IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - SonoreUPnP Bridge

vortecjr

Ah of course. Perhaps then try LMS just to see if you can get the path working. Squeezeplay is a free controller app. I use iPeng myself but it's $9 (and worth it compared to the others). Perhaps Donors need to develop a player that incorporates the best of the others and blows them away? I know I'd pay for it! ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Computer Audiophile mobile app

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

I meant Sonore not donors! Dang auto correct.

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Ah of course. Perhaps then try LMS just to see if you can get the path working. Squeezeplay is a free controller app. I use iPeng myself but it's $9 (and worth it compared to the others). Perhaps Donors need to develop a player that incorporates the best of the others and blows them away? I know I'd pay for it! ;)

It should work with both controllers. Right now his issue is that the connection is not being established between SonoreUPnP Bridge and his device. If he pics PCM as the stream format as you confirmed that should solve the issue.

I am sometimes a bit slow to understand things. I just realized in the last few days that, since the mrendu can behave as a UPNP/DLNA renderer, it could very well act as the "target" of the RoonBridge service. I tried it, and it works. Used in this way, when one wants to alternate between Roon Server and a conventional UPnP/DLNA server (like minimserver controlled through Bubble on android), one does not need to switch the Audio App on the mrendu from RoonReady to MPD/DLNA. The mrendu can be permanently left in MPD/DLNA mode, avoiding a trip to the sonicorbiter web app to change audio mode.

Is it premature to say that the RoonBridge service makes the RoonReady audio mode obsolete ? Or does to RAAT protocol underlying the Sonore RoonReady mode offer significant advantages over the UPNP/DLNA protocol used by the RoonBridge service (eg for multiroom synchro) ? Should I avoid using the RoonBridge service to feed the mrendu renderer as far as SQ is concerned ?

I would appreciate any comments on the above.

Regards

I am sometimes a bit slow to understand things. I just realized in the last few days that, since the mrendu can behave as a UPNP/DLNA renderer, it could very well act as the "target" of the RoonBridge service. I tried it, and it works. Used in this way, when one wants to alternate between Roon Server and a conventional UPnP/DLNA server (like minimserver controlled through Bubble on android), one does not need to switch the Audio App on the mrendu from RoonReady to MPD/DLNA. The mrendu can be permanently left in MPD/DLNA mode, avoiding a trip to the sonicorbiter web app to change audio mode.

Is it premature to say that the RoonBridge service makes the RoonReady audio mode obsolete ? Or does to RAAT protocol underlying the Sonore RoonReady mode offer significant advantages over the UPNP/DLNA protocol used by the RoonBridge service (eg for multiroom synchro) ? Should I avoid using the RoonBridge service to feed the mrendu renderer as far as SQ is concerned ?

I would appreciate any comments on the above.

Regards

This application is intended for DLNA/UPNP devices that do not otherwise have Roon / RoonReady Support. It's not a good idea and it will likely have operational issues.

Based on price and quality, donors is not a badly choosen substitute for Sonore, is it?

Yep! My next 'donation' goes to Uptone for an LPs-1 and then my giving days are over for awhile. ;)

There is nothing more to check. Unfortunately, it's just not working for you.

Huh. My UQ is still on a very old firmware 3.17. I wonder if that makes a difference at all.

Huh. My UQ is still on a very old firmware 3.17. I wonder if that makes a difference at all.

...if at first you don't succeed,....

I'm not one to give up easily, so I uninstalled and tried again, and it has now started working - go figure.

I have successfully got the Bridge working on a Naim UnitiQute2 with settings Max Sample Rate 96khz, and Format WAV. (NB: LPCM does NOT work, only a loud hissing noise comes out of the speakers)

As my UQ2 is connected wirelessly, max playback is at 96khz, but over ethernet I expect 192khz will work fine as well.

I have the volume control in Roon enabled, and this works correctly with the UQ2.

DSF (DSD 64) files do play when 'convert to PCM' mode is selected. However, this only works if max sample rate is set to 96khz.

I had the same results with a Naim Muso.

I couldn’t get an Oppo BDP105EU or Arcam AVR850 to work with WAV or LPCM – connection is made but playback never started.

regards

Nick

...if at first you don't succeed,....

I'm not one to give up easily, so I uninstalled and tried again, and it has now started working - go figure.

I have successfully got the Bridge working on a Naim UnitiQute2 with settings Max Sample Rate 96khz, and Format WAV. (NB: LPCM does NOT work, only a loud hissing noise comes out of the speakers)

As my UQ2 is connected wirelessly, max playback is at 96khz, but over ethernet I expect 192khz will work fine as well.

I have the volume control in Roon enabled, and this works correctly with the UQ2.

DSF (DSD 64) files do play when 'convert to PCM' mode is selected. However, this only works if max sample rate is set to 96khz.

I had the same results with a Naim Muso.

I couldn’t get an Oppo BDP105EU or Arcam AVR850 to work with WAV or LPCM – connection is made but playback never started.

regards

Nick

I had a feeling you would figure it out:) In regards to the Oppo BDP105EU or Arcam AVR850 there are DLNA devices that do not act as renderers when controlled by third party apps. These might only work with their own controllers and or by accessing files directly from a DLNA server. Are you able to control these devices via Plug Player running on your computer or mobile device?

Thanks for all your help.

I have now disabled Bubble and rebooted both ST and router, but it has made no difference, so still showing as not connected. Screenshot of config screen attached

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30876[/ATTACH]

Any other ideas?

thanks

Nick

I had a similar issue - in the end I rebooted / by unplugging the mR twice (power cycling) and it finally connected.

Not very scientific - but it did the job.

Hope it helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had a feeling you would figure it out:) In regards to the Oppo BDP105EU or Arcam AVR850 there are DLNA devices that do not act as renderers when controlled by third party apps. These might only work with their own controllers and or by accessing files directly from a DLNA server. Are you able to control these devices via Plug Player running on your computer or mobile device?

I tried PlugPlayer as well as Oppo and Arcam's own controllers, but neither showed up i'm afraid.

Hi,

I'm fairly computer/streaming illiterate.

Does anybody know if the Astell&Kern 380 which has it's own streaming network protocol (MQS streaming server) DNLA/UPnP thru AK Connect app can used with Roon/microrendu network.

Thanks,

Larry

Download PlugPlayer for your computer or mobile device and see if you can stream to it.