IGNORED

Amazing Music of the World.

Not sure of the interest in something like this but here is a video of street musicians in India.

They usually sing devotional songs that are passed on in an oral tradition.

The song they are singing is an Abhang, a devotional poetry form in the Marathi language.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

B946785E-76BB-4BA3-BA60-F8E95E9D767A.thumb.png.0eed1ad6dfea84ad99b6b37cd288beea.png

I was standing somewhere here ( Google image) and heard the music appearing somewhere around the right center. The sound was with amazing clarity but I couldn’t  locate where it was originating. The brown building’s marble wall reflected the sound and created and incredible soundscape which made localization hard.  The sound was natural when heard from this location despite i know it must be amplified. I was curious to see the speaker used and recorded the sound from the opposite side. 

Listen carefully to the actual recorded from the front view and the side. I couldn’t record the sound from the first location which I consider the best place to hear the performance. The reflected sound from the building created an unique sonic that was captivating. 

I am am not very sure of the instruments but I believe this is a gambus and kompang of Malay instruments. Although, it did not look like a kompang to me. I will ask my Malays friend to get more info about this. 

2 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

Very beautiful indeed. Just like Carolan's Harp by Andrew Lawrence King.

Would love to see some more interesting Celtic folk music recommendations - I'm not an expert here but I can recommend Jordi Savall performing this kind of music (also with A.L.King)

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, elcorso said:

Extraordinary, thanks !

I'm waiting from the June 2018 Montreal Jazz Festival comes a recording from this people ?  I found one track on Qobuz, but Zakir Hussain wasn't with the group.

Aziza_feat_Dave_Holland_Chris_Potter_Lionel_Loueke.thumb.jpg.961ac33209b40412bcb9bf7d86b5d902.jpg

Best,

Roch

If you guys ever see an album download of the group with Hussain, let us know. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

On 9/4/2018 at 7:57 AM, Nikhil said:

Junun - Shye Ben Tzur, Jonny Greenwood And The Rajasthan Express

There are songs on this album that are beyond description. Just amazing.

Junun.thumb.jpg.db5dd4c85dc8488542d31a1dd0521cd9.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Junun_(album)

A very interesting qawwali fusion album. Thanks for this! The Rajasthan Express brass section reminds every now and then of Goran Bregovic music (!)

The begining of Shye Ben Tzur's 'Heeyam' album :