IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

A new thread to discuss on the latest release of Audirvana Plus which is ver. 2.6.

The public beta can be found here:

https://audirvana.com/?p=4071

According to Damien this update includes:

a) Improvements in the library manager performance and reliability, thanks to the rewritten database engine

b) New features such as Replay Gain, management of multiple artists by tracks or albums, search and navigation within the library.

The final release shall be available very very soon :-)

This new version is really faster than 2.5!!!!!!!!!

Hackintosh I7 16GB Ram, Roon, HQPlayer, Drobo 8 TB NAS, Raspberry Pi 3 NAA, Gustard X20 ES 9018 Xmos, Audio GD C39 Preamp, The First ONE DIY Amp, Monitor Audio GS20 Speakers, Monitor Audio RSW12 Subwoofer, PI Audio MagikBuss filter.

I like the Replay Gain when shuffling tracks, very nice.

I can't delete any tracks from my playlists now. I did optimize the data base. I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?

I can't delete any tracks from my playlists now. I did optimize the data base. I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?

didn't want to "Start Fresh" (to keep my smart playlists) so I only removed, instead, all synched folders (to re-add them all afterwards) and... once all folders had been removed I saw some tracks were still there :-0

realised they were all tracks from the one and only manual playlist I have :-|

re-adding everything, though, did not result in any duplicates :)

... hope so! :P

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Hello Damien, Audirvana does not work any more with iTunes!?

[ATTACH]30541[/ATTACH]

What is the exact issue?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Hi Damien

Will 2.6 fix Mac OS Seirra ::: Direct Mode issue? Can I use the new A+ Remote with version 2.5.3?

Unfortunately no, as Apple has locked (using their private entitlement mechanism) the access used by Direct Mode.

So the only solution for now is the replacement of the kernel extension IOAudioFamily.kext by the one from El Capitan.

You can also file a bug report to Apple to tell this is an issue (bugreport.apple.com). Maybe if there are lots of same bug reports, they'll start to want to take a look?

And yes, A+ Remote 1.6.2 is backward compatible with previous Audirvana Plus releases.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

What is the exact issue?

The track load in memory (not completely according to the bar of progress of Audirvana) and then nothing more. There is not a cover in the small window and Audirvana not switche in the good format (for example 24 bits 96 kHz or other one)?Do you want a screenshot?Thank you Damien

The track load in memory (not completely according to the bar of progress of Audirvana) and then nothing more. There is not a cover in the small window and Audirvana not switche in the good format (for example 24 bits 96 kHz or other one)?Do you want a screenshot?Thank you Damien

Fixed. Fix will be in beta 11.

Thanks for the report.

BTW, why do you still use the legacy iTunes integrated mode?

Damien... what about tracks in a manual playlist being still there (in Library, I mean) after removing all synched folders: is this normal behaviour?

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Damien... what about tracks in a manual playlist being still there (in Library, I mean) after removing all synched folders: is this normal behaviour?

Do you have an iTunes synchronization active? They could come from there and not a synched folder.

Do you have an iTunes synchronization active? They could come from there and not a synched folder.

nope: I'm not using iTunes at all :)

(it has an empty library)

headphones system:

nope: I'm not using iTunes at all :)

(it has an empty library)

Then it must be some remains of a previous version quirks.

If you want to make a fresh start, you can delete the AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite file (and not the AudirvanaPlusLibrary one that is from the previous versions).

If you have not changed the library location, it is located in ~/Library/Application Support/Audirvana

You can access ~/Library with the Finder by using its Go menu while pressing the option key. This reveals its Library menu command.

ok, thank you Damien: since all looks fine (no duplicates) after re-adding everything, I'll just leave it alone

(... and keep an eye on it ;) )

headphones system:

I really like the new library management features, bravo! Have not played with Replay Gain as yet.

Direct mode issue: It would be good Damien if you could think of anyway round this issue that did not involve having to replace a file in a sensitive area of the OS.... FWIW I did log a bug with Apple.

Damien,

I was expecting to see the "Fondu enchainé des chanson" or "Lecture en Fondu".

Could you please think about that ?

"all track equal loudness" is an appreciated option! thanks.

s

DAPs : Astell&Kern AK380 - Cowon X9

IEM/Headphones : Shure SE846 - Denon AHD600 - Sony 1RNC

Amp. : Centrance HiFi-M8 LX XL4

Macbook Pro 2011 > Audirvana Plus 2 + Remote IOS App > Cable AudioQuest USB PEARL 1.5 > Speaker Sony SRS-X99

Damien,

I was expecting to see the "Fondu enchainé des chanson" or "Lecture en Fondu".

Could you please think about that ?

"all track equal loudness" is an appreciated option! thanks.

s

If you want fondue, go to Switzerland, they do their smelly cheese fondue everywhere in winter.

Bad pun apart, for our international audience, I guess you're referring to a cross-fading between songs, similar to the Itunes feature?

Yes !

If you want fondue, go to Switzerland, they do their smelly cheese fondue everywhere in winter.

Bad pun apart, for our international audience, I guess you're referring to a cross-fading between songs, similar to the Itunes feature?

DAPs : Astell&Kern AK380 - Cowon X9

IEM/Headphones : Shure SE846 - Denon AHD600 - Sony 1RNC

Amp. : Centrance HiFi-M8 LX XL4

Macbook Pro 2011 > Audirvana Plus 2 + Remote IOS App > Cable AudioQuest USB PEARL 1.5 > Speaker Sony SRS-X99

My library of 2600 albums was all setup perfectly in A+ like i want (at last after many weeks of tweaking), it was aslo perfectly looking in JRiver too especially that soft has the DR tab, and recently had to had ''cover.jpg'' in folders that missed that for HQPlayer to be all covered looking too :-)

Tried the 2.6 update and said to start from scratch just to be sure to don't import bad things from previous library... Many of my albums had 2 covers now displaying in albums view... restart all 2.6 and said update my old library instead that was perfect in 2.5.4... same thing happen, Arf!!!

It seems to me that A+ 2.6 is not able to see that in an album folder on my Hard disc, that has the flac files and the cover with another folder in it with bonus flac files from another edition that i kept and tagged with the same title and cover as the real album... now the bonus tracks or the one from another album are different CD number, in the same folder are appearing in two separates covers in album view.

i've found that just copying the title in the first folder and paste that title (that is the same anyway) on the doubled cover bring it to one album again in 2.6 Did many albums to repaired them... stop to save A+ state just in case it crash.... Reopen all the changes are OK... come back today after work... did all the letters A, B, C in library and close A+ again. Reopen A+, at some time it reload library all the changes i've done are gone.... Trashed all prefs files, put backup in again... load 2.5.4, trash 2.6b

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Upgraded to the latest remote paired with the 2.5.3. Don't see album artwork for random albums. Click on the album, says "loading", artwork appears in that album (not the all albums view).

Deleted and reinstalled the app. Didn't help.

Restarting iPhone doesn't help.

iPhone with iOS 10.1.1.

Previous version of the app didn't exhibit this behavior.

Update: When rotating the iPhone, the album art appears.