IGNORED

New Amarra 4

On 7/3/2018 at 7:28 AM, Arawana said:

I have been having issues playing Tidal with the latest 4.2.427-184  in 2 different Macs.

Songs just keep loading forever and there is no sound at all.

Then the app seems to hang...... and it becomes non responsive.

I emailed Amarra yesterday. Still waiting.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I had the same problem. I reinstall the previous version and the problem was there again! WTF!

the problem was that my Tidal subscription was expired! ?

• 3 weeks later...

I have a license from Audirvana. With as much positive criticism of the SQ as the trial version of Amarra. It has lasted on my Macbook Air 3 days, I have not supported it anymore. I did a test with 30 disks loaded on an SD card so it would not spoil my library. With only 30 discs already has errors. I have uninstalled it for these reasons:

1. Errors in the library, messy songs, unrecognized discs

2. The Remote does not work, connect when you want. Many times it does not connect and it is unusable

3. Aspect of the 80s, unfit for these times (if you compare the remote with JRemote ...)

4. Slow, unstable, has been hung in such a short space of time

5. At this point you can not disassociate from Itunes? I do not have iTunes installed but a library of only 30 discs has found me errors

As for the SQ I do not see that the sea is superior to Audirvana, I do not see the difference that is so much discussed at least in my system

Conclusion: I will not invest in a failed system, I prefer to buy a JRiver license 24

hi everyone

i m not in oersted in this forum anymore,but sometimes i monitor it.

stil there to dog around a shitty software? what a pity and shame!!

yes Kugel keep tight your Audirvana+ as it is fantastic! but everybody believe me......: if you don't want to b e in anguish anymore buy yourself a good file reader such as cocktail audio X40, X50  , X52(the best) ,or any other good hardware based player,..... and..... you will be happy forever because they will play in a  fantastic sound all your songs!!withou stressing or bothering you

ciaociao folks....i am an happy listener to music now

6 hours ago, ddalmas said:

hi everyone

i m not in oersted in this forum anymore,but sometimes i monitor it.

stil there to dog around a shitty software? what a pity and shame!!

yes Kugel keep tight your Audirvana+ as it is fantastic! but everybody believe me......: if you don't want to b e in anguish anymore buy yourself a good file reader such as cocktail audio X40, X50  , X52(the best) ,or any other good hardware based player,..... and..... you will be happy forever because they will play in a  fantastic sound all your songs!!withou stressing or bothering you

ciaociao folks....i am an happy listener to music now

Right now I feel that Audirvana is light years away from Amarra, both in control of the library, in stability, in remote control and ... also in sound!

Fortunately everyone chooses his way

The next step is an Aurender, Lumin, Innuos .... I will seek the Audio Cocktail

Hi Kugel

i say that Aurender is the best choice  but very expensive !  cocktail X50d is a great , great solution indeed!! Practically it has no its own sound because it leaves the duty to make the sound to your preferred and preowned  DAC so you will have exactly the sound of your beloved DAC to give life to your music!!! a very good choice that of Cocktail audio to do the X50D...all the other models they have a native DAC that is not worth to have to just bypass it!

go that direction man and you will be happy and without any ridiculous problem to bother you as i am now 2000€ are not so many for my music library!! 

ciaociao to you and all the other folks in this forum

imho no lumin nor innuos

I am Spanish and in advance I apologize for my possible bad English. In my opinion, A4L is wonderful. There are some details to improve such as the ipad remote control, direct reading of SACD-iso, dff, DSD to Dop...I find the use that most people make of the EQ shocking: give amplitude between 100hz and 300hz, see only 4 filters, ...In my living room, after giving professional acoustic treatment (ebutech 3276) it is advisable to give some subtractive equalization to certain frequencies and preferably only those below 300 hz should be played. The EQ of A4L is a jewel at the price of a joke. I have been able to compare it with my analog EQ prism sound mea2 (maselec) and for this use, the EQ A4L is better.
Aurender, innuos,? why? I would only buy this type of product (whose price is a tease) if I was allergic to digital or computer equipment.
Wonderful Amarra Luxe and waiting for those improvements.

