Greetings,

My name is May and I’m working for SOtM as a marketing manager. It’s so pleasure to introduce myself here officially and great chance to announce the sMS-200 availability through this chance.

Some may already have known our sMS-200 but some may not know about this brilliant mini network player, so here I briefly introduce what sMs-200 is,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28837[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]28838[/ATTACH]

It features

- Excellent modern design.

- Use the separated audio power board.

- Use the exclusive large audio condenser.

- Use the exclusive audio components to reach forward to analog sound.

- Use the heat sinks for the stable operation and anti-noise.

- Use the high standard noise reduction circuit which has been qualified by SOtM’s tX-USBexp, SATA filter and others.

- Use the high standard active noise filter and UKJC which has been qualified by SOtM’s tX-USBexp, sDP-1000EX and others.

- Use the High-End audio grade USB port.

- Use the 2 x standard USB ports for USB storage device.

The pictures below prove how sMS-200 is valuable. And the new features are planning to be also updated step by step.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28839[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]28840[/ATTACH]

And there will be the same series of products coming up, the USB audio signal re-generator called tX-USBUltra will be the next up which has the upgraded "sCLK clock" board installed and the audio grade power supply will be following up soon. All these combinations will bring you the most satisfaction.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28842[/ATTACH]

This is the certificate of Richard Beers Innovation Award, the award honors “those who contribute to the growth of our industry and encourage innovation every year”.

Please check more details including specification on our website, click here. and also you can purchase sMS-200 through our website. Click ‘Buy sMS-200’ button and it will lead you to SOtM shop to purchase sMS-200.

Every user who purchases a sMS-200 would get a 2 months free trial Roon license and we can offer a 1 year Roon license at the very special price if you request.

Lastly, we are preparing the event for our valuable customers who are currently using our sMS-100.The event will be arranged by this simple way, but this is not fully confirmed yet, I will need to discuss more details in next few days and get back to you shortly..

Step 1. Return your sMS-100 to us.

Step 2. Buy sMS-200 in US$350.

Thank you for taking your time to see what sMS-200 is and how valuable it is. I may need to update few more information after this weekend. In the meantime if you have any question regarding sMS-200 or our products, please feel free to leave a message or question.

Thank you very much.

Warmly, May

Do not allow cheap products. Don’t be blinded by well-advertised products. But enjoy your music life with the valuable audio products made by SOtM.

Giving SMS 100 owners an upgrade path is a welcome move.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Hello and thanks for providing all this info. I am planning on buying the SMS-200. I was wondering if the power supply you mention is specifically made for it, if it has similar cosmetics and if the two will be available in a bundle package.

Sent from my eSTAR BEAUTY HD Quad core using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Hello, tedwoods,

Thank you for your request. The new power supply is the similar costmetics with sMS-200 and and I think we can make the two(if you mean sMS-200 and the new power supply) in a special bundle package :)

Thank you very much!

Best regards, May

I'm sorry that I couldn't upload the image files in the original thread, so I downsized each image files and I'm trying to upload them in the reply..

These are the images about sMS-200 front and rear sides,

sMS-200_Rear.jpg

these are the images about sMS-200 internal sides.

sMS-200_PWB(PW).jpg

this is the image about the latest Eunhasu gui(V0.1.9)

Updated Eunhasu Music Player.png

and this is the image about the certification of Richard Beers Innovation Award.

sMS-200_Award.jpg

Thank you and hope it will work in this time~, let's see.

-----------------------------------

Oh, thank you! seems it finally uploaded successfully... ..I'm going to upload more information shortly. in the meantime if you have any question or request, please message or email me directly.

Thank you!

Best regards, May

V0.1.9.jpg

sMS-200_PWB(Main).jpg

sMS-200_Front.jpg

Just want to let folks know that I finally got the sMS-200 in my system. Very nice build, and so far sounds fantastic. Been going for about 2 hours and my system has never sounded this good. The customer service and courtesy provided by May is very authentic compared to other companies. Am I ready to sell my uRendu? Not just yet. I want to put more hours on this and get comfortable with it before I decide. I may just put the uRendu in my HT in the meantime and see how it holds up there. Anyway, since there are very few actual comments regarding the sound of the SoTm 200, I thought others might benefit from knowing that IMO. it is at the very least, just as good, and I have very high praise for the Rendu.

Just want to let folks know that I finally got the sMS-200 in my system. Very nice build, and so far sounds fantastic. Been going for about 2 hours and my system has never sounded this good. The customer service and courtesy provided by May is very authentic compared to other companies. Am I ready to sell my uRendu? Not just yet. I want to put more hours on this and get comfortable with it before I decide. I may just put the uRendu in my HT in the meantime and see how it holds up there. Anyway, since there are very few actual comments regarding the sound of the SoTm 200, I thought others might benefit from knowing that IMO. it is at the very least, just as good, and I have very high praise for the Rendu.

Your feedback will be very much helpful for others who want to hear more about sMS-200 :) Please simply email me if you need further assistance or any question.

