IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - SonoreUPnP Bridge

vortecjr

Trying it with Sonos Connect UPnP right now. No luck so far.

Trying with Linn Klimax DS/2 and works a treat if you select the Linn as a UPNP/AV device and not as a DS Playlist device, when setting up on the SonoreUPnP Bridge app. The Linn appears as a Squeezbox device in Roon.... :)

ER / Geisman OXCO / Grimm MU1  / Dutch & Dutch 8C / Townshend Seismic Isolation

HP - SMSL Sanskrit 10th A’ , Woo Audio WA5 LE, Hifiman HEK v2

Trying with Linn Klimax DS/2 and works a treat if you select the Linn as a UPNP/AV device and not as a DS Playlist device, when setting up on the SonoreUPnP Bridge app. The Linn appears as a Squeezbox device in Roon.... :)

Currently only plays up to 48k resolution using wav format

Is 48khz a limitation of the unit or the UPNP/AV device vs DS Playlist device selection?

The DS plays up to 192khz, so I am guessing that's a limit of the UPNP/AV device selection. If PlaylistDS is selected in the UPNP app, nothing shows up in Roon

The SonoreUPnP Bridge application was released on the Sonicorbiter operating system this afternoon. Please test your DLNA/UPNP devices and post either confirmed or busted. For confirmed devices let us know the product tested and the stream format (WAV or PCM) that worked for you.

With the other DsPlaylist device selection, nothing shows up in Roon.

If I change streaming to PCM, Roon appears to be playing the track at higher resolution - you can see the little sound bars moving when you select audio zones, but the transport timer/cursor doesn't play and there is no sound.

If I change streaming to PCM, Roon appears to be playing the track at higher resolution - you can see the little sound bars moving when you select audio zones, but the transport timer/cursor doesn't play and there is no sound.

It will not show up in Roon until a connection is made. Check the settings in post #35 above just to be sure.

It will not show up in Roon until a connection is made. Check the settings in post #35 above just to be sure.

Yes I checked the connection was made and Roon showed up. Still nada.

Additionally, if you have a playlist with mixed resolution tracks in it. Once Roon encounters a higher resolution track, it skips that track and continues to skip the rest of the tracks in the playlist regardless of resolution, or if track is paused or playing, Roon skips until the playlist queue is empty. Restarting the bridge gets control back.

Yes I checked the connection was made and Roon showed up. Still nada.

Additionally, if you have a playlist with mixed resolution tracks in it. Once Roon encounters a higher resolution track, it skips that track and continues to skip the rest of the tracks in the playlist regardless of resolution, or if track is paused or playing, Roon skips until the playlist queue is empty. Restarting the bridge gets control back.

That is unfortunate. We don't have a lot of devices so it's impossible to troubleshoot each one beyond checking the basic settings.

What I would do in your case if you want to use the application is set the Max Sample Rate in Roon so it will not try to playback higher rates.

The SonoreUPnP Bridge application was released on the Sonicorbiter operating system this afternoon. Please test your DLNA/UPNP devices and post either confirmed or busted. For confirmed devices let us know the product tested and the stream format (WAV or PCM) that worked for you.

I cant see the bridge software anywhere in my control panel here is what I see:

Please advise.

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 11.12.48.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 11.12.38.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 11.12.28.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 11.12.19.png

I tested RoonCore with SonoreUPnPBridge on the internal Mind DLNA/UPNP renderer that equips the Simaudio Moon 780D. Results should also apply for the 280D and 380D models, since they are fitted with identical Mind technology.

Everything worked correctly:

• UPnPBridge set to WAV (LPCM won't work), max sample rate to 192kHz
  • Roon Core Squeze Lite Settings: Max Sample Rate Disabled, DSD over PCM

The DAC correctly acknowledged PCM at all frequencies up to 192kHz, DSD64 (with DOP), and DSD128 (converted to PCM 176).

Gapless playback worked OK, except for a particular issue I will report in another post, since I do not think it has to do with the Mind renderer.

