IGNORED

Mapleshade Bedrock Speaker Stands

A violin is a musical instrument. Instruments are designed to make the beautiful sounds which we call music.

Hi fi gear is a reproduction equipment.

Such equipments are designed to reproduce recorded music.

Different goals, different needs.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

Hi witchdoctor certainly don't use anything that contains rubber or sorbothane between component and shelf or stand. These are some of the worst materials.

I still use blu-tac between speakers and stands. Between components and shelves I use cut up bamboo cutting board rectangles about 20 x 15 x 30mm stood on 15mm edge. The downside is the component can move especially a CD player(I have a white stone sitting on this to counteract this).

I use to use solid copper discs(25mm dia x 20mm thick) and aluminium which I made. I have tried brass cones and still use them under my granite to floor under my subs which are spiked to granite. Robert

Thanks robocop, I am using "isopads" that were specifically designed for this setup:

Unfinished 18 x 15 x 2 Vibration Control Kit for Electronics-shop.mapleshadestore.com

A violin is a musical instrument. Instruments are designed to make the beautiful sounds which we call music.

Hi fi gear is a reproduction equipment.

Such equipments are designed to reproduce recorded music.

Different goals, different needs.

not to mention different construction

"Isopads" were specifically designed to hold a furnace, not maple boards. They are available at your local HVAC supply house for about 50 cents each.

Thanks robocop, I am using "isopads" that were specifically designed for this setup:

Unfinished 18 x 15 x 2 Vibration Control Kit for Electronics-shop.mapleshadestore.com

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

"Isopads" were specifically designed to hold a furnace, not maple boards. They are available at your local HVAC supply house for about 50 cents each.

In either the original "natural" cork and rubber, or in a blue foam-and-rubber synthetic version.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Next time, for now I had an extra set and they work, however they were designed. Next time I order I'll save some $$ thanks

BTW, anyone using a PC for a front end I found using the mapleshade isolation system is an amazing upgrade. It made colors more vibrant and images more detailed on video, and for audio it sounds as if I upgraded to a much better DAC. I didn't expect this much improvement and am glad robocop reminded me to get my PC off the floor and isolated :).