IGNORED

Sonore USB Adapter - discontinued

1977039516_ScreenShot2019-03-09at7_48_51AM.png.f5efa011e8fee18cb21dd29f0af5c666.png

The Sonore Adapter is a USB type-A plug to USB type-B plug adapter replacement for the USB hard adapter supplied with some computer audio gear such as the Sonore microRendu and Uptone Audio Regen. These adapters are custom made by hand in the USA for Sonore by Cardas Audio.

MSRP 75 USD

vortecjr said:

The Sonore USB Adapter is a USB type-A plug to USB type-B plug adapter replacement for the USB hard adapter supplied with some computer audio gear such as the Sonore microRendu and Uptone Audio Regen. These adapters are custom made by hand in the USA for Sonore by Cardas Audio.

MSRP 75 USD - available for purchase this weekend

Any other other configurations available? Like Type A to micro USB for Chord Hugo users? And what are the dimension like length?

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

Length?

Jesus- good physical match with the Mytek 192 (you have one, no?) - will the mR be on the table/shelf suface when attached with this to the Mytek- no strain on the Mytek?

Thanks

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Length?

Jesus- good physical match with the Mytek 192 (you have one, no?) - will the mR be on the table/shelf suface when attached with this to the Mytek- no strain on the Mytek?

Thanks

TBD. It's about the same as what you get with the hard adapter.

Any other other configurations available? Like Type A to micro USB for Chord Hugo users? And what are the dimension like length?

I'd be interested in this too.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Is there any user feedback yet on whether this adapter sounds significantly better than the one supplied with the REGEN or micro rendu? Jesus, I'd like to hear your listening impressions in the meantime.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Is this likely to be distributed in the UK? Much like the microRendu itself, sold via Vortexbox?

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

Is there any user feedback yet on whether this adapter sounds significantly better than the one supplied with the REGEN or micro rendu? Jesus, I'd like to hear your listening impressions in the meantime.

I don't get into that...the idea is simply to offer an alternative.

Superdad did elaborate testing for the Regen and found no difference between adapters and cables. The main point is that the connection is as short as possible so in principle a hard adapter is best as it is the shortest connection. This is merely a short, but apparently flexible, alternative for those who need to work with angles to connect to the DAC. And it looks nicer.

Synology DS214+ with MinimServer --> Ethernet --> Sonore mRendu / SOtM SMS-200 --> Chord Hugo --> Chord interconnects --> Naim NAP 200--> Chord speaker cable --> Focal Aria 948

Superdad did elaborate testing for the Regen and found no difference between adapters and cables.

That's not my recollection. I'm pretty sure he stated a preference for the hard adapter over the short cable they provide - and even went as far as saying the latter should be avoided.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

That's not my recollection. I'm pretty sure he stated a preference for the hard adapter over the short cable they provide - and even went as far as saying the latter should be avoided.

You're correct. Was in a hurry when I typed it up.

Superdad did elaborate testing for the Regen and found no difference between adapters and cables. The main point is that the connection is as short as possible so in principle a hard adapter is best as it is the shortest connection. This is merely a short, but apparently flexible, alternative for those who need to work with angles to connect to the DAC. And it looks nicer.

The Sonore USB Adapter is actually fairly rigid.

Just got myself a Curious Regen Link USB cable today (managed to get one used). About 7.5 inches, which is nice because you get the flexibility, but also a very short cable...so far sounds very nice, but haven't noticed much difference compared to the standard hard adapter yet...requires more extended listening I'd say! :)

Got my adapter today but having some issues. I should also mention that I took the opportunity to update to version 2.3.

I can't get HQP to work now using mRendu in NAA mode. In trying to troubleshoot, I can find the mRendu in mysonicorbiter but if I click on Manage I get a "can't find message" so I can't see if my DAC is being recognized. If repeated this on two separate category computers and getting the same result.

Up until now, everything has worked well.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Well as usually is the case, while waiting on a reply, I try one more time and everything is now working. I put the original hard adapter back in place and everything worked so it seemed that the update was not the problem. Put the new adapter back in and everything works.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Okay...no worries:)

Hiya,

I got mine last night. Plugged it in, noticed a (small difference), and liked it right away. My very first thought was that I was getting a little more detail. I also felt like center channel focused vocals were more defined. So I put the original back in and listened to some of the same material and verified. In some cases, - Lila Downs, the vocals were a little less centered, but also a little warmer with the original, supplied, adapter. So I put the new adapter back in and listened for the rest of the evening with it. After some time of just enjoying the music, I got the sense that this adapter definitely gives me a very slightly more relaxed presentation, a better soundstage, a little more detail, and a little bit more of tightening of lower bass.

This wasn't a crazy dramatic improvement. I think that it also might have a little more of an effect for systems that work well with Cardas wire: (my system manufacturer highly recommended Cardas). For me, well worth the $85. It would be even more so if I needed a twist like some people do. However, if one uses/needs a SPDIF cable/adapter, or uses the iFi Power supply, or for some reason can't use a short USB cable, they should address those things first.

The Sonore adapter is very short too, it's longer than the provided adapter, but not by much.

Cheers,