IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

4 hours ago, Patatorz said:

Hello same from me here. Just received the card, moved through the instruction but nothing starts (no ethernet lights blanking)...if i put back the card of the 2.3, it works perfectly !!!

Any idea ?

As Jesus said:

On 5/16/2017 at 8:09 PM, vortecjr said:

It's a know issue on some units. Just email us.

On 5/22/2017 at 4:47 PM, thyname said:

You managed to have the 2.5 working? How?

No still no love from 2.5. I was told to just hang tight, they are working on a fix for this problem.

*Edit. I see they have the fix and new cards should be on the way. Yeah!

ReadyNAS Ultra/6 stored flac->GigE network->roon->Uptone JS-2->microRendu->W4S Recovery->W4S DAC-2v2 SE>W4S STP-SE STG2 Preamp->W4S ST-1000 Amplifer->Von Schweikert VR-44

Was something related to SQ changed in the last update or is it just me and/or my gear? I updated my mR the other day and left it at that (running v2.5). Now when I listen again my setup sound quite different... To the extent that I feel the need to explore other HQP filter combinations. Weird...

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

This is a question for JR:

Is it possible for SO 2.5 to support ASIO as an output mode from ROON RAAT on my microRendu?

I ask because the ROON RAAT installation on my Win 10 PC which feeds my desktop system will output via ASIO to my BelCanto uLink and it sounds better than the WASAPI Exclusive mode which is the other option that is available for this private zone.

The BelCanto driver is installed on the PC and must have the ASIO ability as part of the driver. I do not know if Linux which is what SO 2.5 is based on even has support for ASIO or not.

I have another uLink in my main system so this would be a welcome option.

Thanks,

Bob

BTW: SO 2.5 is great and an improvement over 2.3. Thanks for your and your team's hard work on this.

2 hours ago, bobflood said:

This is a question for JR:

Is it possible for SO 2.5 to support ASIO as an output mode from ROON RAAT on my microRendu?

I ask because the ROON RAAT installation on my Win 10 PC which feeds my desktop system will output via ASIO to my BelCanto uLink and it sounds better than the WASAPI Exclusive mode which is the other option that is available for this private zone.

The BelCanto driver is installed on the PC and must have the ASIO ability as part of the driver. I do not know if Linux which is what SO 2.5 is based on even has support for ASIO or not.

I have another uLink in my main system so this would be a welcome option.

Thanks,

Bob

BTW: SO 2.5 is great and an improvement over 2.3. Thanks for your and your team's hard work on this.

ASIO and WASAPI are for local playback on Windows. Linux uses ALSA and no need to load drivers on Windows or Mac to stream to our devices. 

14 hours ago, seaharp1 said:

Has anybody received the new card yet?

Not got mine yet but am on the other side of the country so hopefully it's coming.

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

In 2.5, it appears that the rate switching delay function in Squeezelite settings does not work.  I typically have this set to 700 ms, but after inputting the value, and saving the change (w/accompanying squeezelite restart), the field is empty and it would appear--from the sound of it---that the delay is not functioning.  

Can anybody else confirm and, if so, can Jesus, et al, please put this on your list to fix?

Thx.

On 6/8/2017 at 7:36 PM, vortecjr said:

Micheal Lavorgna posted some nice words about the Sonicorbiter 2.5 update over on AudioStream:

https://www.audiostream.com/content/sonicorbiter-25-making-microrendu-better

Good to see!  Someone commented they'd like to see a "qobuz connect" option on urendu.  You referred them to kazoo.  

The qobuz app is now so much better than kazoo or lumin that it deserves the best interface with urendu you could offer.  Shareport works with a latency and sounds good, but is there a way that a dnla connection or similar could be developed between the qobuz app and sonicorbiter (as you have with Spotify connect)?

Thank you all your efforts. The uRendu sounds so great in my system.