IGNORED

Looking for a good 2.0/2.1 set

Hey there everyone, I recently sold my 5.1 system(a Logitech X-530) and am currently looking for a good 2.0/2.1 set. My max price(before shipping and tax, but after bing if it can be used) would be around $150.

I've looked around and noticed that the Edifier S330D, and Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 are both recommended in various places, as well as things like the M-Audio AV40s. I'm mostly looking for something that'll sound good, have ok bass(I realize I'd need to buy a sub later for a 2.0 set). As far as what I'd be using them for, I'd say around 50%gaming/40-45%music/10-5%movies. Maybe a 60/35/5.

I'll just say I don't know too much about speakers, so I probably wouldn't be getting a receiver if I did go with 2.0s, and my knowledge is fairly limited on how to hook them up, since most every speaker set I've owned was color marked for easier install.

Oh, one other set I was looking at was some of the Polk Audio Monitor 30s from newegg since they're on sale. Does anyone have experience with them? They're listed in the home audio section, so don't know how easy they'd be to hook up to a computer..

Thanks in advance for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Polk is a good company. Why not hook up to your amp? I use my HT amp and it is very nice, buy an internal BD drive, Bluray if your pc is HDPC compliant. I stopped buying computer speakers ten years ago for home use. Alan

Vista Ultimate 32 bit/ Intel e5300 cpu/ ECS G41T-M2 mainboard/Diamond XS Dac/line-in to Insignia Amp/ Cambridge SoundWorks meets Infinity RS1001\'s