IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

On 4/29/2017 at 7:29 AM, vortecjr said:

In the UK and EU for that matter it might be best to purchase from http://www.vortexbox.co.uk/Sonore_microRendu_V25_-_In_stock/p317978_8336953.aspx I don't see the link, but can email him. 

@macmarty -- only a few posts back at the bottom of the previous page is your answer -- see above.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

I'm late to the party. But from what I gather, first batch of 2.5 is sold out, orders are open for next batch. But I can't seem to find the link on the Sonore site. Let me guess, email Jesus?

Speaker Rig: Roon > microRendu + HDPlex 100W > Yggdrasil > iTube > Sansui Au-555a > Dali Royal Menuet II 

Vinyl Rig: Sansui SR-2050C > Sansui Au-555a > Dali Royal Menuet II

Home Rig: Roon > microRendu > iPurifier 2 > Yggdrasil > iCAN SE > HD800S (LPS: HDPlex 100W)

Office Rig: Roon > mac mini > iDSD BL > HD800S / Viso HP50 / Marshall Major II

I could not find the link anywhere on the Sonore website either. Ended up finding it on the Small Green Computer site, which was not intuitive, and many people will not know this. Meant to mention this yesterday as it was very frustrating.

Has anyone got their 2.5 microSD card yet?  I ordered immediately after getting the email and I still don't have it.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

3 hours ago, rickca said:

Has anyone got their 2.5 microSD card yet?  I ordered immediately after getting the email and I still don't have it.

No - I kind of expected some sort of notification when it was mailed :/ but nothing yet.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

10 hours ago, jhwalker said:

No - I kind of expected some sort of notification when it was mailed :/ but nothing yet.

I ordered mine from Audiostore UK (vortexbox UK ) and today they sent an email that my order has been dispatched.

No tracking info or choice of courier. But still its on the way. Looking forward to it. A few weeks later hopefully my ISO REGEN  will arrive too. 

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

Apple and oranges.  Elberoth, read Chris's review on the SOtm sMS-200,  he doesn't seem to find them equivalent.

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

3 hours ago, d_elm said:

Elberoth, please sell your microRendus and stop whining in this forum. PITA.

+1

I think this is just outright trolling now. 

Of course, it could also be an exercise in reverse psychology - such massively over the top negativity has almost certainly put anyone else off from feeling any minor irritation at reaching between the couch cushions for $20.

8 hours ago, Strojo said:

I received my 2.5 SD card yesterday and installed it per the instructions.  My MR doesn't boot--no network lights come up.  If I put the old card in, it works fine and boots as normal.

Jesus--Please advise.

Did you get any help- is it sorted now?

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

Just now, Strojo said:

Yes...bad card.  Jesus is sending a new one.

Hmm bad luck - hopefully I will receive a good one- fingers crossed

On 5/4/2017 at 5:00 PM, rickca said:

Yes, I received it today and installed it per the instructions and it booted right up.  2.5 has completely fixed the problems I was having with playing music upsampled to DSD512 on my IFI Black Label.  Sound quality using the HQplayer NAA mode is excellent.  

Also tried it with Roon Ready.  Sound quality is good, but not like that with HQplayer NAA.  Also, I noticed that Roon DSD upsampling is still capped at DSD256 with the Microrendu.  This is certainly partly responsible for the difference in sound quality I'm experiencing between Roon and HQplayer. Hopefully Roon will fix this soon and allow us to upsample to DSD512 like with the ASIO driver direct from Roon.

Robert

Software: Roon/HQplayer; System I: Roon Server/HQplayer DSD 512 Upsampling, Custom Windows 10 PC/AO, LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; Holo Cyan DAC; VPI Scout 2 Turntable, Soundsmith Boheme, TTW Clamps and Carbon Matt; Cary SLP-98P Preamp; Van Alstine FET 600 Poweramp;  Aerial Acoustics 6T loudspeakers, SVS SB13 Ultra Subwoofers. System II: Custom PC with Signalyst Linux HQplayer NAA; LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; IFI Micro iDSD Black Label; Primaluna Dialogue 2 with Tung Sol KT-150; Paradigm Studio 20 v3 monitors on Custom Mapleshade stands. Cables: Moon Audio, LUSH, Kimber Kable, Mapleshade, LARRY custom.

13 hours ago, zorntel said:

Yes, I received it today and installed it per the instructions and it booted right up.  2.5 has completely fixed the problems I was having with playing music upsampled to DSD512 on my IFI Black Label.  Sound quality using the HQplayer NAA mode is excellent.  

Thanks for the report, Robert.  Still no 2.5 microSD for me even though I ordered it on 4/25.  I've sent a note to Andrew.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

13 minutes ago, rickca said:

Thanks for the report, Robert.  Still no 2.5 microSD for me even though I ordered it on 4/25.  I've sent a note to Andrew.

What is stopping someone uploading the file to the net so everyone can have it for free instantly? Previous updated where over the net for free with no waiting.... 

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

Just now, bunno77 said:

What is stopping someone uploading the file to the net so everyone can have it for free?

Do you really have to ask?  Because it would be piracy.

1 minute ago, rickca said:

Do you really have to ask?  Because it would be piracy.

It would also be a continuation of a previously provided service. One that was apparently promised for the life of the product(correct me if I'm wrong) 

The cost isn't really an issue no doubt, it's more of a principle and impatience of modern society. 

Peach Audio Iso Transformer, Linn Akurate DSM, McIntosh MA2275 

Paradigm 30th Anniversary Tributes, SVS SB13 Ultra x2, Dynaudio BM5A MKII

1 minute ago, bunno77 said:

It would also be a continuation of a previously provided service. One that was apparently promised for the life of the product(correct me if I'm wrong) 

The cost isn't really an issue no doubt, it's more of a principle and impatience of modern society. 

It would be illegal and unethical.

If you don't like a company's practices, complain, and worst case, vote with your wallet and spend your money elsewhere.

What you shouldn't do is break the law.