IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - SonoreUPnP Bridge

vortecjr

Update the unit and try it again.
I did update my mrendu, and saw that two packages (RoonReady among them) were updated. I repeated the update, to confirm that no updates were needed.

Unfortunately, my problem remains.The last track played through Roon > UPnPBridge ends abruptedly, with around 15 secs being truncated. This happens on any track, as long as it is the last one in the playing queue. The problem disappears if another track is added to the playing queue : then the track which was previously truncated plays correctly up to the end.

This is on a Simaudio 780D Mind renderer.

I would be happy to help you diagnose this problem. Anything I can do, for example running a log ?

Thanks for all your help.

I did update my mrendu, and saw that two packages (RoonReady among them) were updated. I repeated the update, to confirm that no updates were needed.

Unfortunately, my problem remains.The last track played through Roon > UPnPBridge ends abruptedly, with around 15 secs being truncated. This happens on any track, as long as it is the last one in the playing queue. The problem disappears if another track is added to the playing queue : then the track which was previously truncated plays correctly up to the end.

This is on a Simaudio 780D Mind renderer.

I would be happy to help you diagnose this problem. Anything I can do, for example running a log ?

Weird. Try deleting it and reinstalling it.

Weird. Try deleting it and reinstalling it.
I did as you asked. Deleted the UPnPBridge app, then reinstalled it. First forgot to reconfigure it, realized my mistake, and corrected that.

Now the problem has disappeared. The last track in the playing queue correctly plays up to the end.

Thanks for having fixed this issue.

P.S. It would be nice to have a sticky thread documenting the changes made to the SonicOrbiter OS. It still seems difficult to ascertain that your device OS is up-to-date.

Regards,

André

I can confirm I got this to work with my Rendu and Naim Unitiqute (version1) using both iPeng or Squeezeplayer as controllers. The UQ is in my office, the rendu the main rig upstairs into A Naim DAC V1.

I won't say it sounded any better or worse, just subtly different, slightly better in the highs, but also not quite as dynamic as just straight in via the Naim app. Considering the kludge it takes (well or at least takes to switch between set ups), I'll stick with Squeezelite and the rendu for upstairs, and let the Naim do its thing in the office. Also, I can't seem to figure out how to get iradio to work in LMS, and I like to listen mostly to the radio in the office.

Did you you select WAV or PCM as the stream format?

I did as you asked. Deleted the UPnPBridge app, then reinstalled it. First forgot to reconfigure it, realized my mistake, and corrected that.

Now the problem has disappeared. The last track in the playing queue correctly plays up to the end.

Thanks for having fixed this issue.

P.S. It would be nice to have a sticky thread documenting the changes made to the SonicOrbiter OS. It still seems difficult to ascertain that your device OS is up-to-date.

Regards,

André

The problem has unfortunately reappeared after some listening time: last track in the Roon playing queue stops playing at about 15-20 secs before end, but plays fine up to the end if another track is appended to the queue. Tried all the steps performed last night which led to an (apparent) solution: update of the mrendu, uninstall/reinstall of the UPnPBridge app, reboot of the Moon Mind renderer, reboot of the Roon Core server. All to no avail.

Any other measure I could take to help diagnose this issue ?

Regards

The problem has unfortunately reappeared after some listening time: last track in the Roon playing queue stops playing at about 15-20 secs before end, but plays fine up to the end if another track is appended to the queue. Tried all the steps performed last night which led to an (apparent) solution: update of the mrendu, uninstall/reinstall of the UPnPBridge app, reboot of the Moon Mind renderer, reboot of the Roon Core server. All to no avail.

Any other measure I could take to help diagnose this issue ?

Regards

It's odd that it worked and then stopped. My renderer does not do it so it's unit specific. I'll have to think about this...

Another one to confirm working the Trinnov Amethyst, plays correctly up to 192khz with WAV format. ( Didn't manage to get PCM to work). I have set the max sample rate in Urendu UPNP configuration to 384 KHz and disabled the sample rate in Roon...the Amethyst is able to stream up to 192 KHz.

