IGNORED

My (very) mini review of the Singxer SU-1 DDC

23 minutes ago, tgb said:

Personnaly, I use a Corning 3.Optical cable between the PC & the SU-1 (with a W4SRecovery powered by LPS before the SU-1). This is really a good "drive" to link the PC & SU-1 over 10meters, however I need to power it with good LPS, and the way I power the Corning affects the SQ out of the SU-1. So, as you said, the feed of the SU-1 still remain an issue.

Nice idea from you to create a new threat about the upstream of the SU-1.

I'm pretty sure we can reach a high quality level using USB from computer to DDC. It's all about washing/washing/washing/cleaning the USB stream...

Rgds

PS : your English is good, very clear to me !

English is not my mother tongue cause I'm French :-)

I find an improvement from using the ISO REGEN or iGalvanic 3.0 before the Singxer SU-1. What you should be using is a USB regeneration device with galvanic isolation.

You should not be using an optical design cable as that increases jitter. This is why fiber optic is not used over Ethernet cables in regards to connecting to network audio adapters.

Anyways, I found a photo from awhile back when I started improving my transport with the iUSB, iLink, and iPurifier with a customized USB cable I made. Thought I'd share. :D If I recall, the Singxer SU-1 made more of an improvement than these three products combined.

DSC_2046.thumb.jpg.fee5a4c8c6278cd59bb37161187067ba.jpg

٩(●̮̃•)۶ Carbon (NET)  EtherRegen (NET)  Carbyne (USB)  Terminator-Plus (XLR)  β22 (XLR)  Diana TC (ง'-')ง

=  ︿  = 

Hi Energy, 

I use the W4SRecovery, it does the same like the ISORegen (I think). As last, it brings an improvement.

I don't agree with you : optical design is very cool !

It offers a "cut" of EMI from the PC thanks to USB>optical & optical>SB double conversion. BUT, the key point of the way you power that device (the better LPS the better the SQ).

But my setup is maybe not common & is out of this thread, because I need a 10m USB cable betweeen the computer side & the hifi side (where the SU-1 stands). There are other techno than the Corning available on the market to link 2 devices over 10m & more thru USB, like the StarTech USB thru RJ45, but more pricey & I haven't tried it. I wonder what is the best USB 10meters&+ link...

Rgds

2.1 basic stuff => 2 mains are Dynaudio Core59 + sub Dynaudio 18s

Actives / digital AES in / active correction on PC side

Passive daddy setup is dead

W4SRecovery reclocks and although it is an improvement, it does not offer galvanic isolation which can improve the sound further.

Optical Design is cool but in applied audio science especially in your area of usage, it is not optimal. Anything over 5M length is a struggle and personally I would stick to a regular USB cable that has isolated power/data and properly filtered. This is my subjective opinion, although on paper is it holds true. The improvements that you're hearing is mainly from the computer noise being cut out from the use of an optical connection but that doesn't mean that the jitter isn't affected. If you one day switch over to a full galvanic isolated solution, you will find that the non-optical route will sound better.

٩(●̮̃•)۶ Carbon (NET)  EtherRegen (NET)  Carbyne (USB)  Terminator-Plus (XLR)  β22 (XLR)  Diana TC (ง'-')ง

=  ︿  = 
28 minutes ago, Energy said:

If you one day switch over to a full galvanic isolated solution, you will find that the non-optical route will sound better.

Dear Energy, which one do you recommend ? :-)

Thanks in advance !

2.1 basic stuff => 2 mains are Dynaudio Core59 + sub Dynaudio 18s

Actives / digital AES in / active correction on PC side

Passive daddy setup is dead

1 hour ago, tgb said:

I'm pretty sure we can reach a high quality level using USB from computer to DDC. It's all about washing/washing/washing/cleaning the USB stream...

Rgds

Totally agree.

The Startech is very good, especially when playing a file through one of its ports, but the concrete model needed is quite expensive.
In my case it was worth it, but it is a very personal issue and also dependent on the rest of the equipment.

