IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

Is it possible to adjust L/R speaker volumes in Sonicorbiter OS?

I'm limited to a fixed speaker placement in our living room and the right speaker is dominating the sound stage. It's 2-3 dB higher than the left one. The soundstage shifts to the right significantly so much so that I stopped using Microrendu altogether.

Unfortunately JRiver player does not allow using DSP settings under DLNA/uPnP.

10 hours ago, macuniverse said:

Is it possible to adjust L/R speaker volumes in Sonicorbiter OS?

I'm limited to a fixed speaker placement in our living room and the right speaker is dominating the sound stage. It's 2-3 dB higher than the left one. The soundstage shifts to the right significantly so much so that I stopped using Microrendu altogether.

Unfortunately JRiver player does not allow using DSP settings under DLNA/uPnP.

Unfortunately, no.

I have an utlraRendu  that was working fine and suddenly would not play music but the GUI showed it was on my network but it just appeared stalled.  So after some troubleshooting on the GUI I found out my Bel Canto  DAC has disappeared off sonicOrbiter DAC diagnostics apps area.  I’ve tried turning the deck on and off, tried unplugging the USB cable to see if it finds the deck  and have rebooted and turned off the utlraRendu.  I have also tried hitting the refresh on the DAC diagnostics and I cannot seem to  get the UltraRendu to find my  DAc any help would be appreciated. 

TP-LInk 1200 WiFi router>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Synergistic Research Switch>Transparent Audio ethernet cable>Innuos Pulsar> Sablon EVO USB cable>Innuos Phoenix>Sablon EVO USB cable>T+A DAC 2000 >Enleum AMP-23r>Audience SX speaker cables>Raidho X1t or HiFiMan HE-1000se headphones. Synergistic Research Atmosphere Excite powers cords>Puritan Audio 156 pwr conditioner.

2 hours ago, Vangelis said:

I have an utlraRendu  that was working fine and suddenly would not play music but the GUI showed it was on my network but it just appeared stalled.  So after some troubleshooting on the GUI I found out my Bel Canto  DAC has disappeared off sonicOrbiter DAC diagnostics apps area.  I’ve tried turning the deck on and off, tried unplugging the USB cable to see if it finds the deck  and have rebooted and turned off the utlraRendu.  I have also tried hitting the refresh on the DAC diagnostics and I cannot seem to  get the UltraRendu to find my  DAc any help would be appreciated. 

Please update the unit and wait for the Back to Main Menu link. Then power cycle the DAC and the unit in that order.

I noticed a strange issue since 2.7 where the system crashes and on restarting, confirming the DAC connection I have to then unselect the output (squeezelite in this case) in my app switcher then reselect it and bingo ... happy sounds! Just in case it helps. 

• 3 weeks later...

In the last couple months Spotify Connect on SonicOrbiter has a problem. The 'player/controller' is not allowed to establish a play queue and start playing unless the device is set to "This Phone" (android) or "This Computer" (Windows 10). Once the queue is established, I can change the device to the "localhost.localdomain" (mRendu) and play there. It will then play any selections in that queue as desired, but I can't browse to other music and start a new queue while connected to the Sonicorbiter device (mRendu 2.7). 

This problem does not happen if:

the Android controller is connected to and controlling Spotify on a windows laptop.

Windows 10 is the controller and playing Spotify on the Android device.

In those cases I can browse and change play queues as desired.

I assume the problem was with some change that Spotify made, but it has caused SonicOrbiter to be a real pain when playing Spotify. I've resaved the Spotify Settings in the mRendu, which reconfigured and restarted Spotify Connect. Now it shows as "micro-00CA1C" instead of "localhost.localdomain"... but the problem persists. I've also rebooted, to no effect.

12 minutes ago, brucew said:

In the last couple months Spotify Connect on SonicOrbiter has a problem. The 'player/controller' is not allowed to establish a play queue and start playing unless the device is set to "This Phone" (android) or "This Computer" (Windows 10). Once the queue is established, I can change the device to the "localhost.localdomain" (mRendu) and play there. It will then play any selections in that queue as desired, but I can't browse to other music and start a new queue while connected to the Sonicorbiter device (mRendu 2.7). 

This problem does not happen if:

the Android controller is connected to and controlling Spotify on a windows laptop.

Windows 10 is the controller and playing Spotify on the Android device.

In those cases I can browse and change play queues as desired.

I assume the problem was with some change that Spotify made, but it has caused SonicOrbiter to be a real pain when playing Spotify. I've resaved the Spotify Settings in the mRendu, which reconfigured and restarted Spotify Connect. Now it shows as "micro-00CA1C" instead of "localhost.localdomain"... but the problem persists. I've also rebooted, to no effect.

I'm surprised you have it working at all because reports I have are that it's not working. Support for this feature has been sporadic and this is the reason we have it labeled beta. There are some updates available in the projects repository, but unfortunately the developer has changed the build environment and this means we first need to update the version of Linux we run in order to update the library that make this feature work. There is a pending version change of the Linux we use and we are waiting for that change to take place before updating to it.  This will keep us current and not behind a release and allow us to update this feature to see if the issues have been fixed. There is ton of work to be done before we can release all this so I don't have an ETA.   

OK, I was stupid enough to do this upgrade and now nothing will find my ultrarendu. The Sonictransporter is fine and my other Roon endpoints show up on my iPhone and iPad, but I have rebooted time and again, updated the Roon app on the rendu, re-signed into app switch, rebooted my computer, restarted the roon software, tried everything I can think of, but my headphone system is totally inaccessible. Why didn't I just get another aurender...

