IGNORED

Accuphase DC 37 USB port problem

Hi There;

i have a problem with my DC-37. Let me try to explain how the problem become.

i am using a mini Pc (fanless and ssd with LPS) for streaming music to DC-37. Last night i format the mini PC to install Daphile . During the format the USB cable is plugged to my DC-37 but it was power off. After format and install the new music server the USB port of the DC-37 is not working anymore. Even i try with 3 other computer , install the driver or even MAcbook cant see the DC-37. i think during the format some files from USB IC also is deleted. IS it possible to install the firmware or the install the USB firmware of the DC-37 again? Only USB is not working now. Coax or optic ports are working fine.

please waiting for your kind reply.

Thanks;

Caglar

Hi There;

i have a problem with my DC-37. Let me try to explain how the problem become.

i am using a mini Pc (fanless and ssd with LPS) for streaming music to DC-37. Last night i format the mini PC to install Daphile . During the format the USB cable is plugged to my DC-37 but it was power off. After format and install the new music server the USB port of the DC-37 is not working anymore. Even i try with 3 other computer , install the driver or even MAcbook cant see the DC-37. i think during the format some files from USB IC also is deleted. IS it possible to install the firmware or the install the USB firmware of the DC-37 again? Only USB is not working now. Coax or optic ports are working fine.

please waiting for your kind reply.

Thanks;

Caglar

Unlikely the USB is scrambled by software. Even if the DC-37 is off, the USB is still powered on. To destroy the USB chip, you need lots of volts to kill it, but during an OS install..... If three different computers can't see the DAC, you using the same cable? Try a really cheap printer cable.

Perhaps ask your dealer for a code that can reset the DC-37 to factory levels, other than that it will need a workshop repair to find out what really happened.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Unlikely the USB is scrambled by software. Even if the DC-37 is off, the USB is still powered on. To destroy the USB chip, you need lots of volts to kill it, but during an OS install..... If three different computers can't see the DAC, you using the same cable? Try a really cheap printer cable.

Perhaps ask your dealer for a code that can reset the DC-37 to factory levels, other than that it will need a workshop repair to find out what really happened.

Thanks for the One and half.. Actually I did try many usb cable and as you say a cheap one as well but didn't work..

Accuphase service is really not good. I am living in Hong Kong. And my dac bought from Japan so they are not helping me. I am sure they won't tell me how to make a factory reset as well. Seems like just for this small problem I need to ship the device to Japan for fix..

Thanks for the One and half.. Actually I did try many usb cable and as you say a cheap one as well but didn't work..

Accuphase service is really not good. I am living in Hong Kong. And my dac bought from Japan so they are not helping me. I am sure they won't tell me how to make a factory reset as well. Seems like just for this small problem I need to ship the device to Japan for fix..

It's true that any grey import such as this one, the local dealers won't help, other than to buy another product of course. I looked at the DP-720 manual, there's a procedure for replacing a main-board, which requires buttons on the SACD player to reset like STOP (among about 20 others in the sequence). Looks like a trip in a box to Japan for this one.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

It's true that any grey import such as this one, the local dealers won't help, other than to buy another product of course. I looked at the DP-720 manual, there's a procedure for replacing a main-board, which requires buttons on the SACD player to reset like STOP (among about 20 others in the sequence). Looks like a trip in a box to Japan for this one.

Yeah.. Stupid me.. I should remove the USB cable before the format.. One mistake and will cost me Japan trip :(

Thanks for replies..

• 5 years later...