IGNORED

My (very) mini review of the Singxer SU-1 DDC

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all.

I put some photos of version 2.0 if it is of interest. With respect to the 1.4 that I also have, there are no important differences at first sight, but if significant as the different frequency of the oscillators, change other components etc. Even the metal case has a lightning change, the IEC connector, etc.
The power source is the same or at least very similar at first glance.

The constant review of the equipment is appreciated. If you want some specific information, share it with me.

dxfq8i.jpg

jageq9.jpg

2cghnr5.jpg

Thank you very much for sharing them!

Can you make one more with focus on area between clocks and new 4 caps location. Take photo from the front side please.

Any sound difference?

I can see same VR and the same those horrible sounding capacitors unfortunate.

Aqua Acoustics La Voce + Gato Audio AMP-150 + Opera Callas speakers

Audio PC LPS+Neutrino clock+SoTm USBexp + Win10 + Fidelizer Pro

Could someone please help me identify this chip below:

C57 03Z marks not giving me any result in google. As it connects clock oscillators with Xinling chip I am only guessing it is some clock buffer?

Any popular equivalent from mouser or any shop?

su1_chip.jpg

21 hours ago, rafa said:

Could someone please help me identify this chip below:

C57 03Z marks not giving me any result in google. As it connects clock oscillators with Xinling chip I am only guessing it is some clock buffer?

Any popular equivalent from mouser or any shop?

su1_chip.jpg

If anybody ever need to replace this chip I've got info directly from Singxer.

It is SN74LVC2G157DCTR made by Texas instruments

On 9/26/2018 at 5:40 PM, Quasar said:

Hello all.

I put some photos of version 2.0 if it is of interest. With respect to the 1.4 that I also have, there are no important differences at first sight, but if significant as the different frequency of the oscillators, change other components etc. Even the metal case has a lightning change, the IEC connector, etc.
The power source is the same or at least very similar at first glance.

The constant review of the equipment is appreciated. If you want some specific information, share it with me.

dxfq8i.jpg

jageq9.jpg

2cghnr5.jpg

@elan120 @Energy Are the stock clocks 45/49 MHz on v2.0 better than 22/24 MHz on V1.x ?

p/s: with NDK clocks mod now I cannot stop loving my SU-1 ❤️

10 hours ago, Duy Le said:

@elan120 @Energy Are the stock clocks 45/49 MHz on v2.0 better than 22/24 MHz on V1.x ?

p/s: with NDK clocks mod now I cannot stop loving my SU-1 ❤️

I have not had the chance to check out the new v2.0 unit, since I have modified mine using SOtM sCLK-EX clocks in all 3 clocks locations, I will likely stay with this setup for a while until something significantly better comes along.

Very good to know you like NDK clocks...I enjoyed mine when I had them.

Hi, 

I've seen a few references being made to 'NDK' clocks as a potential upgrade but I can't seem to track down any posts that mention the exact product reference, can somebody help me out? 

I've just performed the regulator and cap upgrade and I'm really happy with the result so I'd like to turn my attention to the clocks. 

I see Crystek had a more recent 575X clock but not at the frequencies required for the SU-1.

Thanks in advance! 

Remove power from USB, it is probably the most important mod here. Even if you sacrifice galwanic isolation. SQ improvement is huge.

1 hour ago, rafa said:

Remove power from USB, it is probably the most important mod here. Even if you sacrifice galwanic isolation. SQ improvement is huge.

What the best way to do this?

The SU-1 is being fed by an iso regen which I gather cleans up the power going into the usb pretty well as it's powered by an LPS-1 but perhaps there's an even better way of doing this? 

Instead of trying to clean up dirty power, better is to provide best clean power directly.

Read this thread and you will find the answer.

Hello.

I just made the first test of operation with the changes discussed in the thread and with the set removed because it did not work initially and at the moment pleased with the result.
I feared a fault when constantly displaying unlock in the DAC, but fortunately I had only failed to connect the Enable to the wrong regulator and the oscillator did not work. ?

20181011_2305392.jpg

Increases 2mA of being in standby to play music electric consumption of the entire USB 5V section. The XMOS consumes 281mA at 1V playing music and 265mA at Standby.
Interestingly, going from 281mA to 265mA, it takes about 3 seconds and stays at about 275mA that time. I will look to put the 1A version of the LT3045. They heat up a bit.

Years ago, I was measuring
graphically the real temperature of a PC  processor,  and i could measure variations of several degrees in a matter of milliseconds according to the work of the processor, type of program, start, shutdown, etc. Each program generated a graph of temperatures in the specific time itself. A kind of own signature. With the Xmos something similar must happen.