Hans review in the end said that with both powered by the S-booster, the SMS-200 was "a tad" better.

It may also be true that which one is better depends on the PS. Not for sure that every PS will effect both devices equally.

In most places the SMS-200 will be less expensive, so that is definitely in its favor.

Very true. Interesting that he mentions Sonore are already working on the microrendu sequel but that's for a separate thread. Good on SOtm for helping to move this category further forward. Not good for my bank account though! :-(

Sent from my Blackberry DTEK50 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Signing in... very hot potential buyer of the sMS-200. I am trying to understand more technical details on how this unit works so that I can make the right decisions on how to integrate it in my system.

NUC10i7 Roon ROCK > EtherREGEN > Lumin U1 Mini > Chord DAVE > Focal Utopia 

I just want to say thanks to May and the SOtM team for their first class customer service.

I made a recent SOtM purchase and even though there was a very small minor issue with the product, it was sorted out in the first class way we all hope for with any purchase.

A very happy SOtM customer here. Highly recommended and I'm looking forward to my next SOtM purchase ! :-)

Thank you very much :) keep in touch!

• 4 years later...

The sMS-200 is Linux based, I believe that Ayre has updated their firmware for full compatibility. For assurance you could ask them. 

The sMS-200 Neo with linear power supply upgrade is extremely capable. I've used it with a Korg DS-DAC-10R, Audiolab 8200CD and Benchmark DAC3 and never felt it a compromise. IME, clean USB power and a high end clock will benefit any DAC.

Main System: QNAP TS-451+ NAS > Silent Angel Bonn N8 > Sonore opticalModule Deluxe v2 > Corning SMF with Finisar FTLF1318P3BTL SFPs > Uptone EtherREGEN > exaSound PlayPoint and e32 Mk-II DAC > Meitner MTR-101 Plus monoblocks > Bamberg S5-MTM sealed standmount speakers. 

Crown XLi 1500 powering  AV123 Rocket UFW10 stereo subwoofers

Upgraded power on all switches, renderer and DAC.