i am very happy for you ,Merging ,fir you are happy!Personally i do not have any allergy in my life if not to events who cause stress ....! and A4 was one of those events....nothing worked properly on A4 ,library was a shame, it does not see the albums and so on........i don' t belong to the fan club of Eq fanatics as i well know the traps of eq's in common use ,so i never used A4's Eq that ,maybe, could be very good amongst the many negative side3s of A4 .Now i am the happy user of a great ,teased price ,gear that simply does what i ask to him an nothing more and above all it does it well! Good luck to you with your software and enjoy of it alap

15 hours ago, merging said:

Soy español y de antemano me disculpo por mi posible mal inglés. En mi opinión, A4L es maravilloso. Hay algunos detalles para mejorar, como el control remoto ipad, lectura directa de SACD-iso, dff, DSD a DOP ... Me parece que el uso que la mayoría de las personas hace del EQ impactante: dar amplitud entre 100hz y 300hz, solo ver 4 filtros, ... En mi sala de estar, después de dar un tratamiento acústico profesional (ebutech 3276), es recomendable dar una ecualización sustractiva a ciertas frecuencias y, preferiblemente, solo se deben reproducir aquellas debajo de 300 hz. El ecualizador de A4L es una joya por el precio de una broma. Pude compararlo con mi sonido de prisma EQ analógico mea2 (maselec) y para este uso, el EQ A4L es mejor.
Aurender, innuosos ,? ¿por qué? Solo compraría este tipo de producto (cuyo precio es una burla) si fuera alérgico al equipo digital o informático.
Maravilloso Amarra Luxe y esperando esas mejoras.

I'm not being critical with the use of software with Mac in my case, I've been using it with Audirvana for 4 years (Macbook Air + Uptone + Ayre qB9 DSD). I decided to try Amarra after the numerous favorable reviews about his SQ but, in my opinion, it does not make sense how many errors the software has.
Having to load playlists and similar things that I've read seems to me very unserious. Just as I bought the Audirvana license I would buy the one from Amarra if it worked with stability and had a useful remote application

I have no allergy to the computer, Aurender, Innuos, etc are PCs dedicated to play audio but they are PC in essence.

I also do not use EQ, I think the audio signal better the more direct. I also do not use upsampling (I think the Ayre QB9 DSD works better as well)

As for talking about the SQ of a software, does it make sense? Does a software have to have SQ? Should not I just manage the library and send it to the DAC?

I would only ask the Amarra developers to make their program more attractive, stable and reliable

Excuse my bad English

Hello Kugel.

What you explain about A4L and its operating errors is true. I have always had you audirvana and its latest version, but it is fair to recognize in the now that it is possibly the best reproduction software. I talked about the EQ because some partner criticized it, when it is of extreme quality. You can check machines like the one I described -prism sound mea2-. The ideal acoustic situation is one in which you do not have to use EQ. Equally the acoustic one is the most important element face to obtain the best sound and after an acoustic treatment, sometimes, in the frequency domain it is necessary to introduce some adjustment (1 or 2 filters preferably and below 300 hz). For this purpose, the EQ of A4L is a wonderful pluging, besides having the possibility of irc (dirac). I insist, currently A4L makes a difference on the rest (which are also very good); if you also introduce these improvements ... Sonic Studio reads us, jejje

My only issue with A4L is the pop / noise between tracks. While the pop is annoying enough it also causes the EQ to switch itself off. 

I have found that disabling upsampling stops the pops from happening, not sure why that should be the case. I would like to have upsampling on but thats just doesnt seem possible unless I am prepared to put up with the issues above.

Any suggestions for a solution would be appreciated.

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

1 hour ago, Raym87 said:

My only issue with A4L is the pop / noise between tracks. While the pop is annoying enough it also causes the EQ to switch itself off. 

I have found that disabling upsampling stops the pops from happening, not sure why that should be the case. I would like to have upsampling on but thats just doesnt seem possible unless I am prepared to put up with the issues above.

Any suggestions for a solution would be appreciated.

I do not intend this sarcastically, but for me, literally the best solution was to get Roon and HQPlayer, and I haven’t looked back for 7 months now. Once one of the most diehard Amarra supporters on this thread, I haven’t launched it in months and both my life and audiophile experience are now enhanced. 

