IGNORED

DAC with XLR output + volume control

Do you own the Mini-I Pro? Finding it really hard to come by in the UK - I don't think there is an authorised dealer here, which is surprising. Have you looked at the new model, the Mini-I Pro 2? If so, what do you think the main differences are?

I've be enjoying the Mini I-Pro for almost one year now. I got it in Germany via web.

I took a short peek online at the new model. It looks basically the same harware (Sabre 9016), plus the Bluetooth and some aesthetic improvements. They claim some other upgrade in the circuitry: we'll see when the first reviews will be released.

If I had to buy it now, I'd probably try to get the new model.

Thanks - I took a look at this a while back but I don't think it comes with a remote control and controlling the volume by the buttons on the front doesn't look very convenient - a knob would be much better.

If you are wanting volume control then the Emotiva is one to look at. They don't have a digital attenuation volume but a transistor ladder volume control I believe.

Thanks, I also looked into the Emotiva. Looks like a great unit. Problem is, I live in the UK and the shipping and taxes/duty costs are just too much. There are no Emotiva dealers here in the UK unfortunately.