I have the following issue with UPnPBridge. When playing the last track in the playing queue, the last seconds are dropped. The last track may be truncated by as much as 10-15 secs. This occurs systematically, whatever the track played and its length. The only workaround I found is to add a dummy track at the end of the playing queue : then the preceding track which was previously truncated plays correctly up to the end (truncation occuring now on the dummy track).

This does not occur if Roon server is connected to the mrendu set in RAAT mode.

I am using UPnPBridge on a mrendu, and a Moon Mind as the DLNA/UPnP renderer.

The "padding" fix I use makes me think this issue could be related with the gapless playback implementation in the UPnPBridge service, since gapless playback implies buffering ahead the start of the next track when the current playing track is about to end. There is evidently no "next" track when reaching the end of the playing queue.

I know the Moon Mind renderer I use implements the SetNextAvTransportURI protocol. BubbleUPnP on Android uses that to play gaplessly to the Mind, without any problem.

Thanks for your work.

What happens if you set different sample rates in the SonoreUPnP Bridge configuration?

I tested RoonCore with SonoreUPnPBridge on the internal Mind DLNA/UPNP renderer that equips the Simaudio Moon 780D. Results should also apply for the 280D and 380D models, since they are fitted with identical Mind technology.

Everything worked correctly:

• UPnPBridge set to WAV (LPCM won't work), max sample rate to 192kHz
  • Roon Core Squeze Lite Settings: Max Sample Rate Disabled, DSD over PCM

The DAC correctly acknowledged PCM at all frequencies up to 192kHz, DSD64 (with DOP), and DSD128 (converted to PCM 176).

Gapless playback worked OK, except for a particular issue I will report in another post, since I do not think it has to do with the Mind renderer.

Great. I'll add it to the list.

I have the following issue with UPnPBridge. When playing the last track in the playing queue, the last seconds are dropped. The last track may be truncated by as much as 10-15 secs. This occurs systematically, whatever the track played and its length. The only workaround I found is to add a dummy track at the end of the playing queue : then the preceding track which was previously truncated plays correctly up to the end (truncation occuring now on the dummy track).

This does not occur if Roon server is connected to the mrendu set in RAAT mode.

I am using UPnPBridge on a mrendu, and a Moon Mind as the DLNA/UPnP renderer.

The "padding" fix I use makes me think this issue could be related with the gapless playback implementation in the UPnPBridge service, since gapless playback implies buffering ahead the start of the next track when the current playing track is about to end. There is evidently no "next" track when reaching the end of the playing queue.

I know the Moon Mind renderer I use implements the SetNextAvTransportURI protocol. BubbleUPnP on Android uses that to play gaplessly to the Mind, without any problem.

Thanks for your work.

This not related to gapless. We will look into this to figure out if it's device specific.

I can confirm I got this to work with my Rendu and Naim Unitiqute (version1) using both iPeng or Squeezeplayer as controllers. The UQ is in my office, the rendu the main rig upstairs into A Naim DAC V1.

I won't say it sounded any better or worse, just subtly different, slightly better in the highs, but also not quite as dynamic as just straight in via the Naim app. Considering the kludge it takes (well or at least takes to switch between set ups), I'll stick with Squeezelite and the rendu for upstairs, and let the Naim do its thing in the office. Also, I can't seem to figure out how to get iradio to work in LMS, and I like to listen mostly to the radio in the office.

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Update the unit and try it again.

I can confirm I got this to work with my Rendu and Naim Unitiqute (version1) using both iPeng or Squeezeplayer as controllers. The UQ is in my office, the rendu the main rig upstairs into A Naim DAC V1.

I won't say it sounded any better or worse, just subtly different, slightly better in the highs, but also not quite as dynamic as just straight in via the Naim app. Considering the kludge it takes (well or at least takes to switch between set ups), I'll stick with Squeezelite and the rendu for upstairs, and let the Naim do its thing in the office. Also, I can't seem to figure out how to get iradio to work in LMS, and I like to listen mostly to the radio in the office.

Thanks for your feedback.