IGNORED

Sonore DC-4 Cable

2 hours ago, Guidof said:

Jesus:

With the imminent shipping of the Uptone ISO REGEN, would you consider offering a high-quality Y (split) DC cable to use for powering both a microRendu and ISO REGEN from the same LPS-1 power supply?

I'm not sure if that is an optimal solution. You need Alex or John to chime in. 

On 4/24/2017 at 3:56 PM, vortecjr said:

I'm not sure if that is an optimal solution. You need Alex or John to chime in. 

Here is what Alex posted in reply to the question of powering microRendu and ISO REGEN from the same LPS-1:

"

rickca said:
Can a single LPS-1 power both a micro rendu and an ISO REGEN? What if the target USB input device uses 5v? I have two cases ... an iFi micro iDSD and a Berkeley Alpha USB.

Ask and you shall receive. :) Here is a photo of a single UltraCap LPS-1 powering both a Sonore microRendu and an ISO REGEN--and the ISO REGEN is in turn powering/charging the power-hungry 100% bus-powered iFi micro iDSD DAC/headphone amp. "

John has been somewhat more circumspect, saying in effect that it can be done but it "MAY" be best to use separate LPS-1s, though powering both devices from the same LPS-1 "MAY" sound just as good. He can't be sure about SQ because he hasn't tried these arrangements (and can't try them until he sets up his system again in the new house).

So, it seems the jury is out on this one . . . For now I'm planning on powering both devices from a single LPS-1, using an el-cheapo Y splitter cable from Amazon. But it would be nice if there was a better quality cable available (from you?).

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2017 at 9:01 AM, HumanMedia said:

Any plans on alternative version of the DC-4 with one end a 2.5mm end so I could connect a JS-2 power supply to the microRendu?

Please? :-)

Email my VP Adrian at [email protected] and he might be able to special order it for you. 

6 hours ago, Cool3r King said:

May I just ask, why is this $45 to ship to the UK? I would like one, but I can't believe it costs that much to ship a small piece of cable. Please inform me otherwise... I'm really not being funny.

No you can't...I'm being funny. House rules are that we ship DHL at a flat rate of 45 USD. No exceptions... I'm really not being funny. 

Thanks for the explanation. I'll give it some thought, but the mR plus LPS-1 is so good, that I'm not too worried. Hopefully I didn't get lost in translation over the pond... when I said I'm not being funny, I meant, I'm not being awkward or difficult. Language can get you in trouble, can't it?

1 minute ago, Cool3r King said:

Thanks for the explanation. I'll give it some thought, but the mR plus LPS-1 is so good, that I'm not too worried. Hopefully I didn't get lost in translation over the pond... when I said I'm not being funny, I meant, I'm not being awkward or difficult. Language can get you in trouble, can't it?

hey man i totally support you...i think $45 is a total ripoff for shipping a piece of cable.should be alternatives for lightweight items like this

1 hour ago, canali said:

hey man i totally support you...i think $45 is a total ripoff for shipping a piece of cable.should be alternatives for lightweight items like this

It is expensive. However, you will get the cable pretty quick and I will not get a angry customer who disputes the charge on PayPal.  

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a CI Audio 7v power supply, which I've been very pleased with to power my Microrendu 1.4.  I'm wondering if the DC4 cable would be beneficial?  And would it fit?  The CI Audio uses a 2.5mm connection as opposed to 2.1mm on the LPS-1.  Has anyone tried this combination?

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

23 hours ago, vortecjr said:

We had a customer purchase a $2 2.1mm to 2.5mm plug on Amazon and use this combo and he totally loves it.  However, the coaxial design cable that comes with the CI Audio 7 Vdc is really good as well.

Ok I can certainly try the $2 connector solution with the  CI Audio cable (which has a 2.5mm plug).  It’s a really thin cord so I’m a bit surprised that you seem to be suggesting it’s “really good” - which I’ll take to mean as good as the DC4.  Happy to save the money of course.  Thanks for your advice. 

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

2 minutes ago, OldBigEars said:

Ok I can certainly try the $2 connector solution with the  CI Audio cable (which has a 2.5mm plug).  It’s a really thin cord so I’m a bit surprised that you seem to be suggesting it’s “really good” - which I’ll take to mean as good as the DC4.  Happy to save the money of course.  Thanks for your advice. 

There is always a risk with these cheap adapters.  I had problems with an even cheaper one (two strips with 28 different adapters for £8 - yes, I know).  Even one that works is likely to take the edge off performance, so should only be seen as a temporary solution.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se