1 hour ago, DancingSea said:

I do not intend this sarcastically, but for me, literally the best solution was to get Roon and HQPlayer, and I haven’t looked back for 7 months now. Once one of the most diehard Amarra supporters on this thread, I haven’t launched it in months and both my life and audiophile experience are now enhanced. 

I'm looking, but initial investigation seems to show that my computing hardware isnt really up to the job. This would require significant investment which isnt an option for now

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

16 minutes ago, Raym87 said:

I'm looking, but initial investigation seems to show that my computing hardware isnt really up to the job. This would require significant investment which isnt an option for now

It depends. I have a 2013 MacBook Pro, which is no power house. It handles most pcm upsampling to 352K, and DSD to 128 without issue. 

Yes, to get the most out of HQPlayer, it would take more juice.  But it sounds amazing at more modest levels as well. 

I’ve yet to download and try the new 16M version. 

6 hours ago, ghostdog said:

upgrade for amarra today

return of mode browser !

Annddddd..... Also a note in the update notification email that there will be no support for older versions in the up and coming OSX update

On 9/1/2018 at 4:11 PM, ghostdog said:

upgrade for amarra today

return of mode browser !

Thanks for that. I just downloaded it and set it going. It sounds as good as ever.

It's a shame that they don't send out the upgrade notices to all existing customers, nor have they fixed the way it makes iTunes (in iTunes mode at least) half quit and stops the music.?? 

I like the iTunes mode as it updates the play statistics and saves a lot of hassling--but at the expense of having to re-start it frequently.

I really wish they had a half-decent Mac programmer. It's been a long time since I programmed Macs but I never had the sort of issues that plague A4L. I wonder if they realise how many sales they lose because it's not reliable.

On 9/1/2018 at 6:57 PM, Raym87 said:

Annddddd..... Also a note in the update notification email that there will be no support for older versions in the up and coming OSX update

Alas !!  Problem with the iRC still persists. :-((.      No intention of foxing it ?        Dropping the iRC feature ?

Macbook pro 15\" 2.53ghz core 2 duo with Amarra, 1 TB storage, 6 GB memory -> USB locus-design nucleus cable -> EA overdrive DAC -> -> modded parasound JC1 monoblocks -> cadence ARCA loudspeakers + REL studio III

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to this forum; just found it trying to find solutions or workarounds for the many issues I have with Amarra 4 Luxe. I bought the software a little over 2 weeks ago, and still haven't been able to get it to work properly in my system (Headless Mac mini running High Sierra, DAC is a NAD M51). I created a support ticket over 7 days ago and haven't heard from Sonic Studio since, so I'm now reverting to online forums hoping that some other enthusiasts may have the same bugs and potential workarounds (other than going back to Roon, which is what I was using before).

Here's a summary of the main issues I have:

- Amarra Luxe hanging/crashing almost on a daily basis

- Amarra remote losing information about the output devices (music plays on my iPhone instead of through the sound system)

- Artists and Albums are empty in Amarra Luxe after I reconnect using the remote, until I restart Amarra Luxe on the Mac mini 

- Music usually won't play unless I restart Amarra Luxe, which usually requires to "Force quit" the application (I press the play button and nothing happens)

- Sound sometimes gets choppy/dropping upon playback, again requiring to restart Amarra Luxe.

I tried reinstalling Amarra Luxe three times and clearing all settings, to no avail. At 135$ CAD, I find the experience pretty frustrating and really wished I had found this forum prior to purchasing the license.

Anyhow, thanks in advance for any input!

9 minutes ago, Lio_B said:

why have left Roon ? Most users find Roon more complete and user-friendly.
I own Amarra 4 Luxe, remote issues are numerous
Empty album & artist at launch is a known issue.
I changed to Roon with HQPlayer, no more worries.
I think that many readers will take care of killing Amarra, I will not go so far
good luck anyway

Thanks for replying. I've been using Roon for 4 years prior to switching to Amarra (or trying to I should say). I left Roon only due to the subscription price, which is above 165$ CAN per year with currency exchange. I found it was a little steep and was curious to try a different tool and see how it compared with Roon. I wasn't expecting it would be that frustrating honestly. I'll probably just go back to Roon and forget this Amarra experiment. Roon is orders of magnitude better in terms of stability, user interface, and customer support -- at least this has been my experience.

Cheers!