IGNORED

Dragonfly v 1.2 on a Ubuntu Linux system-- goes to sleep

I run Ubuntu Linux 14.04LTS, using Audacious (v3.7.2) music player, ALSA set to 24 bit with proper hardware configurations from the drop down lists.

This is my issue-- When the computer reboots, the Dragonfly falls asleep (the dragonfly turns red) after a few seconds.

The solution which works is pulling the USB device out and re-inserting and waiting to see if it stays 'awake'. If it stays awake, it runs flawlessly until the next time the box reboots.

Audioquest does not support Linux. Audacious has the Dragonfly parameters in the ALSA choices. It is a mystery for which I have yet to find a solution. One friend said it may be a hardware configuration within Linux, which means there should be a solution. I am not all that tech savy, but if anyone can give me a CLI solution, I can input it in terminal. Thanks

Thanks for the prompt reply. I am still not all that familiar with writing a shell script to accomplish this, but fortunately, I have a developer friend (who introduced me to Linux, and sending Bill Gates away) so he should be able to help.

You may want to try a different distro. I find Unity DE to be so watered down in an attempt to be user friendly, its hard to use. I have a 1.2 also and I tested it on a few Ubuntu based distros (Non Unity) and it didn't have your problem on any of them. Black Lab (Gnome), Peppermint (LXDE) and SolydK (KDE) are the ones I used.

I appreciate your help but it appears to be a problem which is either in the dragonfly, or an arcane issue in Linux. Either way the pull out and push in works so until the next boot it works fine. I discovered that it falls asleep in 20 sec. And if it is still awake after a minute, you are good to go.

Sent from my Z812 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
I appreciate your help but it appears to be a problem which is either in the dragonfly, or an arcane issue in Linux. Either way the pull out and push in works so until the next boot it works fine. I discovered that it falls asleep in 20 sec. And if it is still awake after a minute, you are good to go.

We have determined that the Dragonfly was defective from the start. It ceased functioning and is headed back to AQ for warranty replacement. If I have problems with the new one, I will get the $99 School...