IGNORED

Roon Remote app and editing tags

asdf1000

Also on the Roon Remote app. The app has exactly the same function of the desktop version

NICE. My tagging is in dire need of repair. Being able to do it from the remote app, rather only on a PC is great for lazy people like me that don't want to get up off the couch lol.

Sent from my Blackberry DTEK50 using Tapatalk

Hi all, just wondering if someone can help me.

Can you edit the tags of album names (for example) via the Roon Remote app, on an iPhone or iPad, for example?

Or can tag editing only be done on the PC/Mac software?

Cheers!

To do full fledged editing of the tags you still need a tagging program. The app gives you limited ability to edit the tags.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

To do full fledged editing of the tags you still need a tagging program. The app gives you limited ability to edit the tags.

Thanks mate. I see you're over on StereoNet too!

Just for the sake of anyone else that might be interested, I'll also add that I just wanted to edit album tags, to differentiate between different versions of the same album I may have, like an iTunes version, a CD rip version and HDTracks version.

So if that's easy enough in the Roon Remote app, that's awesome. So very minor tag editing.