IGNORED

A Desert Island Video Concert.

I'll start with this both sonically and visually stunning classic :

Talking Heads 'Stop Making Sense' (1984)

(I'm pretty sure there are many audiophiles here who are videophiles too)

We are discussing video of music performances which we want listen (see) until of the end of our lifespan, right? Desert island implies it, if I am not mistaken. Not sure I would keep interest to David Byrne body movements for such a long period of time. Or no period at all. Do not know. What I would have not far away from my beach shack video shelf is Marta Argerich performances of Rachmaninov 3d, Ravel and Prokofiev concertos. And something else, didn't decide yet, sun is very bright here and ocean waves so big.
Glaspy's new album is excellent. Calling it now that it will be on many year end lists. My summer Jam!

I've watched her 29-minutes 3 songs showcase and backgrounding interview when it was released 3 months ago :

However, sound recording/YouTube encoding is somewhat subpar.

We are discussing video of music performances which we want listen (see) until of the end of our lifespan, right? Desert island implies it, if I am not mistaken.

Well, I thought less of Desert Island Discs, more of Holiday streaming.

Not sure I would keep interest to David Byrne body movements for such a long period of time. Or no period at all. Do not know.

I remember only seeing Annie Clark...

What I would have not far away from my beach shack video shelf is Marta Argerich performances of Rachmaninov 3d, Ravel and Prokofiev concertos.

Thanks, have noted it down

«

an accurate picture

Sono pessimista con l'intelligenza,

ma ottimista per la volontà.

severe loudspeaker alignment »

My choice is Jethro Tull - Live At Montreux 2003 on Blu-ray disc. Has DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and LPCM 2.0 at 20-bit 48kHz.

2584_f_live_at_montreux_2003.jpg

I also have the Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense Blu-ray disc and agree it is very good.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

We are discussing video of music performances which we want listen (see) until of the end of our lifespan, right? Desert island implies it, if I am not mistaken. Not sure I would keep interest to David Byrne body movements for such a long period of time. Or no period at all. Do not know. What I would have not far away from my beach shack video shelf is Marta Argerich performances of Rachmaninov 3d, Ravel and Prokofiev concertos. And something else, didn't decide yet, sun is very bright here and ocean waves so big.
As for M. Argerich (and yes especially playing Rachmaninov 3rd but not only) - I completly agree. I can watch just her fingers' movement for hours (listening to the music at the same time of course) without getting bored. A great pianist!

BTW ocean waves in Odessa..?

It IS possible to hear ocean waves in Odessa! The so called 'Little Odessa' - Brighton Beach, Brooklyn, NY. I lived there some time ago. :)

I know Brighton Beach quite well, visited couple of times in different years and even lived there once for a couple of weeks. The beach area is very similar to that in Odessa, Ukraine - no real ocean waves in both cases, Brooklyn is not exposed to an open ocean. Nobody will try surfing there, right?)

• 2 months later...