New launch - SPDIF iPurifier

Launched today:

Accessory – SPDIF iPurifier

SPDIF iPurifier

Jitter killer; put the quality back into the sound

1.thumb.jpg.c391a7d2b86972b9da59cbd7feb0d19f.jpg

Southport, UK – 18th August 2016

SPDIF is ubiquitous, but needs jitter sorting

SPDIF is back. With platforms like PS4, Xbox, Apple TV and Google Chromecast etc., SPDIF output has once again become a popular medium for enjoying good sound. However, such SPDIF outputs are loaded with jitter which effects sub-par sound quality.

The new SPDIF iPurifier runs the SPDIF signal through 4 comprehensive signal optimisation and regeneration stages. The SPDIF iPurifier eliminates all source jitter and regenerates a perfect SPDIF signal - resulting in warmer, more dynamic, resolving and flat out more life-like sonics.

Features/Technologies

2.thumb.jpg.e95740c2b1662bc15bebf69d48c5c022.jpg

• Signal stage 1: Galvanic isolation of SPDIF signal
  • Signal stage 2: REgenerate®
  • Signal stage 3: Memory buffer
  • Signal stage 4: REclock® (with <300 femto seconds Global Master Timing®)
  • Bit-Perfect® support up to 192kHz, (PCM/DSD on DoP) and DTS, Dolby Digital
  • Coaxial/Optical input and Coaxial and Optical outputs
  • ‘Quieter than battery’ iPower 5V included

3.thumb.png.2c67464c6891f5a655b279d35187970b.png

The retail price of the SPDIF iPuriifer is US$149 (ex-tax) or €165 (incl VAT).

The first stockist:

Audio Advisor

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

I've checked these links below:

http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-spdif-ipurifier/

http://ifi-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/data/manual/SPDIFiPurifier_Manual_en%20(1).pdf

Since I wasn't able to find an answer, are BOTH coaxial and optical *outputs* working simultaneously while the optical output of Macbook Pro is connected to the optical input of S/PDIF iPurifier?

In other words, is it OK to drive two separate DACs (coaxial output for 1st DAC and optical output for 2nd DAC) with only one S/PDIF iPurifier or not?

Is daisy-chaining multiple S/PDIF iPurifier gonna work even better than having only one in the chain?

Thanks a lot.

I've checked these links below:Accessory – SPDIF iPurifier

http://ifi-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/data/manual/SPDIFiPurifier_Manual_en%20(1).pdf

Since I wasn't able to find an answer, are BOTH coaxial and optical *outputs* working simultaneously while the optical output of Macbook Pro is connected to the optical input of S/PDIF iPurifier?

In other words, is it OK to drive two separate DACs (coaxial output for 1st DAC and optical output for 2nd DAC) with only one S/PDIF iPurifier or not?

Thanks a lot.

YES, it is perfectly fine to attach 2 x output sources to the SPDIF iPurifier. So one may run one DAC via optical and another DAC via co-ax.

I've checked these links below:

Is daisy-chaining multiple S/PDIF iPurifier gonna work even better than having only one in the chain?

Thanks a lot.

Just 1 x SPDIF iPurifier will suffice. No need to daisychain.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Ned - Have you contacted iFi USA directly? They should be able to instruct you accordingly or possibly sell it to you directly.

Thanks, I did contact them. So far, none of the vendors they suggested that I contact are stocking it. Which is why I thought I'd just ping to see if anyone might have seen them in the wild yet.

I suppose I just need to be patient!

Thanks!

--Ned

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I saw that. Backordered I assume. It was in stock on the 13th when I posted.

BeachCamera.com - iFi Audio SPDIF iPurifier Digital Optical Audio Filter

This authorised iFi dealer still has some SPDIF iPurifier inventory remaining. We shall drop Music Direct and notify them they are out of stock!

Just received an iFi SPDIF iPurifier and it doesn't play nice with the Chromecast Audio. It makes a noticeable improvement to the sound coming from the CCA, but as soon as the music stops a whole lot of crackling occurs. If I start playing music, the crackling goes away until I stop it again. Once it has started, the crackling continues even if I disconnect the iFi from the CCA. If I disconnect the power from the iFi, then reconnect it, the crackling goes away until I play more music, then stop it again, at which point it returns. I have tried it with a second CCA - same result.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

- Einstein

Just received an iFi SPDIF iPurifier and it doesn't play nice with the Chromecast Audio. It makes a noticeable improvement to the sound coming from the CCA, but as soon as the music stops a whole lot of crackling occurs. If I start playing music, the crackling goes away until I stop it again. Once it has started, the crackling continues even if I disconnect the iFi from the CCA. If I disconnect the power from the iFi, then reconnect it, the crackling goes away until I play more music, then stop it again, at which point it returns. I have tried it with a second CCA - same result.