Greetings, too ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.
I will create a specific post, but as it has a direct relationship with the SU-1, I put some photos of the union between the SU-1 and an iFi micro 3.0 to mount them in the three metal boxes that I already mentioned.
The two are linked through a USPCB layered Uptone Audio adapter.
And both will be fastened to the floor of the box through the same SU-1. The aluminum parts are easy to machine from parts purchased in large DIY supermarkets.
You have to modify the capacitors slightly to be able to couple them.
I still have a lot to finish, the rest of the photos of the system, I'll be publishing in another post.

A greeting.

20180501_181234.thumb.jpg.6afcc45a97f0e6b0159e73253e277d28.jpg20180501_154605.thumb.jpg.025e45df991bdaec6f57cff41ff27b30.jpg20180501_161933.thumb.jpg.ceff713b008814257c23e6111f88bd80.jpg20180501_182912.thumb.jpg.e6bffef087672f75c50795769ea7f7f6.jpg20180501_181815.thumb.jpg.587b82d8640f4e1406ea70c506e5a6c9.jpg20180501_182947.thumb.jpg.59dec257a1b7b7f421087584703aa991.jpg20180501_183052.thumb.jpg.c5d1d8a233eddcde4911374c48fd3965.jpg20180501_183032.thumb.jpg.31043929b60c9ae7c853a27277dd2b6c.jpg

No R2R DAC's I know of that has a masterclock input as of yet, but I do know the Auralic Vega G2 has one.

=  ︿  = 
21 minutes ago, Energy said:

No R2R DAC's I know of that has a masterclock input as of yet, but I do know the Auralic Vega G2 has one.

Thanks, I thought you were referring to an actual existing DAC ... I guess after Munich we will be seeing some new DAC's with I2S and master clock options, it just makes sense for the product to evolve that way, 

It will take awhile. DAC's are only starting to form fit I²S as of lately. Hopefully I can afford having a masterclock by the time that they do. 9_9

=  ︿  = 

Just wondering if anyone has tried this connector from Ghentaudio That I'm looking to purchase. . https://www.ghentaudio.com/part/dc99.html

Also I want to upgrade the cables running from a couple of Zerozone lps which I am using. They use a 5.5/2.1 jack on one end but a 2 pin type plug on the other. Does anyone know what this 2 pin plug is? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ZEROZONE-HIFI-130W-Ultra-Low-Noise-DC-Linear-Power-Supply-2-Way-LPS-65W-65W/32767844733.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.S3gwaw

I'm thinking it may be either of these.https://www.ghentaudio.com/part/dc21.html

https://www.ghentaudio.com/part/dc22.html

12 minutes ago, Lazz said:

Just wondering if anyone has tried this connector from Ghentaudio That I'm looking to purchase. . https://www.ghentaudio.com/part/dc99.html

No experience with this adapter plate, but should work just fine.

13 minutes ago, Lazz said:

Also I want to upgrade the cables running from a couple of Zerozone lps which I am using. They use a 5.5/2.1 jack on one end but a 2 pin type plug on the other. Does anyone know what this 2 pin plug is? https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ZEROZONE-HIFI-130W-Ultra-Low-Noise-DC-Linear-Power-Supply-2-Way-LPS-65W-65W/32767844733.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.S3gwaw

The connector type normally is GX16-2, and I purchased mine from eBay to make the cable, and here is one example:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-PCS-Aviation-Plug-GX16-2-Male-Female-Panel-Metal-Connector-16mm-2-PIN-/183025638455?hash=item2a9d2d9c37

15 minutes ago, Lazz said:

As mentioned earlier, normally they came with GX16-2 connectors, which the second link is the one to use.  If you plan to order these cables, you might want to ask them the cost to apply JSSG.

For those who are looking for the newest driver and firmware.

https://download.shenzhenaudio.com/Singxer/

I lost the v2.20 & v2.22 firmware from my computer's backup and had to search endlessly for this! You'll need the latest one to play DSD512.

=  ︿  = 
On 5/15/2018 at 2:59 AM, dreamsat said:

Happy to see (read) you happy! :) 

SU-1 is great device with even bigger potential...

