IGNORED

New Dynaudio Xeo 3s and break-in.

I was sad to see my Audience 42s sell recently...I had them for 10 years! But they've been replaced with pair of Xeo 3s, purchased from a Dyn dealer as a demo set. He said that they haven't been played much at all, basically they're new, so they should be broken in.

I imagine that the break in affects the amps and the drivers, right? On the drivers, what is a good general rule? I've heard 40 hours of low-moderate volume listening, and after that it's safer to play deep bass and louder volumes. And there is mention the the break-in process can go to about 400 hours. True?

What are your experiences with your Xeo 3s?

I was sad to see my Audience 42s sell recently...I had them for 10 years! But they've been replaced with pair of Xeo 3s, purchased from a Dyn dealer as a demo set. He said that they haven't been played much at all, basically they're new, so they should be broken in.

I imagine that the break in affects the amps and the drivers, right? On the drivers, what is a good general rule? I've heard 40 hours of low-moderate volume listening, and after that it's safer to play deep bass and louder volumes. And there is mention the the break-in process can go to about 400 hours. True?

Use the speakers however you normally would. You won't hurt them just because they're not broken in. If you want to speed the process up, play white or pink noise at a moderate volume. That way you get the full range of frequencies 100% of the time. With music, you don't. So it takes longer.

Tekton speakers take around a day to break in according to the company, I found my JBl 230's kept getting better up to around 100 hours. I turned on the radio when I left the house for work and just left it on all day.

Please post a review after they are broken in, have fun.