IGNORED

Official RMAF 2016 Thread

I just landed in Denver and plan to walk over to the venue shortly. I look forward to seeing members of the CA Community and reading about their experiences in this thread.

The thread is also for any RMAF 2016 related topics, whether or not the person commenting is at the show. No discrimination here :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I just landed in Denver and plan to walk over to the venue shortly. I look forward to seeing members of the CA Community and reading about their experiences in this thread.

The thread is also for any RMAF 2016 related topics, whether or not the person commenting is at the show. No discrimination here :~)

Hey no problem Chris. Enjoy while I fight my way through a Cat 4 hurricane! Obviously NOT at the show. Look forward to your reports assuming I have internet access or for that matter a home

Paging Professor @wgscott

The WA Quantum-Cubed Room Animator:

"The WA Quantum-Cubed Room Animator is a quantum-treated crystal glass device which releases sub-molecular energy pulses to the surrounding air in the listening room creating a clearer, more dynamic, more natural sound with improved low level detail through faster direct acoustic velocity, optimized reverberation and optimized acoustic reflection. Introductory retail only $299."

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

After the news of Elac buying Audio Alchemy, I would be interested to know if AA is announcing any new product or evolution of the current line, with particular reference to the DDP-1 Dac/Pre/Headphone Amp.

Thanks

That's a surprise!! Where did you see the announcement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[br]QNAP+ -> Allo DigiOne Signature -> RequisiteAudio D3rs ->  McIntosh C52 -> McIntosh MC-275 MK VI -> Harbeth 30.1's via Roon

Hey no problem Chris. Enjoy while I fight my way through a Cat 4 hurricane! Obviously NOT at the show. Look forward to your reports assuming I have internet access or for that matter a home

Be safe, Howie.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

"The WA Quantum-Cubed Room Animator is a quantum-treated crystal glass device which releases sub-molecular energy pulses to the surrounding air in the listening room creating a clearer, more dynamic, more natural sound with improved low level detail through faster direct acoustic velocity, optimized reverberation and optimized acoustic reflection. Introductory retail only $299."

Changing the speed of sound (just for low level details), only $299!

:D

(It is conceivable that what they are fulminating about here is simply that the speed of sound in glass is indeed much faster than in air - https://www.nde-ed.org/EducationResources/HighSchool/Sound/speedinmaterials.htm. Water too - perhaps we all ought to have aquariums between us and our speakers. Headphones might be a problem, but there could be a solution along "Frenchy" Fuqua lines: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fuqua#cite_ref-2 .)

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

I'm not a professor, but it doesn't take one to recognise that sentence utter nonsense. It's nothing but a bunch of sciency-sounding words strung together without meaning.

I would be interested to know if there are any new windows or web browser based software players that support DSD under $300.

Two things:

1. Your piggy bank must have about $300 in it, because that's the number you've been talking about a lot lately. Only joking but I couldn't resist :~)

2. I have a meeting with Roon this evening. Any message you'd like me to pass along?

2. I have a meeting with Roon this evening. Any message you'd like me to pass along?

And people think you don't have hidden depths! ;)

Chris, I know the answer is nothing is pending with Roon and Melco, but would you ask if that's got any potential in the next year? We all understand that Roon runs on RAAT (Im not a computer guy, but I think that's what they run on) and Melco runs on something else and may not have the power to run Roon fully, but many of us care about SQ and ease over anything else. Thanks so much.

Two things:

1. Your piggy bank must have about $300 in it, because that's the number you've been talking about a lot lately. Only joking but I couldn't resist :~)

RMAF press release from MQA LTD.

T +44(0)1480 445678

F +44(0)1480 445686

E [email protected]

http://www.mqa.co.uk

MQA Limited

Latham Road, Huntingdon

Cambridgeshire PE29 6YE

United Kingdom

Registration No. 09123512

PRESS RELEASE

Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2016 confirms MQA momentum

with wide range of MQA-ready partners and licensed music

Denver, CO, 7 October 2016: RMAF, the Denver-based audio show held on 7-9 October, marks the largest-ever public showcase of MQA-ready products, supported by hundreds of MQA albums available to download.

