IGNORED

New "The Beatles: Live At The Hollywood Bowl"

There's a new release of "The Beatles: Live At The Hollywood Bowl" due Sept. 9. I'm sure this is directly related to the new Ron Howard movie coming out called "The Beatles: Eight Days A Week - The Touring Years".

Here's a link to a story with Giles Martin about the new technology used to clean up the original Hollywood Bowl recordings. There's also a recording of the new version of "A Hard Day's Night" from the upcoming cd. Compared to anything I've heard released live previously, this sounds like a huge improvement to me.

All Songs +1: The Beatles Are Live And Sounding Better Than Ever : All Songs Considered : NPR

Still amazes me that they played without being able to hear themselves.

BTW, look up their touring schedule - they played almost every day, with almost no days off. When they weren't playing live they were recording and doing TV and movie appearances.

Sometimes multiple shows a day in up to 3 locations. Amazing. And not a surprise they got sick of playing live.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I think they worked their arses off, especially during the Hamburg years. They really, really wanted to be good, to be the best and they paid their dues. Being able to play well, in front of 50,000 screaming people, could only happen after that foundation was built. Interesting comments from Giles Martin re; muscle memory.

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

There's a new release of "The Beatles: Live At The Hollywood Bowl" due Sept. 9. I'm sure this is directly related to the new Ron Howard movie coming out called "The Beatles: Eight Days A Week - The Touring Years".

I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

what I'm hearing, that's great, but I want to load it on the computer?

Sept 9 digital downloads and streaming versions will be available. Format hasn't been announced. Based on the quality of the original recording, I doubt hires will offer much advantage.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

• 2 weeks later...

BTW, look up their touring schedule - they played almost every day, with almost no days off. When they weren't playing live they were recording and doing TV and movie appearances.

Sometimes multiple shows a day in up to 3 locations. Amazing. And not a surprise they got sick of playing live.

Still amazes me that so many people went totally apeshit at their concerts without being to hear them

Anyone seen this available to download?

It's at iTunes in mp3. It's also available for streaming at Tidal and other streaming services. I'm assuming it will be available in CD quality from the Beatles themselves or from Tidal.

Still amazes me that so many people went totally apeshit at their concerts without being to hear them

Not just their concerts. I saw "A Hard Day's Night" and "Help" in the theater in my small home town when I was a kid, and during the time any of the Fabs was on screen (which is, as you would suppose, nearly all the time) it was impossible to hear anything, as every girl in the theater was shrieking at the top of her lungs.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Not just their concerts. I saw "A Hard Day's Night" and "Help" in the theater in my small home town when I was a kid, and during the time any of the Fabs was on screen (which is, as you would suppose, nearly all the time) it was impossible to hear anything, as every girl in the theater was shrieking at the top of her lungs.

YUP the good old days. Those were pretty amazing times.

yes, but other than itunes and amazon mp3, or links to order the CD or LP, or streaming links - not download links

BTW, I'm streaming it on Tidal right now.Sound? In absolute terms, not good. B36ut definitely better than the version from 77. Mainly of interest for someone who wants to know what they sounded like at the height of Beatlemania. If you want to know what they sounded like as a band, the BBC and Anthology tracks from 1961-63 will give you a better idea, but without the "live" excitement.

George Martin also tried recording them live at the Cavern Club in Liverpool, but that apparently didn't work either. A shame that there isn't a decent recording of them from 1962 or 63, before Beatlemania made it impossible for them to play properly and be recorded.

Thanks!

I wonder if there in any chance of a higher res release (44.1 Khz, 24 bit)? I'd hate to buy RBCD quality, if something better subsequently came out.

Extremely doubtful that hires will be worth anything. This is not a high quality recording.

I'm going to get the Redbook and won't get it in hires if it gets put out.

+1, Jud. Exactly what I experienced when I went to see those movies when I was a kid. One of the reasons, given that era, and having experienced it, that to this day, I feel like a failure for never having managed to become a rock star. Or even a moderately respected comet.

JC

Just think, all those screaming girls are now senior citizens! (I was just starting college when the Beatles arrived in the US.)

Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files