Wow, that's too bad. IIRC Darko used a Chromecast Audio device in his review and makes me wonder if yours is defective.

AMR & iFi-Audio :: Support Ticket System

Open a support ticket here. Give the guys your full system setup and any configuration options you think are informative.

The SPDIF iPurifier is 'dumb' it just passes the signal. It is either on or off. There are no switches. Our tech guys will take a look at your full system for you to see if we can offer any input.

It looks like a great product and I'm sure it does great things on less than perfect digital sources.

However, I would like to point out, that your jitter claims, without giving the integration bandwith, are pretty useless.

You see, jitter figures are not unlike car acceleration. Does the claim 'car acceleration is 10s' tell you anything about the car performance ? No, unless you know it that is from 0 to 60, 0-120 etc. 0-120 MPH in 10s would actually be great and would mean a super fast car. But 10s 0-60 means rather poor performance.

Same time. Different speed delta.

Same with jitter. 300fs can be great, if you integrate the signal from say 0.1Hz to 100kHz. But would it still be great, if you integrate the signal from say 0.1Hz to 1Hz ? No.

If you make the bandwith narrow enough, you can actually make ANY clock to have 1fs of jitter !

So giving jitter figures without integration bandwith means absolutely nothing, and should be considered a pure marketing.

MSB shows on their website how the data should be presented:

http://www.msbtech.com/products/femto.php?Page=dacSelect

Adam

PC: custom Roon server with Pink Faun Ultra OCXO USB card

Digital: Lampizator Horizon DAC

Amp: Dan D'Agostino Momentum Stereo

Speakers: Magcio M3

AMR & iFi-Audio :: Support Ticket System

Open a support ticket here. Give the guys your full system setup and any configuration options you think are informative.

The SPDIF iPurifier is 'dumb' it just passes the signal. It is either on or off. There are no switches. Our tech guys will take a look at your full system for you to see if we can offer any input.

Thanks for the feedback. After trying a few permutations and combinations, I was coming to the conclusion that it might be a problem with one of the power circuits in my house. Unfortunately, the USB power socket in the iFi has failed. I gather the internal connector has come adrift as the USB plug just rattles around loose in the slot provided.

I must say it definitely improved the sound quality of my system before it died.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

- Einstein

Thanks for the feedback. After trying a few permutations and combinations, I was coming to the conclusion that it might be a problem with one of the power circuits in my house. Unfortunately, the USB power socket in the iFi has failed. I gather the internal connector has come adrift as the USB plug just rattles around loose in the slot provided.

I must say it definitely improved the sound quality of my system before it died.

Just send us your Support Ticket details and we'll ask the tech guys to arrange new one for you. Dont drop any personal details here please.

Just send us your Support Ticket details and we'll ask the tech guys to arrange new one for you. Dont drop any personal details here please.

I'm in Australia, so I guess I should approach the local distributor, from whom I bought it, to arrange a replacement. I've been a bit unlucky with this but I appreciate the level of support you are offering and you really do have a good product.

- Einstein

How exactly one is to connect this to the Apple TV's optical out and then into the DAC as it lacks full optical interface? Utilize adapters (which themselves introduce jitter thereby negating the benefit of unit) ?

Previous Apple TV's got optical out, new generation doesn't have one sadly.

I'm talking about the previous gen Apple Tv! It has regular optical out , not of mini jack kind , like Airport Express.... So how is one to use your device from Apple TV with optical into the dac with optical in? Thanks !

Via optical cables terminated in regular fashion on one end, and with 3,5 mm on the other. No adapters are needed.

You mean SPDF Purifier goes into DAC's coaxial input jack and an optical cable is used from its optical 3.5 mm output? It transforms coaxial signal into optical? Please clarify. Thanks !!

No, it stays native, no transformation takes place. This device's S/PDIF outputs are separated, but input is both coaxial and optical. To be more specific and keep it understandable, the latter is in the former's inside. You see only coaxial part. That's it.