Aqua Acoustics La Voce + Gato Audio AMP-150 + Opera Callas speakers

Audio PC LPS+Neutrino clock+SoTm USBexp + Win10 + Fidelizer Pro

Some really impressive discussion over on the forum, don't know why i didn't sign up sooner.  I'm currently looking for a USB bridge of some sort for my NOS11, I've been using it connected directly to the 'audio grade' USB port on my motherboard. gigabyte calls in their 'dac up' port i think.  I've considered it to be pretty silent as far as USB ports good,  So i'm really looking for a clocking upgrade for my aging dac.

of course SU-1 is on the top of my list.  not trying to really mod it at all, but the external psu is well within my ability.  what are peoples thoughts on the newest kitsune tune SU-1, with 957 clocks.  I tried searching this thread for 957 and the only post was by Superdad speculating that the current production 575 clocks might out-preform the 957 line.  The Kitsune unit is nearly double the base prices, you could almost get a decent LPS with the base model instead.  I'm thinking the main board mods will make it worth it for me, but I'd like to hear what you people think.

3 hours ago, luisma said:

Agreed the LPS1.2 is a special piece of equipment SQ wise

Same thing can be said for using the LPS 1.2 with a Matrix X-SPDIF2. It’s amazing how much the soundstage opened up with the Matrix with the LPS1.2.

Metrum Onyx DAC, Matrix X-SPDIF2 DDC, Snake River Boomslang Digital cable, Verastarr Nemesis USB cable;

Backert Rhumba 1.2 Preamp; Coincident M300B Frankenstein mkII SET monoblocks

Omega Super Alnico HO Monitors (Cherry finish) / Martin Logan Depth i Subwoofer

Macbook Pro (mid-2012, 2.3GHz i7, 16Gb RAM, 512Gb SSD), HQPlayer, Tidal, Roon;

Cabling by Cerious Tech (Graphene SC, Blue PCs), Verastarr (IC and PC) and Teo Audio (GC IC)

I've got several pieces being shipped to me now:

• Denafrips Terminator DAC (several I2S inputs),
  • Singxer SU-1,
  • ISO Regen
  • LPS 1.2
  • ghentaudio power cable kit

I already have a iPower 9v and a PS Audio I2s HDMI cable.

From what I've gathered by reading through this thread, the best use of my resources would be to power the ISO Regen with the iPower 9v and the power the SU-1 with the LPS 1.2.  Correct?

I've never done any soldering and don't want to start with this gear. ?

Thanks,

Keith

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

17 minutes ago, k6davis said:

I've got several pieces being shipped to me now:

• Denafrips Terminator DAC (several I2S inputs),
  • Singxer SU-1,
  • ISO Regen
  • LPS 1.2
  • ghentaudio power cable kit

I already have a iPower 9v and a PS Audio I2s HDMI cable.

From what I've gathered by reading through this thread, the best use of my resources would be to power the ISO Regen with the iPower 9v and the power the SU-1 with the LPS 1.2.  Correct?

I've never done any soldering and don't want to start with this gear. ?

Thanks,

Keith

You don't need the ISO REGEN with the Terminator...my ISO REGEN is been disconnected for two months now...deciding what to do, keep it for a future or sell it  ??

Please share your findings on this...maybe  you can hear something different but i believe some with Terminator agree 

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26

19 minutes ago, mikicasellas said:

You don't need the ISO REGEN with the Terminator...my ISO REGEN is been disconnected for two months now...deciding what to do, keep it for a future or sell it  ??

Please share your findings on this...maybe  you can hear something different but i believe some with Terminator agree 

Thanks for replying. Are you talking about connecting the ISO Regen to USB port of the Terminator? I'm talking about connect the ISO Regen to the USB port of the Singxer SU-1.

I don't have the gear yet, it's all being shipped now. So I'll have to comment later as to it's effectiveness. 

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

2 minutes ago, k6davis said:

Thanks for replying. Are you talking about connecting the ISO Regen to USB port of the Terminator? I'm talking about connect the ISO Regen to the USB port of the Singxer SU-1.

I don't have the gear yet, it's all being shipped now. So I'll have to comment later as to it's effectiveness. 

Yes i was referring to connecting ISO REGEN direct to Terminator,

Let us know the outcome of putting the ISO REGEN with the Singxer makes a difference

Regards!!

ER + PH DR7T - TAIKO Server + PH DR7T ( HQPOs + ROON ) JCAT XE USB - Lampizator Baltic 4 - D-Athena preamp - K- EX-M7 amp - PMC Twenty5 26