In addition to demonstrations from MQA-enabled products already on the market, showgoers can also witness further MQA-ready unveilings, including the Bluesound launch of the world’s first MQA-ready soundbar. The PULSE SOUNDBAR joins Bluesound’s family of MQA-ready wireless Pulse speakers and Node players, enabling wireless hi-resolution music streaming to any room in the home.

New MQA partners at RMAF 2016 include MSB with the launch of its first MQA-ready product, the Select DAC. Cary Audio will launch its first MQA-ready product, the DMS-500 and Aurender will showcase its new A10 music server. Bel Canto will be introducing MQA in its ACI600 integrated amplifier over the coming months.

For those looking to incorporate MQA into their home audio system, an MQA-ready DAC offers the ideal partnership, and RMAF plays host to a number of outstanding examples. MSB will take the wraps off its MQA-ready DAC, the Select, showcasing it in a loudspeaker-fronted demo. Mytek will offer headphone demos of its Manhattan II and Brooklyn products. The final production version of Brinkmann’s Nyquist makes its US debut in Denver, while Meridian Audio will be part of a speaker-led demo with its new Ultra DAC.

The Pioneer XDP-100 and Onkyo DP-X1 models are superb examples of the ‘mobile’ potential of MQA, and both feature at this year’s RMAF. The portable digital audio players are both MQA-ready, meaning there is no need to limit hi-resolution audio to home listening.

MQA Founder & CTO, Bob Stuart, commented, “It’s been an extremely busy 12 months for the MQA team since last year’s show, and with the support of our partners we’ve made huge progress. As a result, we’ve seen a steady stream of MQA-ready products released in to the market, and hundreds of MQA albums are now available from music stores across the US, Japan and Europe.”

RMAF 2016 is MQA’s first public show since it recruited respected music industry executive Mike Jbara as CEO. Mike and the MQA team, including company founder and CTO Bob Stuart, continue to expand the company’s reach in the music industry, both in hardware and software partnerships. Following on from the signing of the long-term licensing deal with Warner Music Group, the MQA team is currently encoding thousands of hi-res titles in MQA, as well as working with Warner on roll-out plans.

MQA music fans can already choose from more than 250 MQA albums from renowned labels, such as ECM, RME Premium Recordings, Sono Luminus, UNAMAS and 2L. Recordings are available on music download stores across Europe, Japan and the US, including 2L, 7digital, e-onkyo music, Kripton HQM, Onkyo Music and HIGHRESAUDIO.

In further music industry recognition of MQA’s status, this year also saw the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) include MQA as an approved technology for delivering hi-res music on streaming services.

The MQA team and partners will be located in rooms 8015 and 8017. To arrange a meeting simply get in touch by email using the below noted contacts.

-Ends-

EMBARGO: Friday 7 October 2016

Meet the MQA team and partners at the press presentation, on Friday 7 October, 11am to 12pm. Join the team for the chance to experience MQA and speak to many of our delivery partners and supporters.

In addition to the MQA rooms, you can also experience MQA partner demonstrations in the following locations:

Aurender – room 8010 & 8014

Bel Canto – room 7025

Bluesound & NAD - room 8021

Pioneer & Onkyo - can jam area

Mytek - lobby area

Meridian Audio are also partnering with Constellation Audio and demonstrating the Ultra DAC in 8032

MQA Press Contacts (UK):​​​​

[email protected]

[email protected]

Press site for MQA:

URL: http://www.mqa.co.uk/press

Username: MQA

Password: MQA2016

About MQA

Using pioneering scientific research into how people hear, the MQA team has created a technology that captures the full magic of an original studio performance. MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) is a revolutionary end-to-end technology that delivers master quality audio in a file that’s small enough to stream or download. MQA is also backward compatible, so you can play MQA music on any device – the days of sacrificing quality for convenience are finally over. MQA is a UK-based private company.

For more information visit http://www.mqa.co.uk

Follow MQA on: Facebook Twitter You Tube

I'm excited to hear how the room with Vandersteen 5CTs and I believe it's the Nyqvist DAC by Brinkman sounds. Thanks for that update.

RMAF press release from MQA LTD.

