautiful if the right part of the progress bar shorter by an inch (2.5cm), with time and the 2 signs around, and put the INT and SYS aligned with the rest ?

Still i'm at it, why not remove the right logo and put it bigger in the center since there is nothing there (might be an Apple thing)... you deserve bigger :-)

Really love the faster my lib load and refresh now...

Go Damien Go! :-)

Snapz003.jpg

Snapz004.jpg

Snapz003 copy.jpg

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Hi Damien

Just installed the new release

It seems the year of the Tidal album dates are wrong. For some reason they are 2047!

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

And lots of respect for your continued support!!!

And please, do not release official 2.6 before fixing the year issue of "Last Played" field (A+ thinks the year is 1985).

Forgot to add it to the change log. This is fixed in beta 12: we are in 2016 :)

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Hi Damien

Just installed the new release

It seems the year of the Tidal album dates are wrong. For some reason they are 2047!

With beta 12? Where? Which album?

I upgraded iPad to sierra few weeks ago and it was everything normal till yesterday when I did some changes in several albums (correcting some usual tags in approx. 100 albums). Probably that’s not the reason but - now I have problems with showing thumbnail in Audirvana remote. Thats not concerning to this 100 tagged albums that I mentioned before , it is happening to all albums. Every time I close and reopen audirvana remote every time there is problem with different albums. Always approx. 10-20% of albums don't have thumbnail-picture.

But when I rotate iPad up and down then thumbnail appear again? Or when I start to play the album-certain song from album, then thumbnail comes back again - and it can again disappear when I close audirvana remote and reopen it again. Interesting but scrolling album thumbnails up and down don’t help. I have the newest iPad and I think there should not be problem with iPad (memory).

And of course, I checked every folder that contains albums and all album-pictures (cover.jpg) are still on their places in the same folder with correct album. And I already synch all my music folder for several times. I have 4 folders and each of them contains approx. 300 FLAC albums. Hope there are some helpful instructions, because this is very irritating. (just now, (I have latest official audirvana on mac mini with yosemite (because of drivers compatibility with my Metrum acoustics Pavane DAC) and A+ remote is on iPad with MacOS Sierra)

I also notice that A+ remote has been updated on iPad few day ago. Maybe this is the reason for “no-showing-thumbnails” problem?

I think this is a bug in A+ Remote. A few people including myself have seen the same behavior.. For sure Damien will fix it.. Now You wrote "I have iPad with MacOS Sierra".. Sierra is the OS for Mac Computer not iPad..

I upgraded iPad to sierra few weeks ago and it was everything normal till yesterday when I did some changes in several albums (correcting some usual tags in approx. 100 albums). Probably that’s not the reason but - now I have problems with showing thumbnail in Audirvana remote. Thats not concerning to this 100 tagged albumsthat I mentioned before , it is happening to all albums. Every time I close and reopen audirvana remote every time there is problem with different albums. Always approx. 10-20% of albums don't have thumbnail-picture.

But when I rotate iPad up and down then thumbnail appear again? Or when I start to play the album-certain song from album, then thumbnail comes back again - and it can again disappear when I close audirvana remote and reopen it again. Interesting but scrolling album thumbnails up and down don’t help. I have the newest iPad and I think there should not be problem with iPad (memory).

And of course, I checked every folder that contains albums and all album-pictures (cover.jpg) are still on their places in the same folder with correct album. And I already synch all my music folder for several times. I have 4 folders and each of them contains approx. 300 FLAC albums. Hope there are some helpful instructions, because this is very irritating. (just now, (I have latest official audirvana on mac mini with yosemite (because of drivers compatibility with my Metrum acoustics Pavane DAC) and A+ remote is on iPad with MacOS Sierra)

I also notice that A+ remote has been updated on iPad few day ago. Maybe this is the reason for “no-showing-thumbnails” problem?

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.

With beta 12? Where? Which album?

Strange, I restart the computer and all dates are ok now.

I am running beta 12.

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

Audirvana 2.5.99.12 - There is a problem with the Artist. When I fill the Soloist field the same content is added to the Artist field (?)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30725[/ATTACH]

This screenshot is not from 2.6, but from 2.5.

And this is normal in 2.6 that now handles a list of artists per track/album. Thus all artists are referenced in this list. And a soloist is an artist.

Hi Damien

I still can crash A+ if I scroll down a larger Tidal search list fast. It's better than before but it still crashes.

For example I searched Chopin in Tidal and scrolled down very fast. Half the way down A+ crashed and I had to forced quit A+.

Hi Damien

I still can crash A+ if I scroll fast down Tidal search list if the list is very large.

It's better than before but it still crashed.

For example I searched Chopin in Tidal and scrolled down very fast. Half the way down A+ crashed and I had to forced quit A+.

Thanks. I'm aware of it. This is another macOS feature I need to rewrite. Too fast scrolling causes it to crash.

Thanks. I'm aware of it. This is another macOS feature I need to rewrite. Too fast scrolling causes it to crash.

OK.

Thanks for your great work.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, maximum attenuation is still on -64dB. I'd like it to go deeper, perhaps -128db, as my system configuration (MacBook Pro to Dragonfly Red to Sennheiser 280 Pro) is as simple as I can get, but is still too loud on some tracks even at the lowest volume setting...

Try with settings -24/-36/-48db!

A+ Max. Vol. Level.png

browsing my albums, opened one and looked at its tracks, clicked the artist to bring up others albums I have then, from there, clicked "Library" to continue exploring but... I'm back at the top of my collection :-/

can we, *please*, go back to last viewed album instead? ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Qobuz, Favourite Albums: click an album to reveal its content and... album's list scrolls down with selected one going out of sight :-/

Screen Shot 2016-11-15 12 23 36 AM.jpg

headphones system:

Try with settings -24/-36/-48db!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30726[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the recommendation. I had considered that approach, but expected the control limited the upper end of loudness.

In applying the recommended changes, I found on my computer that the upper end of loudness was restricted, but without extending the bottom end.

In example, the full range of loudness at -36 dB restricts the loudness from -64 dB too 54 dB. I'd like to get a bit below -64 dB.