IGNORED

How can SSR play MinimServer Playlists

Hello,

I have a Signature Series Rendu which is playing files from my QNAP NAS running MinimServer. My control point is BubbleUPnP or Kinsky.

I created a playlist for Internet radio streams according to the instructions given in MinimServer. The playlists can be seen by the control points.

When I try to play a stream through my SSR I do not get any sound or a few seconds then silence.

I can play the stream through another network streamer so I think they are set up correctly.

Can someone advise me about playing playlist streams?

Thank you,

Chip

Hmm...try making the SSR an OpenHome renderer: install Bubbleserver somewhere on your network (QNAP would be ideal), then create a virtual SSR OpenHome copy (as per Bubbleserver instructions).

This will improve playlist management, since OpenHome renderers own the playlist, not individual control points.

bubble.jpg

did you install minimstreamer? based on where you've gotten to, looks like you did.

if you were trying to use the url's in the minimstreamer instructions, note that those high bandwidth streams are only available if you're in europe. when i set it up, i ran into the same problem -- you've got to use lower bandwidth streams.

if you're in the u.s., you can go to this web site to find public radio urls: PublicRadioFan.com

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Hi,

I have setup the SSR as an Open Home device using BubbleUPnP server on my QNAP.

I am in Europe and have a 100 MB fiber Internet connection so bandwidth should not be a problem.

The streams will play on another OH streamer in my house.

The streams will not play through my SSR.

Any ideas as to what I should do?

Thanks for your suggestions,

Chip

Hmm...try making the SSR an OpenHome renderer: install Bubbleserver somewhere on your network (QNAP would be ideal), then create a virtual SSR OpenHome copy (as per Bubbleserver instructions).

This will improve playlist management, since OpenHome renderers own the playlist, not individual control points.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28346[/ATTACH]

His question has do with internet radio stations and .m3u files similar to the ones I gave you some time ago. MinimServer loads them as playlists. I sent him some examples to follow.