Thank you very much.

Best regards May

Glad to see this thread.

I am really enjoying my SMS-200. To me, it sounds great. For example, I was listening to a Bowie song and one of the musical instruments revealed itself to be castanets instead of I-don-'t-know-what I thought they were before.

Oh yeh, actually that kind of impression was what I really would like to share with other guys, for example when I first used the iSO-CAT6 in my system at that time, I was SO surprised since I could hear totally new music.. still it was the same music file and the same system, I could hear much detailed and big backgroud, which was so impressed.. I'm very glad to hear you could experience the same :) Really happy to share the such impression with you and thank you !

Best regards, MAy

For reasons I needed/wanted to replace the power supply that came with the SMS-200. So I got a pair of no-name LPS from ebay since I also needed one for my W4S uLink.

Using just the one on the SMS-200 seemed to improve things a tiny bit but it could easily have been nothing. A very slightly less strident presentation.

Adding the LPS to the uLink exposed some additional detail in the music. Very rewarding purchases.

Given the above, I do see the SMS-200 a very worthwhile addition to my system.

For reasons I needed/wanted to replace the power supply that came with the SMS-200. So I got a pair of no-name LPS from ebay since I also needed one for my W4S uLink.

Using just the one on the SMS-200 seemed to improve things a tiny bit but it could easily have been nothing. A very slightly less strident presentation.

Adding the LPS to the uLink exposed some additional detail in the music. Very rewarding purchases.

Given the above, I do see the SMS-200 a very worthwhile addition to my system.

Thank you for the update and such feedback is the one everyone is looking forward to hearing.. and I'm sorry that I didn't put the correct type of power supply at that time.

What if you can add some accessories such as iSO-CAT6 in your network audio system? I bet it will bring another surprise.

Finally, I came back with the event for whom owns our sMS-100 currently. Thank you for waiting for this event and all your patience, I'm going to copy this and make the new post shortly.

Before I officially proceed this event, I would like to share the reason why we prepared this event, it is simple but is going to be very meaningful for ourselves and our customers as well since we would love to give a full of joy for all our valuable customers and it will be also a great chance to upgrade the current system to the higher level of sound system for sure.

V0.1.9.jpg

Here is how to join this event,

Step 1. Return your sMS-100 to us by any shipping service. There are special shipping instructions required,

• Please pack sMS-100 very tightly and safely, so that sMS-100 can’t be damaged while shipping.
  • Please put sMS-100's value as under US$70 on the shipping bill if it is necessarily required, otherwise it will take longer to clear customs in Korea or we may need to ask the extra charge to clear customs.
  • Shipping address :

Attn : May Park, SOtM

Address 1 : 202(Ssangyong Dong), 84-9, Wolbong 4ro, Seobuk gu,

City : Cheonan si,

Province : Chungnam,

Postal code : 31171

Tel : +82-41-576-7663

Step 2. Please email me or send me a private message with the tracking number, your shipping address and your name. so that I can distinguish the parcel when it reaches to us.

sMS-200_PWB(Power).jpg

Step 3. Once we receive the unit at our end, we will generate US$100 coupon or the link which can purchase sMS-200 at US$350 as the very special price.

This event will be starting from 19th, September to 19th, October for a month.

In the meantime we are running the event, we will attend 2016 RMAF and exhibit at Room 5032 with BOENICKE audio, and the sMS-200 will be demoed and the earlier mentioned upcoming products(the USB audio generator, new power supply and new music server & player) also will be displayed as well.

Check us at 2016 RMAF!

As always, if you have any question or concern regarding our product or this event, please simply email me.

May : [email protected] or [email protected]

Thank you very much.

Best regards, May

sMS-200_PWB(Main).jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to say thanks to May and the SOtM team for their first class customer service.

I made a recent SOtM purchase and even though there was a very small minor issue with the product, it was sorted out in the first class way we all hope for with any purchase.

A very happy SOtM customer here. Highly recommended and I'm looking forward to my next SOtM purchase ! :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Quite a nice review:

I've always used and LPS with mine SMS-200 so I don't know how much of a difference it makes vs the standard PS.

This review is being linked on quite a few forums at the moment. I've got a microRendu (also with a LPS) but the fact that Hanz says the SMS-200 is a step up will get alot of attention. I think it's a little cheaper too. Great work by SOtM. I'll be keeping an eye on more of these reviews for sure.

I've just got mine, b.t.w.

Also bear in mind that sotm is coming out with its own hybrid power supply, the sps-500, that also looks -and by all accounts must be- "killer" too.

It appeared at RMAF (there are pics in sotm's facebook page) but if anyone who has attended has any additional info and cares to spill the beans, I'd be more than happy to hear about that too.

Hans review in the end said that with both powered by the S-booster, the SMS-200 was "a tad" better.

It may also be true that which one is better depends on the PS. Not for sure that every PS will effect both devices equally.

In most places the SMS-200 will be less expensive, so that is definitely in its favor.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)