IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - SonoreUPnP Bridge

vortecjr

On 2.9.2017 at 7:45 PM, vortecjr said:

The software automatically connects, but something in your system is preventing this. I understand that you paid a lot of money for the microRendu, but this application is noted as BETA software. You have stated that the FLAC setting in Roon allows you play music. If you are not content with having to restart the application then return the unit for a refund.     

2 hours ago, meldano said:

This application is working great with many DLNA devices. However, DLNA is a tricky protocol and manufacturers have implemented it as they see fit. This causes issues with compatibility that are beyond our control. We are not going to track down each of Naim's products and figure out what is going on with them. Also, they now have RoonReady support so even less reason to pursue it. If you have Naim and have limited support, spotty support, or otherwise you need to look for an alternate solution.

ahh, I forgot...my SonicTransporter is the Windows version...I think the ones Small Green Computer lists on their website have the Linux SonicOrbiter OS. 

And to confuse things further, Sonore used to make a hardware device called...you guessed it...SonoreUPnP Bridge which, at $165 or so, was a much more economical way to get Roon working with Linn devices than the options they have today. And this is what I have on my network to use with my Klimax DSM.

Long story short, if you're running the SonicOrbiter OS, it appears you won't need to add anything else to get the SonicTransporter to work with your Linn Akurate since it has the bridge software on it.

ChrisG

Bend, OR

42 minutes ago, ChrisG said:

ahh, I forgot...my SonicTransporter is the Windows version...I think the ones Small Green Computer lists on their website have the Linux SonicOrbiter OS. 

And to confuse things further, Sonore used to make a hardware device called...you guessed it...SonoreUPnP Bridge which, at $165 or so, was a much more economical way to get Roon working with Linn devices than the options they have today. And this is what I have on my network to use with my Klimax DSM.

Long story short, if you're running the SonicOrbiter OS, it appears you won't need to add anything else to get the SonicTransporter to work with your Linn Akurate since it has the bridge software on it.

Yes, the SonoreUPnP Bridge is only available on Linux based Sonicorbiter units. Also, for clarification it was Small Green Computer that made the $165 unit which is now discontinued. A Small Green Computer sonicTransporter would go well with a Klimax DSM.

• 3 months later...

We have an update for the SonoreUPnP Bridge that passes volume signals to certain devices. It was a feature request by the the guys at Roon. It's untested code since we do not have the units here that need it. 

There is also an update for the servers that run SonoreUPnP Bridge that fixes an issue where the application does not start. 

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Are you using WAV or PCM?

Working with WAV, too scared to try PCM. Just happy it works

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

On 4/25/2019 at 8:41 AM, vortecjr said:

Are you using WAV or PCM?

I got brave and tried LPCM. It works too and sounds quite good. Thank you for adding this feature. Will take my microrendu off the market now.

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

• 2 months later...

Hi @vortecjr

Can you consider adding support to this UPnP Bridge app, for HQP NAA -> UPnP bridging?

For example, it would be fantastic with all Devialet products. Their integrated amps and the case I'm interested in, their Phantom DSP speakers.

All their products support UPnP input but not (probably never) HQPlayer NAA.

Using HQPlayer with their products unlocks the world of using HQP for digital room EQ engine.

The Sonore UPnP bridge would only need to support up to PCM192 kHz, just like it does now with Roon anyway.

So one could have a sonicTransporter & HQP Embedded -> Sonore UPnP Bridge -> Devialet Phantom DSP Speakers

All over network - no USB, no SPDIF etc

Obviously this NAA to UPnP conversion would need some work with @Miska

The same way Roon will never add support to playing to UPnP,  I don't ever see Devialet adding support for HQP NAA although I have asked.

36 minutes ago, Em2016 said:

Hi @vortecjr

Can you consider adding support to this UPnP Bridge app, for HQP NAA -> UPnP bridging?

For example, it would be fantastic with all Devialet products. Their integrated amps and the case I'm interested in, their Phantom DSP speakers.

All their products support UPnP input but not (probably never) HQPlayer NAA.

Using HQPlayer with their products unlocks the world of using HQP for digital room EQ engine.

The Sonore UPnP bridge would only need to support up to PCM192 kHz, just like it does now with Roon anyway.

So one could have a sonicTransporter & HQP Embedded -> Sonore UPnP Bridge -> Devialet Phantom DSP Speakers

All over network - no USB, no SPDIF etc

Obviously this NAA to UPnP conversion would need some work with @Miska

The same way Roon will never add support to playing to UPnP,  I don't ever see Devialet adding support for HQP NAA although I have asked.

Interesting idea. Remember both side of the HQ Player / NAA scheme is closed source.

18 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Interesting idea. Remember both side of the HQ Player / NAA scheme is closed source.

I know, that's why I tagged Miska. Hopefully you guys can talk in the background about how it may (or not) be able to work.

HQPlayer wants to get as close to the DAC as possible, while UPnP tries to abstract such things away as much as possible. UPnP Renderer is a full player, not an audio endpoint. NAA, RAAT, RAVENNA/AES67 and AVB are audio endpoint protocols, while UPnP is not.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

On 7/4/2019 at 1:44 AM, Em2016 said:

By the way, if they would add support for RAVENNA/Dante/AES67 or AVB and provide corresponding ASIO/CoreAudio driver, that would also solve the problem... But I'm pretty sure, adding NAA support is much easier than that.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

2 hours ago, Miska said:

By the way, if they would add support for RAVENNA/Dante/AES67 or AVB and provide corresponding ASIO/CoreAudio driver, that would also solve the problem... But I'm pretty sure, adding NAA support is much easier than that.

Noted. I easily added NAA support to Debian Stretch, so I don't doubt it's easy.

It's probably a demand thing.

I imagine adding RAAT and Airplay 2 support is higher priority (for Devialet) for the Phantoms, due to demand.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This is based on a posted on the Roon forum by JakeiFi a few days ago. You can find the entire post here:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/ifi-bridge-a-upnp-dlna-app-solution-for-playback-on-roon/85864

The iFi Bridge allows any UPnP / DLNA device (Universal Plug and Play / Digital Living Network Alliance) to become a playback option on Roon. The application connects with UPnP / DLNA devices found on your network and acts as a bridge between the Roon application and your device. It disguises each device as a ‘Logitech Squeezebox device’ which is compatible with Roon allowing audio playback over network successfully.

You can watch the tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar5vE9vkg9E

You can find the Windows application here: https://github.com/jakeifi/iFiBridge

13 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

This is based on a posted on the Roon forum by JakeiFi a few days ago. You can find the entire post here:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/ifi-bridge-a-upnp-dlna-app-solution-for-playback-on-roon/85864

The iFi Bridge allows any UPnP / DLNA device (Universal Plug and Play / Digital Living Network Alliance) to become a playback option on Roon. The application connects with UPnP / DLNA devices found on your network and acts as a bridge between the Roon application and your device. It disguises each device as a ‘Logitech Squeezebox device’ which is compatible with Roon allowing audio playback over network successfully.

You can watch the tutorial here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar5vE9vkg9E

You can find the Windows application here: https://github.com/jakeifi/iFiBridge

Does this product use the SGC software internally?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png