T +44(0)1480 445678

F +44(0)1480 445686

E [email protected]

www.mqa.co.uk

MQA Limited

Latham Road, Huntingdon

Cambridgeshire PE29 6YE

United Kingdom

Registration No. 09123512

PRESS RELEASE

Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2016 confirms MQA momentum

with wide range of MQA-ready partners and licensed music

Denver, CO, 7 October 2016: RMAF, the Denver-based audio show held on 7-9 October, marks the largest-ever public showcase of MQA-ready products, supported by hundreds of MQA albums available to download.

In addition to demonstrations from MQA-enabled products already on the market, showgoers can also witness further MQA-ready unveilings, including the Bluesound launch of the world’s first MQA-ready soundbar. The PULSE SOUNDBAR joins Bluesound’s family of MQA-ready wireless Pulse speakers and Node players, enabling wireless hi-resolution music streaming to any room in the home.

New MQA partners at RMAF 2016 include MSB with the launch of its first MQA-ready product, the Select DAC. Cary Audio will launch its first MQA-ready product, the DMS-500 and Aurender will showcase its new A10 music server. Bel Canto will be introducing MQA in its ACI600 integrated amplifier over the coming months.

For those looking to incorporate MQA into their home audio system, an MQA-ready DAC offers the ideal partnership, and RMAF plays host to a number of outstanding examples. MSB will take the wraps off its MQA-ready DAC, the Select, showcasing it in a loudspeaker-fronted demo. Mytek will offer headphone demos of its Manhattan II and Brooklyn products. The final production version of Brinkmann’s Nyquist makes its US debut in Denver, while Meridian Audio will be part of a speaker-led demo with its new Ultra DAC.

The Pioneer XDP-100 and Onkyo DP-X1 models are superb examples of the ‘mobile’ potential of MQA, and both feature at this year’s RMAF. The portable digital audio players are both MQA-ready, meaning there is no need to limit hi-resolution audio to home listening.

MQA Founder & CTO, Bob Stuart, commented, “It’s been an extremely busy 12 months for the MQA team since last year’s show, and with the support of our partners we’ve made huge progress. As a result, we’ve seen a steady stream of MQA-ready products released in to the market, and hundreds of MQA albums are now available from music stores across the US, Japan and Europe.”

RMAF 2016 is MQA’s first public show since it recruited respected music industry executive Mike Jbara as CEO. Mike and the MQA team, including company founder and CTO Bob Stuart, continue to expand the company’s reach in the music industry, both in hardware and software partnerships. Following on from the signing of the long-term licensing deal with Warner Music Group, the MQA team is currently encoding thousands of hi-res titles in MQA, as well as working with Warner on roll-out plans.

MQA music fans can already choose from more than 250 MQA albums from renowned labels, such as ECM, RME Premium Recordings, Sono Luminus, UNAMAS and 2L. Recordings are available on music download stores across Europe, Japan and the US, including 2L, 7digital, e-onkyo music, Kripton HQM, Onkyo Music and HIGHRESAUDIO.

In further music industry recognition of MQA’s status, this year also saw the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) include MQA as an approved technology for delivering hi-res music on streaming services.

The MQA team and partners will be located in rooms 8015 and 8017. To arrange a meeting simply get in touch by email using the below noted contacts.

-Ends-

EMBARGO: Friday 7 October 2016

Meet the MQA team and partners at the press presentation, on Friday 7 October, 11am to 12pm. Join the team for the chance to experience MQA and speak to many of our delivery partners and supporters.

In addition to the MQA rooms, you can also experience MQA partner demonstrations in the following locations:

Aurender – room 8010 & 8014

Bel Canto – room 7025

Bluesound & NAD - room 8021

Pioneer & Onkyo - can jam area

Mytek - lobby area

Meridian Audio are also partnering with Constellation Audio and demonstrating the Ultra DAC in 8032

MQA Press Contacts (UK):​​​​

[email protected]

[email protected]

Press site for MQA:

URL: www.mqa.co.uk/press

Username: MQA

Password: MQA2016

About MQA

Using pioneering scientific research into how people hear, the MQA team has created a technology that captures the full magic of an original studio performance. MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) is a revolutionary end-to-end technology that delivers master quality audio in a file that’s small enough to stream or download. MQA is also backward compatible, so you can play MQA music on any device – the days of sacrificing quality for convenience are finally over. MQA is a UK-based private company.

For more information visit www.mqa.co.uk

Follow MQA on: Facebook Twitter You Tube