IGNORED

Sonore DC-4 Cable

Jesus,

Bought an essentials bundle earlier today is it possible to add an extra dc4 cable to this order? (order no. 1345)

You have to send an email reply to your order because that is not enough for me to identify you. Hurry because orders have already started shipping.

You have to send an email reply to your order because that is not enough for me to identify you. Hurry because orders have already started shipping.

All sorted, thankyou Andrew for you're fantastic customer service!! Above and beyond

customer server+AudiophileOptimizer >>UltraRendu (SR4) >> Lush(JSSG360) >>> IsoRegen(SR4) >>> Lush^2 >>> blu2 >>Blaxius^2D >> Dave > HD800(SDRmod)

Your welcome.

FYI We had some Sonore DC-4 cables left over from the sale and they are back in stock now.

I just ordered ordered one. I'm already extremely happy with the sound I'm getting from my one week old Microrendu with the iFi iPower and can't imagine how it will sound with UltraCap™ LPS-1 and DC-4 cable when they arrive. Thanks to the good folks at Sonore for their excellent products!

• 1 month later...
Any feedback on the performance of the DC-4 feeding the LPS-1 vs the stock cable would be welcome.

I lived with the LPS-1 stock power lead for a few weeks (feeding the mRendu) before getting the DC-4. For me, the DC-4 is overall a better cable, as it should be for the price and thicker gauge wiring. Through the mRendu, it produces a fuller more authoritative sound that among other things lends suitable weight to the striking of piano keys and a more natural tone to vocals. You might feel that the DC-4 loses some of the air and ambiance heard with the stock lead but I think a lot of that air and ambiance is a by-product of the stock lead's comparatively lean sound.

Is it worth the extra money? Best that you give it a go and return if you don't like (if you can do that). It's about 25% the price of the LPS-1 (at least it was for me importing into the UK), and I would say that it improves the LPS-1's performance by at least 25% compared to the improvement the LPS-1/stock brought compared to the basic smps I used with the mRendu to start with.

What is clear to me is that the LPS-1 needs a better power lead than stock if you are going to get the best out of it. The stock lead is too long at 28 inches. I'm happy with the shorter (9 inches) and thicker gauge DC-4, but will still keep my eyes open for something even better at a reasonable price.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

Any feedback on the performance of the DC-4 feeding the LPS-1 vs the stock cable would be welcome.

Hola,

I don't want to "cross post" as it seems that there are more "listening impressions" of the cable in LPS-1 section under the UPTONE forum.

I got mine on Saturday and the improvement was very significant as soon as the microRendu booted up. I posted previously that using the LPS-1 in conjunction with Linear Teradak 30w sounded "thinner," more detailed, with less bloomy midrange. Bass was more pronounced. Using the LPS-1 with the Teradak did sound "better" than the Teradak alone, it just was less cohesive due to a bit more pronounced bass, and more detail in the treble. After getting the Sonore DC4 cable in place, - the midrange "bloom" came back, the bass was less pronounced and more integrated into the overall mix/spectrum. All the detail was still there, but now, the bass was more integrated and everything sounds more even: the midrange instruments, especially those midrange drums, sound truer. I listened to Lila Downs, Dead Can Dance, Kevin Johanssen, Peace Orchestra, Peter Gabriel.

I am speculating the DC4 will also "run-in" over time, and I may do a comparison to the stock cable after a few weeks.

The other thing is that my speaker manufacturer more than recommends using Cardas wire in my system. After testing many other brands, - I've given up on trying other wire, - with the exception of SPDIF cable, - which I just can't afford to buy Cardas...

Cheers,

I've had the D.C.-4 connecting the LPS-1 to the microRendu for several days. My overall impression is that it lets the virtues of that combo shine through even more obviously and effortlessly: clarity, detail, spaciousness, refinement. Is the difference subtle? Yes and no: I was quite happy with the system's sound before DC-4, but now that I hear the D.C.-4 effect, I would definitely not go back. A tad expensive, but worth every penny in my setup.

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I lived with the LPS-1 stock power lead for a few weeks (feeding the mRendu) before getting the DC-4. For me, the DC-4 is overall a better cable, as it should be for the price and thicker gauge wiring. Through the mRendu, it produces a fuller more authoritative sound that among other things lends suitable weight to the striking of piano keys and a more natural tone to vocals. You might feel that the DC-4 loses some of the air and ambiance heard with the stock lead but I think a lot of that air and ambiance is a by-product of the stock lead's comparatively lean sound.

Is it worth the extra money? Best that you give it a go and return if you don't like (if you can do that). It's about 25% the price of the LPS-1 (at least it was for me importing into the UK), and I would say that it improves the LPS-1's performance by at least 25% compared to the improvement the LPS-1/stock brought compared to the basic smps I used with the mRendu to start with.

What is clear to me is that the LPS-1 needs a better power lead than stock if you are going to get the best out of it. The stock lead is too long at 28 inches. I'm happy with the shorter (9 inches) and thicker gauge DC-4, but will still keep my eyes open for something even better at a reasonable price.

was your test done double blind (and others as well, who've bought it?)

that is what i'd love to see to avoid the cable voodoo, placebo affects.

i'm not above supporting any company, jesus, for future endeavours...but I don't

want to pay $$$$ for a 'boutique cable' when it's actual sonic diffs only show it to be so so and thus $$ in price.

was your test done double blind (and others as well, who've bought it?)

that is what i'd love to see to avoid the cable voodoo, placebo affects.

i'm not above supporting any company, jesus, for future endeavours...but I don't

want to pay $$$$ for a 'boutique cable' when it's actual sonic diffs only show it to be so so and thus $$ in price.

No, I didn't do a double blind test. I'm not interested in spending significant money on upgrades that only bring a very slight improvement, and yes it was significant money for a dc cable. If the improvement is not very clear to me, so much so that a double blind test is not necessary, then I'm not interested. I stand by my personal view that, in my system, the DC-4 is a very clear improvement on the stock lead.

I will however detract the statement that the improvement was at least 25% better than the stock cable as I realise now (after the initial excitement of the improvement had warn off, and now with more experience of introducing upgrades to my system) that trying to quantify improvements like this is incredibly subjective and very probably system dependent.

Zenith SE > USPCB (5v off) > tX-USBultra 9V (SR4) > Sablon Reserva Elite USB > M Scaler > WAVE Stream bnc > DAVE > Prion4/Lazuli Reference > Utopia/LCD-4/HE1000se

No, I didn't do a double blind test. I'm not interested in spending significant money on upgrades that only bring a very slight improvement, and yes it was significant money for a dc cable. If the improvement is not very clear to me, so much so that a double blind test is not necessary, then I'm not interested. I stand by my personal view that, in my system, the DC-4 is a very clear improvement on the stock lead.

I will however detract the statement that the improvement was at least 25% better than the stock cable as I realise now (after the initial excitement of the improvement had warn off, and now with more experience of introducing upgrades to my system) that trying to quantify improvements like this is incredibly subjective and very probably system dependent.

thanks for your imput

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jesus:

With the imminent shipping of the Uptone ISO REGEN, would you consider offering a high-quality Y (split) DC cable to use for powering both a microRendu and ISO REGEN from the same LPS-1 power supply?

For my system details, please see my profile. Thank you.