ER / Geisman OXCO / Grimm MU1  / Dutch & Dutch 8C / Townshend Seismic Isolation

HP - SMSL Sanskrit 10th A’ , Woo Audio WA5 LE, Hifiman HEK v2

Another one to confirm working the Trinnov Amethyst, plays correctly up to 192khz with WAV format. ( Didn't manage to get PCM to work). I have set the max sample rate in Urendu UPNP configuration to 384 KHz and disabled the sample rate in Roon...the Amethyst is able to stream up to 192 KHz.

Nice. BTW I think we have isolated the issue with Linn. We need to look into it more and it could take some time to sort out.

Nice. BTW I think we have isolated the issue with Linn. We need to look into it more and it could take some time to sort out.

That sounds promising. Can you keep us updated if you make any progress on the issue using Linn. would be much appreciated

ER / Geisman OXCO / Grimm MU1  / Dutch & Dutch 8C / Townshend Seismic Isolation

HP - SMSL Sanskrit 10th A’ , Woo Audio WA5 LE, Hifiman HEK v2

I'm probably missing something obvious, but I can't get the Bridge to show up in Roon. Steps so far....

1. Installed UPNP bridge package on sonictransporter i5

2. Configured app - selecting Naim UQ2 as the renderer, with 192 max sample rate and WAV, saved

3. Open roon setup and nothing is shown (I'm not using a squeezebox setup)

4. I looked at the app in sonictransporter and it doesn't seem to have an IP address

tMAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Do I need to do something on my router to get it working, such as open a port?

thanks for any help

Nick

I'm probably missing something obvious, but I can't get the Bridge to show up in Roon. Steps so far....

1. Installed UPNP bridge package on sonictransporter i5

2. Configured app - selecting Naim UQ2 as the renderer, with 192 max sample rate and WAV, saved

3. Open roon setup and nothing is shown (I'm not using a squeezebox setup)

4. I looked at the app in sonictransporter and it doesn't seem to have an IP address

Do I need to do something on my router to get it working, such as open a port?

thanks for any help

Nick

Post the information from Apps / SonoreUPnP Bridge.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30875[/ATTACH]

Here you go

'Office' is the name I use for the Naim UQ2

thanks

Nick

It's not connected. You have to select the renderer name that the scanner finds in Settings / SonoreUPnP Bridge. FYI Roon will not show the unit until the connection is established.

It's not connected. You have to select the renderer name that the scanner finds in Settings / SonoreUPnP Bridge. FYI Roon will not show the unit until the connection is established.

I am selecting the renderer name from the dropdown list, so 'Office' is correct.

Bubble is installed on my NAS but not actively used at present -should I disable it?

I am selecting the renderer name from the dropdown list, so 'Office' is correct.

Bubble is installed on my NAS but not actively used at present -should I disable it?

Yes, do not make the Naim unit an OpenHome renderer. Recheck the renderer's name by refreshing the page especially if you make any changes.

Yes, do not make the Naim unit an OpenHome renderer. Recheck the renderer's name by refreshing the page especially if you make any changes.

I have now disabled Bubble and rebooted both ST and router, but it has made no difference, so still showing as not connected. Screenshot of config screen attached

Capture2.JPG

Any other ideas?

thanks

Nick

Did you you select WAV or PCM as the stream format?

Sorry for the late reply - travelling. I chose was first but then it hiccupped. Then tried pcm and it worked. But like I said I was pushing a lot of buttons so not sure if it matters.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Computer Audiophile mobile app

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

I have now disabled Bubble and rebooted both ST and router, but it has made no difference, so still showing as not connected. Screenshot of config screen attached

Any other ideas?

thanks

Nick

Does it connect and play to your other renderers?

Sorry for the late reply - travelling. I chose was first but then it hiccupped. Then tried pcm and it worked. But like I said I was pushing a lot of buttons so not sure if it matters.

Thanks!

Any other ideas?

thanks

Nick

Try PCM as the stream format!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30876[/ATTACH]

Any other ideas?

thanks

Nick

Make sure that the US isn't trying

to be accessed by another app. Also, it won't work with the Naim app for some reason so try a third party player app. What server are you trying g to access on the ST? I think it only works with LMS.

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

I meant UQ. Try squeezeplay if you are iOS.