Desktop: SonicTranporter i7, Ubiquiti switch, optical, OpticalRendu, Musician Pegasus, Linear Tube MicroZOTL 3, ZMF Verite Open

Main: SonicTransporter i7, Uniquiti switch, optical, EtherRegen, Lumin U1, Bricasti M3, Naim 252/250, DeVore Gibbon Nines

59 minutes ago, johnwilk said:

OK, I was stupid enough to do this upgrade and now nothing will find my ultrarendu. The Sonictransporter is fine and my other Roon endpoints show up on my iPhone and iPad, but I have rebooted time and again, updated the Roon app on the rendu, re-signed into app switch, rebooted my computer, restarted the roon software, tried everything I can think of, but my headphone system is totally inaccessible. Why didn't I just get another aurender...

You were smart to update. Just go to Settings / RoonReady and press Save. Then go to App / DAC Diagnostics and make sure your DAC is listed.

No, did this, doesn't work. The DAC which had been listed and is connected has gone, refreshing just tells me there's no DAC connected.

Desktop: SonicTranporter i7, Ubiquiti switch, optical, OpticalRendu, Musician Pegasus, Linear Tube MicroZOTL 3, ZMF Verite Open

Main: SonicTransporter i7, Uniquiti switch, optical, EtherRegen, Lumin U1, Bricasti M3, Naim 252/250, DeVore Gibbon Nines

OK, cycled the DAC a few times and now it shows. Thanks!

Apologies for the exasperated post. Now sounding very good.

This is the recommended troubleshooting steps:

The Rendu needs to sees your DAC before it will show up in Roon. To verify if the Rendu sees yours DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove and reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling the DAC followed by power cycling the Rendu and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics.  

Apology if this has been covered before - I use my mRendu as a Roon endpoint and also for Spotify Connect. Now I switch between Roon and Spotify from time to time so my question is whether both can be enabled at the same time? Right now it seems that I have to use mRendu's web interface to manually switch it which is quite inconvenient. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, _JL_ said:

Apology if this has been covered before - I use my mRendu as a Roon endpoint and also for Spotify Connect. Now I switch between Roon and Spotify from time to time so my question is whether both can be enabled at the same time? Right now it seems that I have to use mRendu's web interface to manually switch it which is quite inconvenient. Thanks.

You can't have them on a the same time. 

2 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

You can't have them on a the same time. 

That's a bummer. Is there any plan to enable this as this is the only problem I have with it. I have a DietPi endpoint that can do both simultaneously so presumably this is something that can be implemented at the software level?

3 hours ago, _JL_ said:

That's a bummer. Is there any plan to enable this as this is the only problem I have with it. I have a DietPi endpoint that can do both simultaneously so presumably this is something that can be implemented at the software level?

What is your control device?

Why not run Chrome on your control device, leave the sonicorbiter browser page open and switch that way?

But I get your point. Since my PSAudio DAC came with a BridgeII I use that strictly for Spotify Connect and leave my uR for MPD/DLNA or Shareport/Airplay.

"The function of music is to release us from the tyranny of conscious thought", Sir Thomas Beecham. 

15 hours ago, rodrigaj said:

What is your control device?

Why not run Chrome on your control device, leave the sonicorbiter browser page open and switch that way?

I use an iPad but it's about convenient - that's why we do all this to begin with IMO.

8 hours ago, vortecjr said:

We like to keep two Apps from accessing the audio hardware at the same time to avoid any conflicts.  

I can respect that.

It is quite often that I listen to an album in my Roon lib and then want to explore more albums of the same genre or musician I'll go to Spotify, and then back and forth. I know Roon supports Tidal and Qobuz, and I did try both but they don't offer the breath of catalog Spotify offers so the latter is still indispensable to me. Once I found something I like I'll eventually purchase it and rip it to my lib.

In that case would it be possible to add an option for those of us who prefer to have more than one apps running simultaneously? Or just Roon and Spotify?  For me audio device conflict is not an issue as I stop one player before starting another. Even if it can happen and I have to use the browser to reset it, it is still way more convenient than having to do the switching every time I need to listen via another player.

Thanks for considering this. Much appreciated.

1 hour ago, _JL_ said:

In that case would it be possible to add an option for those of us who prefer to have more than one apps running simultaneously? Or just Roon and Spotify?  For me audio device conflict is not an issue as I stop one player before starting another. Even if it can happen and I have to use the browser to reset it, it is still way more convenient than having to do the switching every time I need to listen via another player.

Maybe what you want is an App whose script goes into SonicOrbiter, accesses the mR and switches to Spotify, then starts Spotify... and another one that does the same sort of thing for Roon.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a microJukebox and an ultraRendu--both running 2.7.  I updated the firmware to the most current version about two days ago.  This afternoon, the ultraRendu suddenly disappeared from the “Network Player” section of the sonicorbiter web interface.  My microJukebox is still there.  Strangely, the ultraRendu still appears as a device on my home network, and Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite still see it just fine.  No problem playing music.

I’ve tried all of the usual things several times---removed power, ethernet and USB, removed the SD card and reinserted and each time the unit comes back up, appears on my network, can play music, but does not show up on sonicorbiter.  It seems as though the problem may be with the webserver on the ultraRendu???

Let me know what you recommend I try…